1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Fantasy Football - Sleepers/Busts/Strategies/etc

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Big MAK, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think there's times where you go out and get those guys. Like if you need a miracle on Monday, but yeah I agree. The funnier one is Vrabel getting taken. Or whatever linebacker used to catch TD's.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

agreed with this. last year was his ceiling. i like players with upside, and he is the definition of somebody with none.

solid, but not good enough for his ADP.

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Ok, got my draft tonight. MJD just returned to the Jags, so where should I place him?

And if I got a low spot in the draft, should I take a gamble on McFadden/Chris Johnson or go with say Forte with my first pick, assuming none of the elite QBs or Calvin Johnson are not on the board.

I've seen some projections that have McFadden pretty high right now, but I'm super scared of his injury issues. Had him last year.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would slot MJD around 10th right now, even with his return. I would be concerned about Jennings taking his carries.

If you pick say 7th, then its hard to decide to go McFadden or a safer option like Brees or Brady. McFadden has #1 potential for sure, so he would be the 4th RB on my board behind the Big 3.

Sometimes you have to swing for the fences when picking near the bottom.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

One guy I don't like that I see going earlier than he should is Torrey Smith. I liked him last year when nobody picked him. The guy has terrible hands, is really inconsistent, and will never get a ton if targets IMO. He's a cute play in those leagues that award extra points for 40yd TDs or if you need a miracle.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Disagree completely, I think Flacco's biggest strength is his long ball, and Smith is a great deep threat. I can see 65 catches 1100 yards and 9 TDs for him, although he will have some duds here and there. He's the new Desean Jackson.

7. what

what Member

Second wr off the board?

Julio Jones or Larry Fitzgerald?

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

well heres my team i just drafted, 10 team league. 9th overall pick.

QB-Brady
    QB-Romo
    WR-Julio Jones
    RB-DeMarco Murray
    RB-Trent Richardson
    TE-Jimmy Graham
    W/T-Antonio Brown
    BN-Miles Austin
    BN-Vincent Jackson
    BN-Stevie Johnson
    BN-Mark Ingram
    BN-Santonio Holmes
    BN-Issac Redman

K-Neil Rackers
    K-Nick Novak

DEF-Houston
    DEF-NY Jets

of course i wasnt paying attention picking the kickers..my last 2 picks, because i just drop and replace every week with them. didnt realize both of those kickers were basically cut. so i dropped em and replaced with some dudes.

little worried about RB situation..but hell most the studs were gone by the time they got to me, i could have grabbed chris johnson at 9, but opted for brady instead. same thing with graham in 2nd round (snake draft so 2nd pick in 2nd rd)

hows the texans defense supposed to be this year,after i selected them someone mentions no mario williams, which i forgot he left. still houston going to be alright defensively? i grabbed the defenses a little earlier than last year too. last year i was subbing out D's every week as well, which tended to be shaky too. real slim pickings, because of the 2 defenses per team just like last year.

thoughts?

#288 FlyerFanatic, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

For me it would be: Megatron, Julio, Cruz. Then pick one between AJ Green, Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson.

10. what

what Member

Yeah, I'm thinking about going: Cam (pick 14), Mathews (Pick 15) and Cruz (Pick 29) [3rr rule] with my first 3 picks.

I know Cam has been slipping, but I can't see him making it to the 29th pick and I really want him or Stafford.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I definitely see the reasons why people are high on him - I just don't see him putting it all together. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

12. what

what Member

I am much higher on Titus Young than I am about Torrey Smith. Torrey's numbers last year were feast or famine. I might be wrong but I can't see him having value till about the 85 to 95 pick range.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, for me he's a "play when you need a miracle guy" - borderline Cribbs territory. He might get a huge play, even two, but I don't think he has the tools to become a consistent performer.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Cam scares me. I think there was too great of a risk with Cam not repeating what he did last year that I didn't even want to consider him. I had the 12th pick and Stafford was even gone, so I went Chris Johnson and Graham (12,13) and then Trent and Cruz (35,36) before picking up Phillip Rivers.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Torrey Smith is the only real legit option Flacco has. Boldin is declining fast, Ed Dickson isn't anything to write home about. I think Smith will get a lot more targets than you guys think.

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Titus Young is always overhyped, I would pick Torrey before Titus.

17. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

10 team league...pick 6

QB
    Jay Cutler
    Matt Schaub

RB
    Ray Rice
    Chris Johnson
    Darren Sproles
    CJ Spiller
    Jacquizz Rodgers

WR
    Brandon Marshall
    Dez Bryant
    Brandon Lloyd
    Titus Young
    Denarious Moore
    Greg Little

TE
    Jimmy Graham
    Brent Celek

K
    Matt Prater

Def
    Buffalo

18. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Both my Fantasy teams.

Tony Romo
    Marshawn Lynch
    Arian Foster
    Victor Cruz
    Jeremy Maclin
    Antonio Gates
    Miles Austin

Mason Crosy K, Jets D

Bench
    Roesthlisberger, Roy Helu, Isaac Redman, Justin Blackmon, Laurent Robinson, Jacob Tamme

Team 2

Tom Brady
    Antonio Brown
    Torrey Smith
    Marshawn Lynch
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Jimmy Graham
    Rashad Jennings

Akers K 49ers D

Bench
    Demaryius Thomas, Mike Wallace, Matt Schaub, Brandon Pettigrew, Laurent Robinson

Any tweaks need be? I would start Wallace but since he missed preseason and Camp, might need a game or two to get back into the stride. Washington still hasn't named their starting RB so not sure on Helu. Eyeing Jonathan Dwyer instead of Helu and Robinson atm

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Cutler might be ok, but he's not going to be elite. RBs look ok. WRs not bad and TE is elite.
    You may have waited too long on a QB though.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dear SDW,

Might want to try and package Romo + a WR or one of your RBs for a better RB, or a straight up trade for an insurance back.

You are very thin there with Murray and Richardson, each of whom need to prove themselves this season.

I love Julio and Antonio Brown, but you went a little too WR heavy in a deep WR year, especially when you only have 2 spots available for that position. If you were in a standard 3WR league, it would have been better.

You might be ok with Redman for the first couple weeks, but if one of your hogs miss time you will be hard pressed to find a good back.