1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good will Jeremy Lin be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sigmund, Jul 15, 2012.

?

How good will be Jeremy Lin?

1. Future Hall of Famer

6.9%
  2. Star/All star caliber player

25.9%
  3. Solid starter

54.2%
  4. Backup point guard

9.8%
  5. Scrub

3.1%
  1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

17 Pts 8 assis 4 boa

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he'd probably be, at best, a top 11-15 PG.

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

This.

And this.

As a ROCKETS fan I am forever hoping for the best but honestly I am not expecting much of Lin beyond being a solid rotation player in the long run.

Given the teams current (relative) lack of talent and experience I think it's safe to assume Lin will be given a certain degree of latitude similar to that he had during his streak in NY.
    As such, he could potentially put up some deceptive numbers early on but as the team improves I expect he will eventually settle into the role of a solid rotational player.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Who are your 20 pgs that you would take over Lin?

5. dexkk

dexkk Member

At least his contract is only for 3 years and he's young. He'll fit in with the rest of the rockets once they trade K-mart. I'm more surprised that the Rockets were able to completely revamp their roster and go young in 1 year. It's time to sink or swim, no more floating around like the last two years.

6. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

25% chance of being scrub/average, 25% chance of being a hall of famer or superstar, 50% chance of an all star :p

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/jeremy-lin-is-no-fluke/

see article for chart...

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487

7. koopa

koopa Member

Nice to point out his weaknesses for everyone to see right when the rockets are signing him to a big contract.

8. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Nash,Rose,Paul,dwill,john wall,Lawson,Westbrook,Parker,Rubio,Teague, curry,brandon Jennings,Rondo,Conley,Lowry,dragic,Holliday,kyrie Irving,Brandon knight,Damian there ya go 20 I'd rather have

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

He ll be Lintastic

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who wants to bet that he didn't write that and found it on some other forum??? I'll bet all the cash in my pocket. Lol

11. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Yes, I did write that myself. But obviously I am not the only know who thinks Lin is nothing special along with NBA Hall of fame coach Larry Brown.

Larry Brown:"I think the kid was the great. The system helped him be really great," Brown said of Lin. "It's a wonderful story. But I look at him as a backup in the NBA. I may be wrong, I really want him to be successful but I think if you overpay him for the interest that he created that's not the best thing."

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3nGJw-TnZPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

yea being scared of Mario Chalmers. OK! he had one bad game, that would make him not want to play again. and guess what? you're being SPECULATIVE!
    and i don't even understand your second point, the point is you're just being speculative about the entire situation.
    speculation = not proven or made up stories in your head.

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

yes maybe yes yes maybe no yes maybe no no no no no yes no no.

14. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

scratch that my computer did some weird stuff where i didn't see some of the names that were there. but is Lin a top 20 pg? not really sure, i guess we'll see during the season. i have nothing wrong with taking a risk though.

15. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

THIS.
    My thoughts exactly.

16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

yea i can agree with you for the most part. my only problem is that Sigmund's thread is somewhat wrong and premature. i, in no way, think Lin will be the next Nash, his ceiling is averaging 20 and 7 assists, but who knows if he'll reach that ceiling. it's about taking a risk, and I think the risk is worth taking on a guy that can bring a lot of attention this franchise.
    At the end of the day, he is a Rocket. i hate it when a fan base completely hates a player, their own player, for really no reason.

17. Burko

Burko Member

He's a back-up for whoever we get in free agency.

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Lin vs wall before the linsanity. Oh yeah, he has potential

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PvkXmMcGfLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

6'3" 200 lbs, 23 year old 20 PER rookie PG? He's a top ten PG already. Anyone who says John Wall is better than Lin is just categorically wrong.

20. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

You forgot several other importantant "stats". 25 Knicks starts averaging 26.9 mpg. There's a whole lot of upside being assumed here for someone with already 4years of Ivy League ball.

And that's not even taking into account the Knicks during the time were 14-9 but with only 6 of the 14 wins being against playoff teams.

It'll be interesting if it happens because it's a 100% $Ball decision.