1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

Sea Fever, The Survivalist, and Beast are all worth watching.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just wasn't that impressed. In my opinion, a great film of Midway has yet to be made. If you want to see a terrific documentary of Midway, one that has been "remastered and colorized" in a surprisingly good fashion, the Netflix series, Greatest Events of WWII delivers. It's in ten parts and Midway understandably makes up one of the ten. It's rare that a war pivoted so much on one battle, a battle that, despite the intelligence edge the Navy had, could still have ended in disaster for the United States in the Pacific.

Highly recommended and I'm an admitted WWII junkie, one who has seen pretty much everything that's out there. I really got hooked with Victory at Sea in the 1950's. My father saw combat in the Western Pacific in 1944 and I grew up surrounded by WWII vets, many of them relatives of mine. They all had had a tough time of it during the Depression, volunteered rather than wait for the draft, and purchased their homes with the help of the GI Bill. Crazy times and a far different country than we have today, with much good, gone, and much bad still getting straightened out.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love that movie As Good As It Gets!!

Deckard and DonkeyMagic like this.
  4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

same. I remember the first time seeing that movie. Me and 3 friends went to late night showing (1 or 2 AM) at the theatre in Austin. We were the only ones there. What a silly situation (4 teenagers seeing this rom-com super late night). We all loved it and I still have to watch it when I stumble across it to this day.

Side note. I was/am a huge Greg Kinnear fan from Talk Soup and he was great. Where did he go ?

Deckard and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Watched Midway Friday night and it was just not that great. 7/10 (probably a .5-1 pts too high because I love WW2 movies). This just felt way too hollywoodish? I'd figure out some witty way of relating it to TikTok/Instagram/Twitter generation if I could.... It is such a stark contrast to movies like 1917 and Dunkirk or Band of Brothers (if we want to pre date TikTok/etc.)

On a plus side, I think it convinced my wife to watch Ken Burn's The War documentary with me....

Deckard likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

"How do you write women so well?"

"I think of a man and then take away all reason and accountability."

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A great line from a great performance. I love that flick. Jack has stepped back from acting, but he’s an all time great, in my opinion. A true star. When he’s on the screen, you can't take your eyes off of him. Charisma personified, with a voice to match.

#8807 Deckard, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Better Off Dead. This movie definitely holds up. Surprised how many folks never watched. Easily one of the best 80's movies. I'm waiting to see what my 21 year old thinks of it.

9. dmoneybangbang

Rewatched one of the horror movies that really freaked me when it came out....

Event Horizon: 8/10. Great cast, great cosmic horror.

10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Deep Blue Sea 3 7/10

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Sell crazy someplace else! We’re all stocked up here!

DonkeyMagic and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m in awe. One of my all time favorite quotes that no one ever gets

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yes, God, Yes

Solid coming of age movie from the female perspective. Natalia Dyer is really good in the lead, the movie really subtle but funny. I was pretty impressed overall....

A-

The Wretched

It's a passable witch next door movie, no big surprises and not terribly scary. If anything it's impressively forgettable....

C+

An American Pickle

Seth Rogen pulling double duty here, it's not his typical deal and actually has a bit more heart than you'd expect. I was pretty impressed even though it's a farce through and through.....

B-

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Bad Boys for Life - 3/10

Just an even worse version of the other 2 movies previously. I would of gave it a 2 but they added Reggie from the 2nd one so it got an extra point.

GRENDEL likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

This looks interesting, available to stream tomorrow

KingCheetah and GRENDEL like this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

princess bride

my high school girlfriend loved this movie so I mistakenly fell for something that b**** said again...this time i waited 30 years to get b**** slapped again by her

i miss andre the giant

5/10

Deckard likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Appears to be a trip and scary as hell. The actor in the lead really grabs your attention. It looks like at least some of the idea for the plot was inspired by Alien, but I see nothing wrong with that. My problem is that I don't get IFC. At least I don't think I do.

The title initially threw me off.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

U-571. IMDB's score of 6.6 is pretty accurate...very eh movie. Some of the scenes were too dramatic to see as believable. Too many better submarine movies to watch this one....