1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

History Repeating Itself Once Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PersianRocket, May 21, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Good point, and also great point above about Harden actually being on a team that's done it before. I really believe the championship playoff experience of the current rockets players could come into play...

2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Those 94 and 95 Rockets had to face some major adversity. This Rockets team has faced adversity all season. Hell, the came back from down 3-1. If any team is capable of getting up off the mat, it's this team. I fully expect a great game out of the good guys on Saturday. TC will be rocking and the Rockets will bring it home. One. Game. At. A. Time.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Thinking about it, Ariza has a ring. Terry has a ring. Brewer us a ring. Hardens been in the finals. Howard's been in the finals. Smith has been in the playoffs nearly every year of his career.

Our top 6 rotational players besides Jones all know what it takes to win. Now we just need them to execute and we've seen them do it throughout the playoffs. And I feel like we will see it in game 3 and 4.

4. Thigh Tickler

Thigh Tickler Member

This.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No offense but I got 3, 4 threads with the same theme...'Rox can turn this around' and I do not know which is most important to answer to.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Harden and Jet have both come back from down 0-2 in a playoff series. Heck, Jet was on a team that lost the first 2 at home and still came back. This team is going to get it done. Sleep well guys, it's only one game and the series is far from over.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly!! iirc the only player on GSW's team to be in the wcf's before is barbosa, other than that this is most of their guys first deep run... This could definitely play into our favor.

Go Rockets!!

8. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not sure Smith should be included. Atlanta didn't exactly have what one could describe as "deep playoff runs". More like consecutive 1st round eliminations.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

My bad man, I haven't been paying attention to all the threads, maybe easier if all combined though, so definitely agree w/ you.

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Harden was here 3 years ago. Down 0-2 vs San Antonio. And harden introduced himself to the NBA sending the thunder to the finals. He will do it again. 4-2 rockets win this series.

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

We can do this. Rockets are playing better and better every quarter. I think they are figuring out how to shut down the Warriors. It will be 2-2 by Monday evening.

And Josh needs to stop being this sily 5-17 Josh. Instead be that Josh in Game 6 of Clippers series.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets still have a chance

Harden might repeat '12 (OKC-SA) Conference Finals... down 0-2 coming home, then sweep.
    Only difference this year is WC > EC... so WC wins the championship

#clutchcity

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

2-0 isn't 2 and out. Let's win these home games and take a game in the Warriors house.

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

im so proud of Harden, he is showing the world his talent

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Dwight looks 90%+ healthy. 19 pts 17 rebs. Hope he is getting to 100% healthy next few games.

16. houseofglass21

Best chance we have is this thing going to 7 games. Warriors/Refs just aren't going to give up 4 in a row.

17. Asian Sensation

They don't gotta give it to us. We're TAKING 4 in a row.

18. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Being down 2-0 is not a death sentence. Harden did it before with OKC down 2-0 against a better team in the Spurs. Dwade did it against the Mavs in the Finals. It can be done. We have the heart and the talent to pull it off.

19. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I think we can pull it off. But first, Josh needs to find his groove. So far, he's been really bad this series.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Just go out there and play for each other...Harden is laying it all on the line this series. We need more from anyone not named James Harden, Dwight Howard, or Trevor Ariza...