1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2012 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, Sep 4, 2012.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

played in two league -- lost in my keeper league but i had picked up rg3 in the 7th round and alfred morris in the 15th round so i am set up good for next season

in another league I joined more out of a favor to a co-workers bf I ended up actually winning. I didnt realize the crazy scoring system they had and didnt draft that well and made a gamble trade that hurt me in the end (freakin percy harvin getting hurt a week after I traded for him)

but in the end luck prevailed -- lost my last two reg season games and made it into the playoffs still and won out in the playoffs

top prize was 600 bucks -- so i made a 500 dollar profit -- and the best part -- the rest of the league has no idea who i am except for the 1 guy who invited me so they're are a bit pissed the newbie came in and won the big prize.

:)

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Went into the playoffs riding a 4 game losing streak and won the whole damn thing! It was great. I was feeling a little nervous my opponent had Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning but thankfully Drew Brees had an amazing game and Lynch went into
    beast mode.

3. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Well thank you romo and dez, lowest seed entering playoffs chance to win a cool grand next week hopefully.

PS Frack you MJD, traded Lynch for Spiller :( then Spiller for MJD (week before injury) :(

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Emanuel Sanders or Harry Douglas? Likely that Jones and White don't play or are very limited. Mike Wallace is out.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sanders.

6. leroy

That's where I'm leaning. Need the win to have a chance at 2nd place (no playoffs idp/ppr league) which will net me $200.

The other (free) league I was in is exactly why I hate playoff leagues. I dominated the regular season and lost in the championship game to a tea, that was 5-8 going into the playoffs.

7. leroy

Oops...double post

8. leroy

Turns out Douglas was better but it was that last 1 yd td by Alfred Morris that won me 2nd place ($150) and top points for the week ($50) with his 200th yard (6 pts for the td and 5 pt bonus for 200 yds).

And it knocked td cowboys out of the playoffs. As crappily as the football day started, it ended very well.

9. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Yea Morris won me 1st considering the other guy had Adrian Peterson

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Managed to win the superbowl in one league and lost in the playoffs in the other 2.

My championship team only had 3 of the same players from the start of the year that were on my final roster set.

I had MJD, McGahee, Ryan Mathews, Titus Young and Malcolm Floyd all go on IR.

Green-Ellis sat the final game and I started DeAngelo in is place.

picking up Knowshon Moreno saved me a couple of weeks too.

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

DonkeyMagic,

sounds like my team.. barely used any drafted players. but i managed to win it all.

this was a good thread this season, thanks to all who repped and contributed to the thread.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

PPR League.

Who should I start at my 2 WR positions?

Mike Wallace
    Antonio Brown
    Kenbrell Thompkins
    TY Hilton
    Emmanuel Sanders

Remember pick 2.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Actually, we should probably spin-off a 2013 thread since this was for the "official 2012 NFL season"

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Return yards count?

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No only TD scores on ST count for points.