1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sports Management Sim] Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by VicVictory, Jan 31, 2007.

1. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

I know folks on here play the baseball OOTP Sim, but what about basketball sims? Here is, IMO, the best basketball management sim out there. Formally known as "Total Pro Basketball 2005", this is easily the deepest, most advance basketball sim on the market. If you never played last year's version, make sure you don't miss this one if you are into sports management games. Seriously, don't sleep on this game. The franchise/career mode is so much better than the big name basketball games, Live and 2K.

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I'm going to assume that the simulation uses created players and are not licensed with the NBA, correct?

I've been burned on sports simulations in the past such as Baseball mogul so i'm always skeptical about these. Have you played it? Thoughts, opinions, etc..

Are there any great NFL simulation games similar to this one. Ultimately i'd prefer to attempt a football one.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is there a demo?

4. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

That game does use real NBA players, check out the forums there for more info on the game, seems to hav a few negatives but the programmers apparently are good at fixing things the community wants fixed.

5. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Amazingly, they do use Real player's names. And on my opinion of the game, I've played just about every basketball sim from Jumpshot Basketball, Fast Break, Season Ticket, Live/2K and last year's version, Total Pro Basketball 2005. This series is the best basketball sim I've have played.

The options I'm loving the most are the new Summer League and D-League features. Just like the NBA, you can send your young players down so they can develop their game. You can actually start off as a D-League coach and work your way up the ladder.

Besides the features, the actual meat of the game is superb. You won't find a better AI Trading engine. So you won't be able to rip off the opposing teams with lopsided traded like you do in Live or 2K. Basically, you control everything. If you don't like JVG slow-down offense, you can make him run a more uptempo one. And if Rafer is just shooting too much, you can tell him to shoot less or drive more. There's also going to be plenty of mods for game like custom jerseys, pictures, rosters, ect. What I like the most is their customer service. They're always around the forums to answer any questions on the game. Even right after the release, they answered questions and comments right away.

If you are into basketball management games, than this is a must buy.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

So, do they make it for Mac OS X?