1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this a good trade for my fantasy football team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Summer Song Giver, Sep 26, 2000.

1. Summer Song Giver

I get
    Isaac Bruce
    Ricky Williams

I Trade
    Emmitt Smith
    Amani Toomer

Here is how my team looks before the trade
    QB-Manning,R.johnson,Chandler
    RB-E.Smith,R.Smith,Staley,Dillon
    WR-A.Freeman,Hakim,T.Brown,Connell,Toomer,S.Morris
    TE-Wycheck
    This trade would give me a legit number one receiver and I'm pretty fed up with Emmitt Smith so I don't mind losing him but I'd still like to hear some objective opinions.
    Thanks for any and all input.

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

2. Summer Song Giver

C'mon guys help me out on this one

------------------

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

------------------
    "Well, I don't know what I received my honorary degree in, but judging by the fine sisters in the crowd, I hope it is gynecology." Mike Tyson speaks to the crowd after receiving his honorary degree from a college in Ohio.

4. Summer Song Giver

ok now you got me scared that its not fair in my favor which is good but the guy i offered it to is pretty knowledgeable and youre saying if you were him youd definently reject it?am i reading this right gr8t 1

------------------

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Maybe he knows something we don't know. Check the injury reports.

Bruce, even though he has to share with Holt and Hakim, will put up much better #'s than Toomer. Toomer plays in NY right ? With Kerry Collins ? Bruce is a top 5 wr.

Williams prolly won't get you as many td's as Smith, though he looks to be getting better. He had a better day than emmitt the last two weeks.

------------------
    "Well, I don't know what I received my honorary degree in, but judging by the fine sisters in the crowd, I hope it is gynecology." Mike Tyson speaks to the crowd after receiving his honorary degree from a college in Ohio.

6. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Dallas takes Emmitt out on most passing situations and Dallas is a pretty bad team.
    Bruce is a top tier player that lights it up.

Hands down a steal

------------------
    "UNBEATABLE"

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I have both Bruce and Holt in my team and there numbers rock, the rams are putting plus 30 up every week and warner loves to air the ball out

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

8. Gascon

Gascon Member

I have Emmitt on my team and I have been pleased with his consistency. Different league, however.

I would do that trade. Warner is the real deal(at least with the Rams) and doesn't look like he's going to slow any time soon. I really would look long and hard at the injury reports, though.

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.

9. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Only downside to that trade is that Bruce has been injury-plagued throughout his career. I think last year was his 1st healthy season in a long time. He was on my team 3 years ago and was good in the 12 games he played. 98 was even worse. Still, he's one of the top 2 WRs in the game.

Emmit is old and his team is bad. Those are 2 things I look to avoid in a fantasy football running back.

------------------

10. Summer Song Giver

It was a computer drafted league or i probably wouldn't have taken him:I definately wouldn't have taken him in the second but he had a great year last year so i got stuck with him.

About the trade it was rejected,too good for me I guess.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Summer Song Giver (edited September 26, 2000).]