1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those of you at Sandbox, I need help!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by countingcrow, Dec 11, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Here is my current team:

C-Erick Dampier...............29.6
    PF-Antonio McDyess............46.7
    PF-Theo Ratliff...............38.5
    SF-Shareef Abdur-Rahim........50.9
    SF-Predrag Stojakovic.........39.3
    SF-Clarence Weatherspoon......36.3
    SF-Austin Croshere............30.5
    SG-Reggie Miller..............42.9
    SG-Michael Dickerson..........31.5
    PG-Jason Kidd.................55.9
    PG-Travis Best................42.2
    PG-Chauncey Billups...........36.0

I have a trade on the table right now where I am offering Reggie Miller and Jason Kidd for Steve Francis and Karl Malone. The other owner hasn't declined or accepted the proposed trade as of yet, but if you were him would you do it? I hope he does though. Francis is at 46.7 while Malone is at 53.2

Another trade proposal I received goes like this:

He gets:
    Antonio McDyess
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    Predrag Stojakovic
    Michael Dickerson

I get:
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Chris Webber
    Juwan Howard
    Sam Cassell

Should I do it or not???

------------------

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

If I were offered Miller and Kidd for Francis and Malone, I would respectfully decline. Reason being, Malone fills the stat sheet, as does Francis. Miller is merely going to get you points and not much else. I know, I have him on my team.

On the second trade proposal...the answer again is NO. I would not trade 4 guys putting up huge numbers for Webber, Olajuwon, and the other two streaky players in Cassell and Howard. STAY AWAY!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I disagree with Hoop-T on the second deal. CWebb puts up unbelievable numbers, and Sammy's stats were good last year and are pretty high this season. Dream is playing well and would fill your pseudo-hole at center (and with Dampier, you definitely need 2 anyway). SAR and McDyess are both real good players, but not of the Webber caliber. Peja is playing well, but this is his 1st great season and he's not a guarantee to keep it up.

The biggest negative is that you've be left with a big hole at SF. You'd need to move one of your PGs to fill that spot.

------------------
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve immortality by not dying. - Woody Allen

4. RENDIGGLER3:20

I say you should do either trade.

If the guy who you proposed the Francis trade for accepts I think it is a very good deal for you even though your giving up a player like Kidd!

For the 2nd trade I think picking up Webber is big as well as another center in Dream.I traded Cassell myself but when I had him he put up good numbers and expect is numbers to go back up a little.Im not sure about Howard though!Im sure you know what your giving up,four good quality players but there is some questions!

Will Mcdyess keep his play up or will he go back to being inconsistant like earlyier in the year?

I think Stojakovic will fall back down to Earth and his FP/avg will drop,thats my opinion anyways.

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

If you offered me those trades I'd give a definite no to the first one and a semi-hesitant no to the second one.

You might get away with offering Kidd and McDyess for Francis and Malone, but that would be a tough offer to make.

The second deal is reasonable, but probably will be declined.

------------------
    Five to one baby, one in five...no one here gets, out alive.

6. Summer Song Giver

In the Clutch City league on Yahoo I traded Stojakovich for McGrady!How about that?

------------------
    The National Basketball Association obviously revolves directly around Bob Finn's Fantasy Basketball League!

7. RENDIGGLER3:20

Id take Mcgrady over Stojakovic SSG!

Crow you proposed the 1st trade and you recieved the 2nd correct,if so I would accept the trade proposal you got that would bring you Webber and Dream?

------------------

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I'd decline both trades.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

9. countingcrow

Hey guys, I have been offered two more trades in my league and I wanted to know what you thought before I accept or decline; here they are:

I receive:
    Kobe Bryant
    Nick Van Exel
    Jamal Mashburn

He receives:
    Jason Kidd
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    Reggie Miller

Here is the second trade proposal:

I receive:
    Antawn Jamison
    Shawn Marion

He receives:
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    Jason Kidd

*What do you think?*

------------------

10. wizard

wizard Member

No to the first one and defintely a BIG no for the second one. shareef is superior in the long haul to marion. Kidd and Jamison is Kidd with a slight edge.

------------------

11. RENDIGGLER3:20

I agree with Wizard Crow I would say NO to both trades.You shouldnt even have to think about the 2nd offer IMO.The only reason I would even think about the 2nd is that you would be getting Kobe but I dont think you should trade Kidd and Rahim to get him!

------------------

12. countingcrow

Hey guys, it's me again. I just wanted your opinion on a trade I just made. Who got the best side of the deal? Here it is:

I receive:
    Gary Payton
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Malik Rose

He receives:
    Jason Kidd
    Reggie Miller
    Peja Stojakovic

------------------

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

You, by a lot.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You gain a few points picking up Payton,however you lose by taking Rose.

My thinking on this is,you trade away 3 guys who score very well at Sandbox for only 2 guys of starter quality.IMO Rose shouldn't even be put at flex.He is waiver wire fodder.

So what few points you make up with Payton over Kidd and Stackhouse over Miller will be negated by the loss of a solid flex position performer such as Stojakovic.Just my opinion.

------------------

15. RENDIGGLER3:20

I think Rose is a guy you should waive but as you can see Crow has a few other players that are capable of playing his flex(Billups,Dickerson).

I still think you should go after another center,maybe you can try to put a 2 for 1 deal together including Rose to get you a center!

BTW,good trade for you!

------------------

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

No offense Ren....but if your playing Dickerson or Billups at flex(in sandbox),your probably not going to win.

These two score 30 and 35 fp/g.All my flex players score around 40.

------------------