1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon Musk says China Rocks and Criticizes the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 1, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m just joking about having to go back China. Believe me when I’m in the PRC they know I’m not a local. One reason why o get ripped off a lot in Beijing.

As far for calling the country “PRC”. That’s actually the opposite of CCP propaganda. CCP propaganda is there only one China and that is the People’s Republic of China. The CCP would like people to believe that they represent the interests of all Chinese including those in HK and Taiwan. I don’t believe that. The people of Taiwan are Chinese but definitely aren’t represented by the PRC.

This is one reason I’m against calling COVID-19 the “Chinese Virus.” It’s not from Taiwan, it’s not from Hong Kong. It has nothing to do with the millions of Chinese who don’t live under the PRC.

RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Americans actually work the among most hours with industrialized countries. They lag behind some Asian countries but the quality of life is far better among Europeans.

He's making a dig about regulations in CA and NY because he couldn't get his factory to operate out of "worker safety" concerns.

Compare that to China where they have netting to prevent people from jumping off buildings (<3 dat energy!)

This is why you don't trust libertarian-like tech titans. They're like the big banks people used to worship in the 90s only to get ****ed over when they couldn't put the genie back in the bottle.

3. BenjaminChen

BenjaminChen Member

China has very good battery producers.And the Chinese government is very supportive of Elon's business,too.
    I dont think the workers' salary really matters that much in car industry.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

American factory workers are individuals just as we all are. Some factories are, some aren't. Every jobsite has its own culture.

The issue that dominates where factories are built is money. If American companies didn't sell products in America they would just move to the cheapest country.

The economy is global.

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And American car companies like Ford have headquarters in China to produce specifically for that market because it ain't cheap shipping a F-150 to Beijing.

And Tesla has the same strategy .

And this is why Hondas and Toyotas are built in America.

Tundras built in San Antonio

But I don't expect these art history dropouts in the D&D to understand that

Space Ghost, pgabriel and RayRay10 like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha but musk won't be in china thats for sure. Sounds nice on paper musk nowhere near china lol

Also getting into bed with ccp go ahead and bookmark this thread for when that honey moon ends.

Musk wont leave usa and jocks it hard. They should revoke any usa visa and see how long before he cries to let back in.

Trash

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Sad thread is sad.

RayRay10, Richie_Rich and ThatBoyNick like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Americans work roughly 50 days (or 400 hours) more annually than the shortest working European countries, which are - Denmark, Norway, and Germany. And of course, all 3 of those countries are extremely productive, all guarantee nationally over a month of paid leave for vacation days and holidays, with 5 paid sick leave days, 3+ months of paid paternal leave, and of course universal comprehensive healthcare. Oh, and I forgot, tuition-free college too.

We need to be fighting very hard to improve the quality of life for our workers. We should not accept someone attempting to shame American workers by calling them lazy and entitled in comparison to a country that has an oppressive authoritarian regime with inhumane workers and human rights for its citizens.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Elon is a selfish allegedly "libertarian" prick who loves China partly for its authoritarianism.
    After getting a lot of stimulus money he came out against any additional Covid stimulus for ordinary Americans.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

That photo made me laugh.:D

I'm a bit xenaphobic to UK now. One Direction taking boy band jobs away from American boy bands.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Elon can make china pollute less if they reduce gas emissions

that’s a win
    For the planet earth

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

You’re got more culture than most people in the D&D
    They make Stalin look like Andy Warhol

RayRay10 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

You know this D&D works now brother

You post a click bait article and then one direction fans jump in ready to sing their favorite songs
    Off course out of all the posters here, I think three posters read that article
    That INCLUDES Me and you !

SICO team
    @Os Trigonum

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Elon got a kid with a Canadian pop star
    So he's going to be in North America raising
    the next super genius!

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

@tinman this you, hyping Putin?

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya tell that to the machinists and assemblers that work with me after a 60 hr week.