1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 Roster Spots Open

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with Bobby Brown. The guy is in better shape than last season, he will have plenty of time to keep his fitness up, he practices with the first team, experienced, not very slow, can hit the 3 and protect the ball.

If we're going to have this guy taking up a spot, he should be ready to be 3rd string at his position? If we have him on the team because of Harden/Ariza, doesn't mean he gets a free pass to eat cheeseburgers all season while taking a roster spot away during a critical season and at a time when we could use some young project players to develop.

Should be Bobby, and if he's not ready it's on Harden. If it's not Harden who is keeping him here, then it's on Morey. The last thing we need is to be competing with the deepest and most talented team in history with a disadvantage at roster space. Yes I know the 15th man barely matters, but every bit counts right now. Practice, garbage minutes to rest our starters, backup in case of injury >> these things can add up, and if it gives us .5% better chance than we ought to be wise about it.

I want to use that roster spot on someone who becomes available between now and deadline who could be a top 4 PF/C on our team. That's where we need the upgrade most.

We have Gordon, Moute, Brown and Demetrius backing up Harden and Paul. If Harden/Paul need to sit and we struggle, it won't be because of the difference between Bobby Brown and Deron Williams.

roslolian and RudyTBag like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jameer Nelson would be a MAJOR score.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You know, I like Bobby too. He has a beautiful stroke and has now been running this Offense in practice for a few years, and he has great plug and play ability with Harden and Ariza.

I'm on board with giving Bobby a spot, but scooping up a veteran guy like Jameer Nelson would be really nice too, and Baldwin would be a major score.

Mathloom likes this.
  5. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Not sure, I just looked at a list of available FAs. It may not have been an updated list...

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

7. ilias

ilias Member

We should sign CJ Watson to piss off Draymond Green.

Nelson, Stuckey, Ellis, Barbosa are all better options than Bobby Brown as 3rd-string PGs

David Lee and Brandon Bass would also be great for vet min

8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

He was the first guy that came to mind when I heard he was waived.

- Drafted #17 just a year ago in the 2016 Draft (only 21 years old)
    - 6'4" 202 with a ridiculous 7'0" wingspan
    - Bad numbers in his rookie season, but he played limited minutes and it was understood that he was a long-term development guy, at least if they wanted him to develop as a PG
    - Was drafted for his defensive upside (either G spot), solid J and athleticism, and overall versatility. Was never a breakdown-the-defense type PG, but he got to the rim/line at a great rate in College.
    - Shot poorly in his limited PT during his rookie year, but shot 44% and 41% from three and 80% and 80% from FT in his two years at Vandy.

Seems like a no-brainer, as a low-risk potentially high-reward move. And who better to learn the PG spot from than CP3, MDA and Harden?

Vivi, DonKnock, jch1911 and 1 other person like this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We need a wing who can create for himself because I find it unlikely that CP3 can play all 82 at this age in his career. Basically, someone who is similar to Lou Williams offensively but isn't completely useless on defense.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jameer Nelson

11. alethios

alethios Member

I thought Trey Burke just signed with another team. Too bad but I think he gone.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

or bring back DMO ;)

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. cebu

cebu Member

How about Scola.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#BeWell says "Don't call it a comback" ...o_O

amaru likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

amaru and Vivi like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe Bobby Brown is so bad that we rather bump up Jackson in the rotation. Bobby Brown is a fortunate man that gets paid a good sum of catch for keeping his buddy Harden company. He is living the dream.

amaru likes this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I can't believe that after months of posters bleeping about MDA not expanding his rotation, that we now have posters bleeping about what happened when the aforementioned rotation was expanded.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

.136 from the three point line
    &
    .313 from the field.
    =
    the reason he's not being signed by us (bad move blazers got him)

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He was on a non guaranteed deal and got waived by the Knicks. I think we only have 300K in money to sign guys, but there may be exceptions in the cap to sign vets at a minimum. HeyP and Bima would be better sources for how to sign him.

alethios likes this.
  20. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

how about Facundo Campazzo as another pick n roll PG and Anthony Randolph as 4/5?