1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz, Clippers or Thunder, Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Aug 7, 2020.

?

Jazz, Clippers or Thunder, Lakers?

1. Jazz then Clippers

19 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Thunder then Lakers

43 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. dmoneybangbang

A one game sample? All the pressure would be on the Rockets in the series and I personally would like to avoid them. That's fine if you disagree.... but I'm not the only one to think so.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

they were missing Adams and schroeder

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone turns on Russ, even Harden, after one game.

Fair is fair.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There's no right or wrong answer here. Just checking fan temperatures on things like which teams you fear the most, and if a 1st round potentially better match-up is worth a 2nd round juggernaut.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Huh?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol you think the Rockets wouldn't get past the Blazers???

RayRay10 and D-rock like this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Thunder Lakers…quite simple, want something new

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

With Westbrook and Gordon back Rockets have as good as a shot as any!

D-rock likes this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Am I the only one who thinks one of the two LA teams will get upset in the first round? If not both. Mavs are not a cake walk for the clippers. Blazers are looking really good compared to the Lakers.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

0 percent chance Mavs would upset the Clippers barring catastrophic injuries.
    I would call Portland a tough out but would definitely be shocked if they got in and were able to upset the Lakers. They’ve looked good but so have the Suns. We’re talking about Lebron and AD here, they should handle it.

I definitely fear the Thunder though I’m beginning to ask myself Why? I really shouldn’t. It’s just Chris Paul and then average players or really young players. Adams and Schroeder are vets but not much different than our vets. But yeah, still fear them haha. Can’t shake it off.

It doesn’t seem like there’s going to be much chance of us avoiding them anymore.

D-rock likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I just think the chances of upsets are a lot higher with the formatting and the bubble. There really is no home court advantage.

AD overrated!!

Zoplicone, RayRay10 and D-rock like this.
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Rockets could tank and play Denver. :D
    Even though history and style would favor the Rockets against the Jazz, I'd fear the "their time is due" factor in trying to win 3 years in a row.

Edit: tank, not track

#52 Kim, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Gremlin or Mogwai baby to be born? No exposure to bright light, no water, and no feeding after midnight.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Bring them all on. I'm less concerned with how far we make it, and more concerned with how we play against the opponent at hand.

Personally, I want OKC, LAC, and LAL. Screw easy (easier?) routes, let's face the media frenzy scenarios and the best, and top it off with Milwaukee in the Finals. Do I think we'll win? I don't know, but ONE day Houston will catch a break... there will be luck and health that come together with talent and a game plan, and I hope that when it does we are taking on the best so the wins stand taller and haters can eat their words. It'd be so amazing to take out the Thunder and that narrative, blast past Lebron and the new "superteam", then not allow KLeornard to win in another city, and then show Giannis who the real MVP of the last 2 years was. Man, that would be such a satisfying run (even in the bubble).

Who knows, maybe we still have a while before all those stars align again. One day... *shrug*

ronclone, BeBreezy and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Refs are still a thing.

fattz and RayRay10 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Channeling the 1995 Rockets vibe?

Love it!!!

Only 6th seed to win it all.

EVER.

bro2044 and RayRay10 like this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the thunder present a big issue for us in that they take care of the ball. we require turnovers to make up for getting crushed on the glass.

another problem is Dennis Schroeder is playing so much better than EGO. if he continues to suck that could easily be the difference in the series.

we have not played since the trade though so maybe we can flatten their offense out more with smaller quicker players instead of clint but i guess we are going to find out.

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Jazz then Lakers would be ideal.

19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I'm a little worried about OKC. They have too many players on their team that the Rockets players have probably never heard of that will inevitably take turns having career games and never missing shots.

bro2044 likes this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

And that’s why it doesn’t matter what our seed is. Will the refs let us beat one of the LA teams? If you thought the Golden State series were bad just wait for this LA series...

fattz and D-rock like this.