1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I already answered that earlier in the thread.

I said that we've become desensitized to this buffoon and because of that, we've long forgotten the dignity that the office is supposed to hold. For Trump to brag about anything, even if it's a cognitive test that most people could pass, no longer rings an alarm, unfortunately. Initially the scope was lost on me because of the scope of everything else he has done.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No you did not, you are all over the place.

Who is desensitized?

If we were desensitized nobody would care about this test, you are defeating your own argument.

You seem to be the desensitized one.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I literally mean I, myself (as well as a lot of the public). That's literally what I mean as to why I initially didn't see what the big deal was.

It's also why I am saying that he's done many worse things and this doesn't rank in the top five things to talk about with him. I think the test is fairly appropriate, given the things he's done. The things he's done have made me desensitized to the fact that he took a cognitive test. Honestly, I'm sure they all do, it's just that he chose to brag about passing it. Which, once again, does not surprise me in the least bit.

It's a big deal that it's newsworthy, but it only is because he made it that way, which isn't surprising in the context of him, but is surprising in the context of the history of the Presidency.

That's not all over the place.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think in many ways we are desensitized. Trump bragging about his cognitive test is something that is very outlandish but this Administration is violating the law and ethical standards pretty much every day. Most of it just get's washed out in the news cycle because most Americans, even his supporters, expect him to violate norms.

For example last week he used the WH Rose Garden to give a campaign speech while Ivanka and Jared (having them in the Administration is already a violation of ethics) were using WH resources to campaign. In any other administration these would be major violations but it's just another day of the Trump Presidency.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, such a sight to see as he heads to golf after Friday's mini fundraiser and boasting what a great job DeSantis is doing in Florida.

superfob, NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Cognitive af

bobrek and RayRay10 like this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He should have prepped for his speech by watching this

tmoney1101 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is the "Yose Mights" were an ancient civilization discovered by dip$hit and ruled by a cliff climber called "The Captain."

tmoney1101 and RayRay10 like this.