1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/10/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2015.

1. everyday eddie

Charles is officially a r****d.

Hey Charles, guess what Daryl has been gunning for, Melo, Bosh etc. He knows talent, superstar or stars win.

BamBam likes this.
  2. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

Its gotten real personal

3. nsng20

nsng20 Member

Anyone notice Keith Jones not on the bench. Did he get fired after Dwight knees? Hopefully because he has been a terrible team doctor with all the injuries to our stars in the past

4. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Yeah, the Suns got away with a lot of very physical play while the Rockets were getting ticky-tack fouls called against them after they exploded for 41 pts in he 1st qtr. Tucker played so dirty he reminded me of the old jazzholes with the way he was trying to hurt Harden tonight.

Tucker needs a good elbow in the face

5. moose

moose Member

He was on the bench today...

6. moose

moose Member

Sad thing is, TNT condones the crap he says. If I were Ernie or JET, I'd be embarrassed of this straight Chuck has.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Charles is dumb.

The Spurs DO use analytics. So there. It works.

Obviously it doesn't make Harden better but it's about making everyone play as best as they can. Obviously analytics wouldn't help you stop Jordan or help Jordan play better. He's Jordan.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he did, he tried to explain it to chuck in real simple words (which you need for real simple people)

And hell, Shaq was just laughing at the irony of him proving Daryl right

9. bongman

bongman Member

Morey is such a genius!! He knew Charles would take the bait for everybody to see. That was amazing.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess Chuck doesn't know the last 3 NBA champions rely heavy on analytics? First thing Miami did with LeBron was show him where he was most efficient at and focused on getting him there.

11. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

So a team doctor is responsible for players getting injuries?

12. alethios

alethios Member

Hey Chuck,
    [​IMG]

13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

It seems like every time the Rockets are on TNT, Chuck can't help but put down the Rockets in some way... he's just so bitter that he can't be unbiased in the least bit, which makes him sound like a total ass. I thought tonight might be different after he praised Rudy T and the Houston fans during the pregame show, but apparently not.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, if Charles was hoping to get a GM job he probably lost a few opportunities.

He just showed that as a GM he wouldn't even be open to the idea.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yummy

Way to go D Morey

Screw off u fat Barkley hating POS

16. Handles

Handles Member

Just got home from the game. Great win and James harden really is a beastly specimen. For those who didn't see my earlier post, a friend of mine who works for the Suns was nice enough to get me some great tickets and post game passes to meet the players. So here's my cool story bro....

I just want to preface this by saying that I'm not at all the type who gets star struck. So if I seem nonchalant in any of the below its because I'm just a laid back dude.

After the game I went to the "vip" zone to wait for the players to finish showering. Before I knew it, Terrance jones was walking up the steps towards me. Except, it wasn't towards me. Jones was walking to a woman with a rockin body (lets just say, James harden would approve :grin:) who was standing in the aisle directly adjacent to my seat. How did I not notice her either? Anyways, jones greets her and she immediately turns away and acts a little disinterested. Women right? Jones doesn't fret, he goes for his phone to start texting/tweeting/whatever. I tell him, "I know it's not always your choice but I hope you stay with the rockets. Big fan of your game." He smiled awkwardly, muttered something (probably thanks) and went back to his phone. It was at this point that other people started to notice him, so he walked up the stairs about 12 rows to have a deep conversation with his phx girl. Idk what they were discussing, but jones had his head down for a while and she was rubbing his neck.

Dwight was the next player I saw, but he never left the tunnel area. So there were tons of fans who flocked to the tunnel fence to corral Dwight. I gotta say, all the stuff you hear about dwight being great with fans, definitely true. He was the most enthusiastic about meeting everyone for sure. I didn't flock with the crowd but I yelled "best wishes Dwight!" when he was walking back and I think he did a double take (or maybe I'm imagining).

Canaan pimp walks out of the tunnel. Some fan tells Canaan to meet his friends - which turn out to be two women. I didn't bother with this one, I just let him do his thing.

Then James strides out. He makes a beeline for his phx crew (who my buddy and I stategically placed ourselves next to) and has a conversation with them. James' clean cut bodyguard was keeping the swarming crowd at bay, not shouting, but projecting his voice: "everyone keep back!" Seriously, the crowd appeared quicker than moth to flame - more like needle to magnet. I can understand why the Beard would want a bodyguard with him.

You gotta know, Harden is my favorite player in the nba. I love his game and I try to model some aspects of it in my own game as well (still working on that step back haha). So this whole time I'm trying to think of something cool to say to him. One of those memories of a stranger that sticks with you, you know? That's what I wanted to give him. I remained in my seat near the mob and while James walked by me I told him.....great game. And I clapped him on the shoulder when he passed. Honestly, that's all I could think to say and do. After that kind of performance. Not even a "you show them who's mvp", nothing inspirational. I don't even think he heard me because he was turning his back while I said it. Seemed like he was in a hurry to be somewhere.

I don't blame him though. If Canaan and especially jones are scoring those kind of girls then God only knows what's waiting out there for James. Phoenix truly is a beautiful place. But on topic, James is still my favorite player and the clear mvp in my (admittedly biased) eyes. He killed it in tonight's game and is proving the haters wrong, day by day.

Overall I had a great time at the game. It's always fun to catch a great game live. It's strange because I never seem to know any stats when I watch a game in person. Should be fun delving into that now! Ps. All the money I saved on tickets went to booze :) thank you to DD's everywhere!

TL;DR read the story bro, it's cool.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EFr683dEAaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Gabrielle Union body slams fat ass Barkley lol

19. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Yall get bent into shape over Barkely, he is there for strictly entertainment! which he is very good at , best in NBA media to be honest. His basketball knowledge is lacking , because he is stuck in his old ways and it is painfully obvious he doesnt actually watch basketball... like really obvious.
    I wish somone would sit down and simply explain analytics to chuck tho, its not some evil plan of nerds trying to get revenge lmao. Its really just more stats, which gives more info about a player.

I hope he gets a gm job tho. Just so he could eat that humble pie after being fired by december lol

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I said this after his first two games with the Rockets where he showed the potential he has. He is becoming Michael Jordan like....