1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Fantasy Football - Sleepers/Busts/Strategies/etc

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Big MAK, Jul 15, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

around what pick overall should Lynch go?

#261 RedNation, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. what

what Member

Carefully chosen words there, Moe. Nelson might be the safest bet (even though I think that's debatable), but there is no way in the world in a thin year for stud running backs that you can let Ryan Mathews go.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think Demarco Murray would be a better choice than Ryan Matthews, but this is only my 2nd year playing fantasy football, so Im not an expert.

4. what

what Member

depends on what kind of a league. In non-ppr I'd take him in early 2nd round pick. if it is ppr, i'd take to wait till middle of the 3rd round to pick him.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

don't touch mathews. you've all been warned. he can't handle a full load, never has been able to. he's injured already, and not suddenly going to be a superstar.

they have ronnie brown, jacob hester, and leron mclain. these guys will undoubtedly cut into his load at least as much as tolbert did.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

you sound like a scorned CJ owner. he still thinks he can beat bolt in a 40. he didn't holdout this year. he's never missed a game to injury. he will be better than he was last year.

i think the problem is, he is still being evaluated with rushing for 2000 yards as his requirement for a successful year. that's irrational.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Also first year he's ever been involved with Titans off season training program. I also expect a bounce back season for CJ.

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Need help:

Which starting def, Texans vs fins or bears vs colts?

Thanks

9. what

what Member

nobody knows. and why are you carrying 2 defenses on your team anyway?

10. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Cuz I'm boss and drafted em 14/15 round. It's a tough choice

11. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Had my 3rd draft of the season, 4th pick, already got a trade request:

Starters:
    QB-Matt Schaub
    RB-McCoy
    RB-Gore
    WR-Julio Jones
    WR-Andre Johnson
    WR-Percy Harvin
    TE-Tony Gonzalez
    FLEX-C.J. Spiller
    K-Patriots kicker
    DST-Ravens

Bench:
    QB-Josh Freeman
    RB-Toby Gerhart
    WR-Lestar Jean
    WR-Davone Bess
    WR-Rod Streater
    TE-Coby Fleener

Got this trade proposal:

Gore, Julio, & Andre for Foster, Demeriyus Thomas, Boldin

should I do it? At first I said no, been saying no but then I thought about it, if I have foster and mccoy together I really don't need WRs idk tho. default Yahoo scoring.

12. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

sorry I may have posted in the wrong thread, also posted in the "Should I" thread.

13. what

what Member

The only real fault with your team is your lack of quality backups at running back.

But you have an unreal starting unit. How many teams drafted in this league?

And hell naw I would never do that deal. He's taking Julio and Andre who are miles better than Thomas and Boldin, it ain't close and then he is replacing Gore with the only player he's losing which is Foster.

Laugh at him some more but don't do that deal.

14. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had him all last year and remember being disappointed. The weird thing is I look at his overall stats and they are great...but I think he accumulated a bunch of them late in the season after my league was over because I was largely unhappy with what I saw from him from week to week.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've got until Tuesday. I'll hold out as long as I can. I'll probably go ahead and keep him with the hopes that he comes to his senses and plays for SOMEBODY this year. Hopefully he doesn't pull a CJ2K and suck ass having missed all of training camp and preseason.

16. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

12 teams drafted. ok but i'm gaining foster tho. I lose 2 really good wrs but gain the first pick overall, and would have a combo of Foster/McCoy.

17. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Don't do it.

18. what

what Member

That guy knew how to tempt a texans fan I guess. You are gaining foster but you are losing a TON. He is getting 2 of the top 6 or so receivers and giving you back maybe 2 30 range rated receivers.

Gore is a top 15 back with potential to be top 5. This deal is terrible for you believe me.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's been going too early IMO so I've completely ignored him this year.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A common mistake when drafting IDPs is targeting players with return TD potential. A safety like George Wilson who is going to get a ton of tackles will end up being a much better IDP than Patrick Peterson who will put up several dud games.