1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC/Tablet Game] Hearthstone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 13, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IDK The spider starts out with 45 Health and my Hero don't get the Coin to start the game. (and as you mentioned two spiders with death rattles from the beginning and 0 mana spidey web function)

2. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

Another key scenario is that you'd reach 10 hp with a molten giant in hand (0 casting cost at this point)
    Turn 7
    drop molten giant 0
    drop sunfury 2
    drop earthen 3
    another 2 drop like owl perhaps?

best case your molten giant and owl stays on board.

repeat, rinse ... win :)

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did you even get to Turn 8 without much defensive mechanism and Taunters if you were playing Warlock?

PS: I get how to attack the boss but It still has an army (unless you have several AOEs but I guess the Warlock has only 1 or 2 (2 cards allowed) )

If you rely on Sunfury and Earthen Ring Farseer, they get destroyed fairly easily by enemy's minions if they stick and became taunters (Sunfury or Argus)

Much respect, well done. thanks

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Happy times. I happened to sell two of my Molten giants and got them back within new packs.

Maexxna is throwing 3/5 Taunters, 1/4 Bats, 1/2 arachnids, 0/2 Eggs with 4/4 Spiders. (Webspinners and 5/5 Ambushers and Shade of Naxxramus)

From Turn 4-8 it drops 4/6 Ghost Night withstanding Magic and other cards

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm hooked- I've never played a game so challenging. Ended my first season on ladder at 11, last season at 8. I'm hoping to crack the top three or even make Legendary this season.

Naxx really changed the meta and made it a good time for new players to enter the game.

Xerobull #1445

6. B

B Contributing Member

Yeah, I took a long time off after the beta wipe, so my collection of cards was small. Thankfully, many of the Naxx reward cards allowed me to beat the later bosses, and I can compete against most players in casual and ranked mode now.

Xerobull, thanks for wasting my late hours with Marvel Puzzle Quest and Hearthstone. One of these days I'll make a thread about an addictive game you don't know about so I can return the favor.

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am through with all Heroic Bosses now with the help of some strategy pages and a portion of RNG and patience.

9. Xerobull

I haven't seen this one. I usually hit hearthpwn or icy-veins.

I found this cool blog by this genius who works for Google named Elie Bursztein. He uses math to break down Hearthstone. Very interesting.

Here he is at Defcon (Hacker convention) talking about hacking Hearthstone with machine learning:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ao3P5QCrF_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Xerobull

Hit 6 on the Ladder last night. I've been rocking Spark's Beastly Zoo deck and it's taken me from 11 to 6 in under a week. Very, very good, balanced deck with answers for every meta I've run into.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/100428-spark-beasty-zoo

Xerobull#1445

11. Xerobull

Interesting article about Ladder rankings.

Hearthside Chat - You're Better Than You Think!

Have you ever wondered where you stand in the Ranked Play ladder amongst your peers? Just because you haven’t hit Legend rank doesn’t mean you are doing poorly in Hearthstone: On the contrary, only a very small percentage of Hearthstone players have reached Legend rank. Read on to find out just where you may stand on the Ranked Play ladder!

Hearthstone’s Ranked Play mode is a great way to test your deck-building skills against real opponents. If you achieve Rank 20 or higher in any given season, you also get an awesome new card back to add to your collection. For those players that want to go the extra mile, a Legend card back awaits those that reach the elusive Legend rank.

Recently, we’ve seen some comments from our players that feel they are not performing well in Ranked Play compared to others, or disappointed by the fact that they haven’t hit Legend rank. We’re here to let you know that you’re actually doing better than you think! In fact, most of Hearthstone’s Ranked Play players lie between Ranks 25 and 15. Many players aspire to acquire the unique Hearthstone card back each season that awaits at Rank 20. Even going from Rank 20 to Rank 15 is an impressive feat.

[​IMG]

The top 25% of Hearthstone players sit somewhere between Rank 15 and Legend. Climbing the ladder takes a certain amount of skill and dedication, and these players are constantly honing their skills and learning how to combat all of the different types of decks and strategies that are out there. There’s a lot of growth, learning, trial and error that happens between Rank 15 and Rank 1.

Rank 10 through Legend holds the top 7.5% of Hearthstone players. The competition heats up the closer players get to Rank 5, and win streaks become less and less common. Players here are fine tuning their decks and predicting their opponent’s plays, ready to answer with their own onslaught of spells and minions!

Ranks 5 through Legend are home to the top 2% of Hearthstone players. Here’s where things get really interesting! Win streaks stop at Rank 5, so each win becomes more and more important. In order to hit Legend, you’ll have to press on and win more games than you lose.

Legend rank is home to less than the top .5% of Hearthstone players. Out of the millions of players playing Hearthstone, these Legends make up an incredibly small part of the Hearthstone player base.

Whether you’re a Legend or an Angry Chicken or anywhere in between, Hearthstone players are passionate about the game, creative in deck-building, and best of all – a part of the ever-growing Hearthstone community! If you ever feel that your Rank in Ranked Play is the end all, be all of Hearthstone, don’t worry – you’re doing better than you think!

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I find arena more exciting than constructed because of less repetition. Typically, when I play on ladder/casually, I go with some bizarre deck instead (favorite being Murloc Priest) of the typical net-decks everyone uses (Hunter until nerfs Tuesday, for example). I guess I'm not playing for the grind to Legend, but instead for the fun of the game.

Still got a ton of cards to collect, though. Averaging 4-5 wins per run in arena doesn't allow you to go infinitely, so I sometimes have a day or two before the quests give me enough gold to go again. :(

13. Xerobull

I think you have to be an expert with every class to do well in Arena. I just don't feel ready yet.

Anyone hurt by the nerf? I plugged in Cult Master in the place of Starving Buzzard and my card draw is even better. Some games it's TOO much.

14. B

B Contributing Member

Arena is my favorite way to play the game. I took such a long break from early beta testing to now, therefore my card pool is limited. Without any strong legendaries (other than what I got from clearing Naxx), I have a difficult time climbing up in ranked mode.

In arena I'm on a very level playing field. Of course there is still some luck into what bombs you pull or don't pull. It's about making the most with the options you get and trying to make the best deck you can.

Your comment about wanting to be an expert in all the classes is a good one, but in arena, you don't really know what you are up against. In ranked mode, you see a hunter or a mage, you are pretty sure about what is in their deck. After you have drawn two polymorphs from a mage, you know you won't see another one. In arena, a mage could have 0-3 polymorphs, so you never really know for sure. Arena is a great tool for learning all the classes, and all the cards, since you'll end up playing with or against cards you'll rarely see in ranked mode.

Also, I think 6 wins gets you back the entry fee, and also long as you get 50 gold, you essentially got a pack of cards for regular price. As someone who is currently trying not to put money into the game, arena mode is has been the most entertaining way to play with cards I don't have, and slowly get new packs.

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Don't laugh - but is Hearthstone available on the Surface yet? I checked a while back because of this thread, but I didn't see it at the time. If not, are there any plans to port it to the Surface?

16. Xerobull

Yes!!!

17. Xerobull

Expansion dropped today!

18. 713

713 Member

I took a year off playing (pre nax) and decided to start playing again yesterday. Should I still save up gold for Naxx Wings? Don't know if the cards are worth

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

New Goblin and Gnome cards are little crazy, random and fun

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

TGT out today. Will be opening my 50 packs when I get off.