1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy GM's needed...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Cat, Dec 13, 2000.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My league has some openings because of too many lazy people that don't participate enough. The system and the format is one of the best on the Net, and its completely free. Scoring format is original too- I promise you'll like it. I am co-commish, and the Rockets GM. Look around the site to check everything out.

The teams we are looking at getting new GM's for are the following (you can check out who they have at the link below): Boston, Utah, Minnesota, Denver, Phoenix, and Sacramento. Most of these teams' records are not that good I admit, but it is easy to turn it around in this league, and all you need to do is make the playoffs. With no homecourt in fantasy ball, the 8 seed has the same chance as the 1. Plus, you gain a lot of experience on how to manage your squad for future years if you want to continue in the league, which most do. I'm not guaranteeing that all of those teams will be replaced, or that we will even accept one new GM for that matter. We'll sort through everything for a week. But right now, I plan on those being the openings, so you can join on a first come first serve basis. Reply in this thread with the top 3 teams you'd like to get out of the ones available (assuming they are available) and leave me your email. Teams go on a first come first serve basis, and if only three or four teams were available, and none were in your top 3, then I'll email you by a first come first serve basis and you can pick who is available.

Here's the teams: http://hoopsnjams.hypermart.net/hoops/cgi-bin/standing.pl?/data1/hyper mart.net/hoopsnjams/hoops/league1/

Basically, just reply if you are interested in joining the league, and leave me your top 3 team choices and your email address. I'll get back to you in a few days on if you are in the league, and then we'll talk passwords, etc. Have fun!

P.S.-- Relatively active GM's only in this league- I'm tired of deadbeats. (in case you couldn't already tell [​IMG])

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited December 13, 2000).]

2. The Cat

Not all at once guys! [​IMG]

------------------

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

OK

Sorry man, the league I'm in is pretty tough. I don't have time for 2 leagues.

------------------
    Five to one baby, one in five...no one here gets, out alive.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Is the heat getting to ya there, Pimp? You sound like you are sweating a little. [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Hey, pimps usually have a lot on their minds as it is. [​IMG]

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll take Denver off your hands... cweir@asam.org

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

7. The Cat

PSJ,

Check your email. You're in. I'll get you your password in a little bit.

------------------
    Since Bush says thatwe must put politics behind us and work together to make the promise of America available for every one of our citizens, wouldn't part of that promise of America be having your vote counted???

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Cat, I'll take a stab at it.

Phoenix
    Sacramento
    Minnesota

my email is in my profile.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

9. The Cat

Crisco,

Check your email.

------------------
    Since Bush says thatwe must put politics behind us and work together to make the promise of America available for every one of our citizens, wouldn't part of that promise of America be having your vote counted???

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Can I get Boston?

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

11. The Cat

Boston is still in the league I found out.

Dean and others,

We have a couple of teams available, but due to problems setting up passwords, Crisco and PSJ got the only ones I can do today, which are Denver and Charlotte. The only other team I know for a fact is available is Sacramento. They are better than their record shows, cause since they aren't active they've have Sabonis, one of their better players, on the bench. Sacramento is the only one I think can guarantee being open, but the problem is that my password file isn't working, so I can't do it today. Dean or whoever wants it, Sacramento is available on first come first serve I believe, but just realize I'm not sure when I can talk to the other Commish (he's on vacation now and only comes on sporadically b/c of that) about how to fix passwords, so I can't do it right now. Phoenix might be available, but the situation is much the same however. You'll have to wait a few days most likely.

------------------

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

12. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I'm always interested in fantasy sports so I'll take any team available.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

i agree with dean ill join cat any team is fine..i assume this a sim fantasy league? but i dont care i just love to play fantasy sports

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic

14. Steve

Steve Member

Im SAN AnTONIO the guy with the 3rd best record in the best Division and who will take the league later on in the year!
    all you newbies talk to me about giving me your star playas i gots Tom GOogs and Anthony carter and Isiah Rider up for trade talk to me at my IM or put it on my tables

------------------
    "Its True Its True"

[This message has been edited by Steve (edited December 15, 2000).]