1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

See that's the division again.

There's millions of people who do not fall in either category.

The real naysayers are out there on social media the most, but most ppl are just lurkers that just think their part.

It is a grey area, even commissioner Silver is that person, who isn't 100% sure and he expressed it abundantly with his exit plan if it is not supposed to work.

Well documented.

0 solutions because the NBA solution is good enough.

It is either going to work or it won't, not much middle ground.

The results are there in October.

And there is another season to think of in December with or without Home court.

We'll talk about the outcome and credit everyone then. (Fairest evaluation I can think of)

#1782 daywalker02, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

So there is only unity if we agree with you or agree to disagree, not to rock the boat?

There is a best way to proceed, as in moving forward towards a solution. Burying head in sand and pooh-poohing every effort for a solution is not it.

Extremism is never a good solution. Whether it is liberal extremism or Trumpian.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

NBA TV? After so long a wait? After carrying a cable package (middle package to include local Rockets and nothing else but not NBA TV) for 4 months before cutting cable?

Here we go again. Will there ever come a time that NBA games will stream on Roku or similar devices? Or are all we left to carry expensive cable packages only, and in my case I mean only, to watch Rockets basketball?

After missing only a handful of games since 1994, I'm about ready to cut cables and go to highlights instead--something I've resisted for 26 years. I've paid so much unnecessary money to watch every non-NBA TV/non-locally broadcast game. The playoffs will be carried by national channels like TNT, etc, so I'll see it out through this season. But after this shortened season, when scrimmages are unavailable to a lifer like myself, I'm cutting my cables. I can no longer afford to be the Rockets fan I've been for literally half my life. Sigh.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  5. Batman Jones

And I would be completely and totally satisfied if streaming meant tape delay. Most of my work is in the evening so I already watch more than half of the games that way. (My co-workers know better than to spoil games for me at this point and my friends know not to text me during them.)

Instead, if you don't buy a premium sports package to include NBA TV, you're just out of luck. I love my Houston Rockets but I've had enough of paying almost $200/month for the games. Remember when they all aired on local TV? If you don't, they did.

6. Batman Jones

I just read that the NBA TV scrimmages and 'regular season' games will indeed be on local/non NBA TV national outlets and I'm very happy about that.

But if they can't find a way to stream games by next season, I'm still cutting cables. I can't afford nearly $200/month for a service I only use to watch Rockets games anymore. They're my favorite thing I ever watch on TV but I'm not going to continue paying nearly $2,400/annum to watch full games (streaming to my tiny laptop screen isn't an acceptable solution for me).

No matter what, I'm cutting cables as soon as this season is over or if the Rockets are eliminated, and I'm not going back. I dearly hope they'll find a way to watch the games on a big-screen TV and not on my tiny-screen laptop. Not when I can pay about $40/month to stream every single other thing I'd ever want to watch on a relatively cheap streaming service.

D-rock likes this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

That part... KTXH IIRC... but is was mostly road games (I think) and home games were HSE???
    Anyway... it was mainly FREE. i even used to get the games when I was in law school in New Orleans (no Hornets / Pellies then... yet)

D-rock and Batman Jones like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Half of the Rockets "regular season" games are on ESPN, TNT, or ABC. Playoffs are on ESPN and ABC, I think. You can have Hulu for $6 a month. It has both ESPN and TNT.

9. Batman Jones

That's helpful for next year, thanks. For this year, I'm not cutting cables. As soon as Rockets win their championship this year though, I'll be missing half the games I guess. That's a pretty big step down from watching 82 games most seasons. But okay.

Easy and D-rock like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have my sympathy, Batman.

I hate NBA TV. It’s an abomination, in my opinion, created for the sole purpose of squeezing even more money from fans that are already faced with absurdly high ticket prices to attend games. League Pass, where the NBA TV games used to reside, is not what it once was for those who live out of town. I’ve paid for LP for many years here in Austin, and yes, I’ve paid for NBA TV since it’s creation even though it is outright theft, in my opinion, and an insult to the fans who once got those games on already expensive League Pass. While I can afford the cost, every year I come close to saying, “**** it. I’m sick and tired of being taken advantage of.” Someday, the league brass, who think they are made of gold, are going to go too far. The average fan is not made of money.

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Dunno if it's still valid but I got the whole bubble season on League Pass for around 11 dollars using the code Slamdunk50. Hope it helps!

12. Batman Jones

Thanks! Should work for the bubble season (as long as it lasts-I'm very doubtful about them making it through it without having to shut down again).

Then next year will just be next year..

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

day 2 of scrimmages

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

$200 a month? What.

Maybe Australia does do some things better than the US after all.

Can you not get League Pass with a VPN?

Running the premium LP subscription option for every team's games is a few hundred Australian dollars for the entire year.

However running a VPN I think last season we figured we could say we were in India and it was only $80 odd Australian (which would be around $50 or so US)

I don't know how the 'blackouts' work over there though so maybe this isn't a viable option.

D-rock likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. rockets13champs

Get a VPN and sign in and switch ur city

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm at the league pass subscription page to purchase it but i'm not seeing an option to put a promo code. I'm I doing something wrong?