1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman would choose Luka Doncic over James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Can’t call him a version of Jeremy Lin and then say he’s not a superstar YET.

Just cuz Max says stupid things doesn’t make Luka the enemy. He is in Year Two! And will be leading his team to the playoffs in this second year. He’s a star and that is leadership.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

What a night for Luka! Just 4 fouls short of a quadruple double.

3. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Really so what has he done? MVP? Nope? Won the Division NOPE scoring Title? Nope Led to league in Assist? Nope just a Taller Version on Lon in his hey day. Period

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Didn’t he win Euroleague MVP and finals MVP and a couple of championships before he got to NBA all before 18? I mean Luka is way better than Lin. If not just because he is 6 inches taller.

plutoblue11 and roslolian like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lin never won ROY. Dude's in his 2nd year and only 20 yrs old why does he have to win scoring titles and lead the league in assists? Harden ave like 12 pts in his 2nd year lol.

It's a no brainer to take Luka over Harden just cuz of the age gap between the two. Harden's 10 yrs older and prob has 5 more years of peak performance, Luka has all the time in the world to win championships. Lebron is so much better than Giannis but if you ask the gms who they'd rather take right now almost everyone will say Giannis.

plutoblue11 and ashleyem like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If you are seriously trying to argue that Jeremy Lin is better than Luka Doncic.

Son, you need to admit yourself into an institution.

BigMaloe, Zoplicone, Roomba and 2 others like this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

People ragging on 21 year old Luka when he is the closest thing to Harden out there is incredibly stupid. As a Houston fan, I'm not liking the direction Dallas is headed.

BigMaloe, fattz, jnuge90 and 4 others like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's astounding how a post this terrible managed to get even worse overnight. :D

BigMaloe, jch1911, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Actually most of the regulars know luka is good. There’s no question about that.

it’s the posts by @ashleyem that people are hilariously laughing at

Reeko, clos4life and CCity Zero like this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, even if the outcome was different this was still a very poor post. Definitely agree with you

Reeko, topfive and D-rock like this.
  11. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

We are talking about the NBA. We talking about the game. NOT PRACTICE, THE GAME

12. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Please read no one Ever Said that Lin was better. I said right now he is nothing but a J. LIN Period.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@dc rock
    I knew this is the biggest outcome of the victory last night
    Not a discussion about defense or role players

Max Kellerman reaction thread
    @Os Trigonum

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Hahahahahahahahaha

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all I got to say is that I live on the 2nd floor.

jch1911 and tinman like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, I also have one more thing to say.

Max Kellerman would choose organic chicken over prime rib.

Someone needs to make a thread about that now.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Luka is great and yes, at 21...but extended dominance is not guaranteed. Some players peak early and never get better. There is no guarantee that he'll ever be at the level Harden is at and I think that's where the frustration comes.

He's perennial all-star level right now but taking that next step to MVP level is extremely hard. Some guys just never do it. Look at guys like Carmelo who everyone thought would eventually become a rival to Lebron. He peaked and just never got better.

Kevin Love, another guy who looked like he was going to be an elite player that just...really never got better.

Deron Williams whose last season in the NBA was 32...Deron was a really great player that just never continued his dominance. It is hard.

So yeah, Luka is 21, yes he's great...but we can't assume that he's just going to get better and better like say Giannis.

Vince Carter was another guy who just never took that next step and just sort of remained at that all-star level and then declined.

So yeah, Harden's been to the mountain top, he's been a top 3 elite, arguably best player in the league level. Right now, Luka is perennial all-star level. He could continue this for years and years and have a great career but taking that next step? That's hard.

BigMaloe, CCity Zero and D-rock like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol 99% don’t get it
    I get though
    Toms diner

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Everyone is better than Jeremy Lin
    That dudes not even in the league
    @Reeko

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

It's not just media. I know of a lot of Steph fans who hate on Harden. They don't like the step-back, they don't like him drawing fouls, etc. Apparently it accrues to a boring game.

If you're a GSW fan, I'd give it 90% chance you're hating on Harden. They're like LOFs just milder.

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.