1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Nexus Devices

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 16, 2014.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I think TMobile gets the Nexus 6 on the 12th. Pretty sure I'll be upgrading to it once it shows up.

The Nexus 6 also has Band 12 support which will be fantastic once TMobile rolls it out. I'll finally have good cell coverage in buildings once that happens.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Yeah I ordered the white one until I can get some real eyes on the blue one. If i like the blue one, i'll cancel my white and order through t-mobile.

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Just got my white Nexus 9. Matches my white Nexus 5... too bad my Nexus 7 is black. I won't be getting a Nexus 6 though; too large for a phone. My wife has a Nexus 4... and I still have my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus One.

Now that I think about it, that's a lot of Nexus devices...

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Was really leaning against getting the Nexus 6, mainly because of its size, but went ahead and preordered it anyway through AT&T.

Going to try it out for a few days once I receive it to see if it's worth keeping. Otherwise, I'll probably just end up keeping my Nexus 5 for now.

One thing that has already somewhat made me regret my decision is Ars Technica's Review. Hope the performance issues they're describing are either their unit or something that can be fixed via software updates.

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

thinking about returning the nexus 6. of course i knew it was big, but damn... it's too much of a chore trying to use one-handed. it's also quite heavy. holding it for extended periods of time is tiresome.

will give it another couple of days.

itsmyfault... i disabled encryption on it and it flies. with it enabled, animations were more fluid and enjoyable. performance argument could go either way.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What 5 inchers are on the market?

Besides the Nexus 5.

Are they dying out?

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

pure edition moto x 2014. may go back to mine. pretty much stock experience and had lollipop before any nexus did.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I was going to go with this, but a deal breaker for me is wireless charging. I spent some money for my wireless charger in my car and at home so I like having that convenience.