1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seeding Breakdown (BestCase for Houston)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Apr 10, 2015.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

My prediction for the final games

Spurs: NOP (W): Record 56-26 [2nd seed]
    Clippers: Den (W) @ Suns (W): Record 56-26 [3rd seed]
    Rockets: @Hornets (W) Jazz (W): Record 56-26 [5th seed]
    Griz: @GSW (L) *IND (L): Record 54-28 [6th seed]

*Indy is hot right now and is desperately fighting for a playoff spot. With George back, I think they take down Memphis.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well I am taking my 6 year old nephew to his first NBA game tonight at Staples so I'll root as hard as I can for the Nuggets

3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I have done a lot of thinking today and I have come to the conclusion that i would rather we get the 5th seed then the 2nd even though it means we won't get HC for the 2nd round, heres why:

2nd Seed Matchups: Dal,LAC,GS or SaS ( this to me is 50/50)

Dallas: 10/10
    Most Favorable matchup in the 1st round IMO...dont have the size to dominate us in rebounding, don't have and elite second playmaker which means we can play ariza on ellis, and rondos shooting woes help out our pgs on Defense

LAC: 1/10
    Our worst matchup in the playoffs IMO...will dominate us on the boards...have the PF to abuse Tjones, Have an Elite PG who we are vulnerable against, have Djordan who gives Dwight trouble....not too mention redick (always gives us trouble) and crawford

GS: 3/10
    We obviously have trouble playing the warriors 0-4 this season. Very hard to contain their guards but i do think we have an advantage inside, and can actually dominate the boards if dwight is in there. Just not a good matchup but i think it can be done if Harden goes crazy seeing mvl handed to curry.

Total: 14/30

5th Seed Matchups: Por, GS, SA or LAC ( I Give the spurs advantage here)

Por: 8/10
    Our second most favorable matchup in the playoffs but still a very tough one because their strength coincides with our weakness. Lilliard and Aldridge again will be headaches, but i think without mathews we can win. Dwight has to be healthy but he can dominate lopez like last year and have harden much improved with the loss of mathews

GS:3/10
    See above

SA:5/10

I like our chances vs SA....Whenever Dwight was in there it seemed we had the advantage even though we lost back to back. I also think beverly would be huge in this series if he was to come back. its a tough matchup but i think we can beat the spurs

Total 16/30

4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Umm. The second seed is guaranteed to play Dallas in the first round and get home court in the second round. I'm not sure what you were smoking when you made that post. The is no advantage to getting the 5th seed over the 2nd seed.

Also there is no way that the 2nd or 5th seed play GS in the first round. The 5th seed would play GS in the second round if they win the first round. Again, no advantage to being the 5th seed.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Anything that gets us HCA and away from the Clippers is good by me.

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I dont understand the second part of your post, but instead of being ignorant and actually read what i said you'd know my reasons but ill state it more clearly

IMO i would rather have an easier road to the finals than just home court in the 2nd round against the Clippers who are the only team i don't think we have a shot against in the west, especially considering we have the best road record in the west

I would rather play Por, then GS then SA.....Not Dal, LAC, GS its just my preference and what i think is much better for my team

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I feel what your saying with homecourt in 2nd round whoever you play but I can also see why 5th seed may be wanted more too. Rockets having homecourt is less meaningful because we don't seem to be a bad road team or a great home team. I can even understand the people that say I'd rather play GS in round 2 then Spurs. What has GS proven to be in the playoffs? Just as much as the rockets have proven pretty much.

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I think our WC seed dilemma is easy. Let's trade our position with an Eastern conference seed even if they have a lower seeding. Then we are a cinch for the finals. Ta da!

9. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Watching these games tonight is great. Wednesday night is going to be a great night of NBA games.

New Orleans at home vs San Antonio. I think New Orleans has a shot, they will be fighting for a playoff spot, as OKC will be playing the crappy Twolves. They obviously wont be favored, but they have a shot. Cmon NOLA!!

Memphis is going to lose tonight to GSW. Love to see the Nuggets beat the Clips, theyre actually hanging with them right now in the 2nd quarter. Lets go NUGS!

This **** is awesome, cant wait to see how things shake out. Hopefully Rockets get #2 seed.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Jazzholes would be excited to stall us as well. Gotta kill them on Wed.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jazz are beating the Mavs but no Dirk, Ellis, or Parsons.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Looks like the Griz will lose tonight, and as of now, the Rox is about 80-90% lock in at 5th, and about 5% or so fall to 6th and 5% move up to 2nd.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good win.

14. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

If clippers lose tonight, Memphis loses, SPURS/ROCKETS win out. what happens? If we can't get 2nd, I think it would be advisable to get 5th.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

If Clip loses tonight. Will Pop rest his starters on Wed to 3rd and play banged up Mem instead of the Mavs, which took them to 7 games last year.

16. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Dont think he would do that. Giving up homecourt unless they play GSW would be foolish to play a MEM team. Don't think they're scared to play Dallas with the way they are playing lately.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We are the team everybody wants to play, Grizzlies are not even putting up a fight...

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

With the Grizz and Blazers a MASH unit I'd rather play them than us.

19. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

we want the 3rd seed desperately to avoid GS in 2nd round. Can't look ahead, but you can the way GS is playing right now. Prefer a couple of other teams getting a chance to take them down before we see them

20. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

What pisses me off if we get the portland matchup is the countless replays of the **** that will be happening over the course of the series. Ugh.