1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football Question

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketman95, Oct 27, 2000.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My team's two defenses are Miami and Cincinnati. My question is, who do I start this week? Sounds like a silly question, but Miami is playing Green Bay coming off a bye week and Cincinnati is playing a Couch-less Brown team.

We get the majority of our defensive points through how many points we allow. We only get one point for each turnover or sack. However, we do get six points for each TD the defense scores. We also have Levens as one of our RBs.

On the face of it, I'm leaning towards starting the Bengals. Green Bay's going to score some points, the Browns have a good shot at getting shut out again. The only thing that bothers us is the team we are playing. They are 0-8 in the league, and it would suck be victim to their first win because we decided to start the Bengal defense over the Miami defense.

Any advice?

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of yourself and umption.

visit www.swirve.com

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Play the percentages. Miami is the better defensive team, so go with them.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks man, still don't know though. It's also hard because Green Bay is my favorite team.

------------------

visit www.swirve.com

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'd go with the Bengals. Without Couch the the Browns are horrible. Plus after what happened Monday night with Miami I think the 'Fins may be emotionally devastated, and I'm not sure how they'll respond. Plus my Packers are picking it up offensively too.

Go Pack!

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier police!

Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

5. Major

Major Member

I think I'm with The Cat... then again, I'm not the one who'd be embarrassed losing to an 0-8 team.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that the Cato is the only Rocket with a temperature scale named after him?

I didnt think so!!!!

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's it, I'm going with shanna and The Cat. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Let the chips fall where they may.

------------------

visit www.swirve.com

7. Major

Major Member

but maybe miami is the safer choice ... in cinci, you *are* choosing to start maybe the worst team in pro sports. clipper-esque. helpful, aren't i?

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that the Cato is the only Rocket with a temperature scale named after him?

I didnt think so!!!!