1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

History Repeating Itself Once Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PersianRocket, May 21, 2015.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

First there was defeating a division rival in the first round (Utah in 95, Dallas this year).

Then there was being down 3-1. Then the comeback.

Then facing the MVP in the finals with the runner-up on our team, who out-preformed the MVP (Robinson and Hakeem).

Another thing that is repeated. Both championship years, the rockets were down 2-0 at some point in the playoffs. Those were the two times the rockets ever came back and won when down 2-0.

I still believe. Clutch City is still alive. If any team has proven that they can over come adversity, it is this Houston Rockets team. I won't give up on this team, these coaches, this management, and definitely not or MVP. And neither should any of you. The series isn't over yet and the warriors are treating it like it is. I'm ready to see Clutch City show the world who they really are now.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

The Warriors didn't score more than 22 points in a quarter after the first quarter. Maybe we figured something out. There's still hope!

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Maybe it finally sunk in that you can't let Curry have a wide open look, like EVER. It's almost automatic.

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The team finally figured out that if management keeps telling us NOT to shoot mid-range jumpers, maybe we should start forcing the other team into mid-range jumpers.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Oh I haven't given up. Just really sad and heartbroken. BUT by tomorrow it will go away and will be back to full fight on mode.

6. Mr Chuck Norris

WE ARE WINNING THE NEXT 4 GAMES

1 person likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

They were supposed to win those 2 games at home. All they did was hold serve. Now it's our turn. We got this.

1 person likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

I'm with it.

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

They get away with ridiculous moving screens. Unless the league wants to nullify Curry it won't stop

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's not about what GSW were supposed to do. It's about what we needed to do and could have done.

Hurts. Hope they win the next 2.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Coming back to H-Town to hold serve. The Rockets will even up the series and make into a best of 3. I like what the team has done so far, it is still the small mistakes that need to be taken care of.

12. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Believe in Clutch City!!

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

History....errr yeah..... errrr

I really love the optimism but y'all need to stop with new threads just for therapy's sake....

Stop being over-emotional and enjoy those WC games....

We are going to improve.... A playoff series is not the end of the world

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

They better.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, Clutch City is still alive, and I believe we can do this!!! Go Rockets!

16. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Harden's been down 0-2 in the WCF before too.. against SAS. Then the Thunder ripped 4 straight with James Harden leading the way. SAS was elite just like GSW. We have to believe. #pursuit

1 person likes this.
  17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I did this less to make myself feel better and more to help those who feel like it is the end of the world. Showing people that it's been done before by the same team helps us realize that this isn't over and we are still the team that holds the third best record in the league with our second best player gone half the season and two starters hurt.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, but... I'd rather have the optimistic threads than the bull**** threads that don't even have intelligent criticism. I have np talking critical about our team, but when a poster doesn't know how to construct a decent post it's definitely easier to rally around the happy times haha.

19. Asian Sensation

"Could have". Time to forget what happened and take care of business at home. There's still plenty of time. 3-1 is a much deeper hole than 0-2. Series starts game 3. Get it back to GSW tied up and it's a world of pressure on them. Keep fighting!

20. newAge_Rockets

Let's do it fellas. I believe!