1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring Back the Chuck Wagon!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darmor90, Jul 23, 2012.

1. darmor90

darmor90 Member

IF...

We don't trade our youth for Dwight, we should try get Chuck back to bring in some veteran leadership. I know we really don't need another PF, but he wouldn't get much minutes anyways. He will just be in here to have that veteran voice and to come in with energy to play spot minutes when our PF's aren't cutting it at any night; this is the perfect role for Chuck. He was a leader when he was here before, but now we need him more than ever.

Also...

It probably won't be hard to get him anyways, Sacramento just drafted Robinson with Cousins already deserving his minutes. We could probably just give Shaun Livingston and Jon Brockman so they can just cut them.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

3. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Bring back sane Clutchfans.

1 person likes this.
  4. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

That ship has sailed... He's a wonderful human being, but as a basketball player, I can't see how he can fit at all on this team, especially at the price he's getting paid.

5. darmor90

darmor90 Member

He was the ultimate team player too; did all that he could every night. All I'm saying is if we roll with the team we have now, a strong veteran voice like his wouldn't hurt.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I doubt Sacramento is through with Chuck, in that they'd relegate him to the far end of the bench. Sacramento doesn't have many actual "bigs". Cousins and Thompson, that's about it. Drafting Robinson may cut into Chuck's minutes but it's not going to bump him out of the rotation. Why do you believe they'd trade him for 2 players they'd cut? Even if they did want to get rid of him, it doesn't make much sense to do it that way. They'd essentially giving him away for free. We kind of did that with Lee (we got a 2nd rounder though), but he was an unrestricted FA that we had no real control over. Chuck has 3 more years left on his deal. That by itself is also a reason Morey would never do it. If we had Chuck but didn't actually want to play him ahead of the young guys, just to take a leadership role, it doesn't make sense that Morey would want a guy like that on the books for 3 more years.

7. darmor90

darmor90 Member

Sacramento may or may not want him, I just doubt that they give him a lot of minutes especially since he was getting so little to begin with. So if they won't play him, then why not free his contract. Another thing that would be nice about adding Chuck is that we need contracts to trade when we actually do get a star. It's tough to match a max salary player for a bunch of rookie level contracts.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

So you want Chuck back just so we can trade him again lol?

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love his time here, but it has expired just like Battier. Chuck Wagon deserves to go after a ring, then babysit our team.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Only if we trade all our PFs for Dwight.

Would prefer him over Big Baby or Jajuana man.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He was getting 20 minutes, fairly standard for a backup.

#11 Cannonball, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  12. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

13. thejav

thejav Member

Clutchfans.. where moving backward is forward..

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

It kills me to see the Chuck Wagin being wasted with the Kings. Obviously he has no use to us at this point. But we know Aldeman appreciates what he can do. So the best thing for him would be the T-Wolves. He could backup both Love and Pekovic and will instantly improve that team.

Wes Johnson for the Chuck Wagon.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is Dikembe available?

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

trade for splitter

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Right...a player who can't get off of the bench on one of the worst teams in the WC. And who had the worst +/- on the SAC team. Not just "no"...but HELL NO.

Let's just let that $Ball roll off into the sunset.

18. Mariachi ROCKET

Heck no, never back track. I bet your still not over your high school sweet heart either. Move on!

19. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Chuck would have a place on this team - I think he would be INVALUABLE as a mentor for the young Bigs.

It ain't happenin' - but i'd be all for it - He is the consummate Pro !!!

20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

These kind of threads are enough to give a person a bad case of the runs!!!