1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Most Republican 50 -64 year olds would REFUSE COVID19 vaccine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Aug 8, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...s-decline-free-covid-coronavirus-vaccine.html

While 81 percent of Democrats said they’d get vaccinated if a free, FDA-approved vaccine were available, only 47 percent of Republicans said the same. Independents are in the middle of the two, with 59 percent saying they would accept the vaccine.

Those in the middle appear to be the most reluctant with 59 percent of those between the ages of 50 and 64 saying they would accept a vaccine.

@Os Trigonum
    @tinman

WTF IS WRONG WITH U PEOPLE

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

1 in 3 Americans otherwise known as the deplorables.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Here is the poll question: If an FDA-approved vaccine to prevent coronavirus/COVID-19 was available right now at no cost, would you agree to be vaccinated?

I think a better question would be when it’s available. Saying now invites thought of that’s just not possible unless short cuts were made.

Still amazing result and show a lack of trust.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#TrumpAutism

malakas, RayRay10, Dubious and 2 others like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's time for @tinman to police his own.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

I know a lot of people that are pro-vaccine that are concerned about side effects with a COVID19 vaccine when it is first available. I believe the fact the President said he wants it fast tracked, plus the reports of a lot of side effects in early trials; that has people concerned.

People that do not vaccinate in general should have a tattoo of an ******* stamped on their, and their children’s foreheads so we all know who to avoid.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In order to up the Republican percentage, they should have asked the question this way:

If a Jenny McCarthy approved vaccine to prevent coronavirus/COVID-19 was available right now at no cost, would you agree to be vaccinated?

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I actually like wearing a mask at this point. I have been to cultivate the best mustache i have ever had with only a select few knowing about it. o_O I will keep wearing the gaiter mask and let yall test these rushed vaccines. I am on board with flu shots though.

Nook likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And, now, anyone can be a ventriliquist

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 10.33.11 PM.jpg

RayRay10, Dubious, arkoe and 5 others like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Good, more money for future generations.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would not want to be an early adopter, but would get a vaccination eventually. Hope the test group is diverse...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

There are a lot of things not trending well for America. However this augurs a bright future for the USA

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Was it rushed or properly tested? Is it safe or...

or ...

https://www.mctlaw.com/vaccine-inju...e-brain-damaged-victims-of-swine-flu-vaccine/

I'm not an anti-vaxxer but we need a safe vaccine first and foremost. Primum non nocere. First, do no harm. You are welcome to be first in line for it.

I'm actually shocked some of yall trust something Trump rushed out with operation warp speed. Of all the times to question the guy. Also people are reluctant to trust the government that let it spread and who put Fauci in charge who lies on record to the public and then chooses to stay quiet when it's politically convenient.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree with you except about the Fauci part: Fauci and the CDC are heavily pressured to lie/shut up.

The survey Q apparently didn't mention "safe" vaccine, just "FDA-approved."
    Dachuda is right: why TF would I trust this administration's quickie COVID products?

Two Sandwiches and Jimmy Chase like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Say what you want, but he lied about masks. But hey if you trust him, and I get why, go on ahead. Now as for Trump... damn he is rushing the vax hardcore. Is it going to come out in October... for the election? Eh. I'll wait. I can't condone it. I will likely abstain from voting if this results in large scale brain damage or worse.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What did Fauci lie about? Believe it or not, I try to avoid the news :p

But this is 100% know to everyone: regular masks are worse than N95 masks.
    That means: regular masks are not 100% effective.
    That means: everyone knows, schools and workplaces are not 100% safe.
    Some people want to go ahead and accept deaths (hopefully for other people) in the interest of economics.

Jimmy Chase likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If it is FDA approved, that means that it would have passed the necessary phase 3 trials. It should be considered safe enough at that point.

rocketsjudoka, RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, I guess we now know what will keep you from voting for Trump. “Large scale brain damage or worse.”

Happy to see you have such high standards.:D

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have met a few people who say they won't get the vaccine. Including my 72 year-old, diabetic, SMOKER, mother. She's the type who sees Youtube videos talking down vaccines and blah blah blah; I tell her, Most of these people have an agenda, Mom.

Then again, when I went to visit Mom yesterday, during the course of far-ranging conversations, I got to hear from her and my stepbrother how the space aliens built the pyramids in Egypt and how Shakespeare didn't write his plays. So I learned a lot I would have never known otherwise.

malakas and RayRay10 like this.