1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is dropping and gaining pounds like the best of them, Christian Bale.

macan, JoeBarelyCares and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s just his body type

macan, sirbaihu and D-rock like this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Reeko and KingCheetah like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

macan, randerson and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup it seems to be a thing per Taylor Rooks in her experience

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

50:50 odds this is going to fail.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree. it's going to finish

10. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It has to, they have billions riding on finishing it. If it fails, the NBA has to give back the money.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everyone is going outside the bubble and re-enter again because of personal reasons.... Bubble RIP.

Bring in the families I suppose.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Uh oh. A lot of these insta-thots are located in Florida...

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Just bring in quarentined thots.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. foggy94

foggy94 Member

People need to really chill out with the doom and gloom literally anytime anyone says anything about the bubble. It's going remarkably well so far.

The Cat likes this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I am hoping they're good but hopes and expectations are different. I am really hyped for the NBA coming back. I hope the Rockets win the COVID Championship, but I don't expect them to.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I mean... Global pandemic... People showing clearly they can't take preventative measures to slow COVID... But somehow this NBA bubble shouldn't be criticized as a solid probability that it will fail?

I miss basketball more than anyone but we have to be realistic. All the JR Smiths and Caboclo's of the world are going to abide by protocol for the duration of the bubble?? .....Right....

malakas and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

why exactly should it be criticized, especially at this point so far when things have gone extremely well. If guys are testing positive left and right everyday, then yeah it should be. We just saw the TBT complete an entire tournament with much less restrictions with very good results. But like morey said the other day, there's people that are rooting for this to fail whether they consciously admit or not for whatever reasons. it's pretty sad but its the truth. It's apparent on this very board

JR Smith's problem was him exposing too much on social media as far as content. that's far from anything dealing with risking the exposure to covid. dude is getting another chance at nba life and to win a title. People think he's going to mess this opportunity up? Nah. notice how he shut things down real quick when he got the warning. Bruno broke specific rules and instructions. that's his fault for not paying attention and credit for the bubble for enforcing the actual rules set in place.

#1697 YOLO, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, a couple things:

1.) Between TBT, MLS, NWSL, we're getting plenty of evidence that these things can be reasonably effective. Not sure why NBA players are different than any of the other athletes.

2.) The comparisons to the outside world are super weird. The problems for us as a society are not enough people wearing masks, not enough testing capacity (i.e. processing time takes too long), an inability to effectively contact trace because there are too many cases and it takes too long to get a positive test back, etc. The conditions in the NBA bubble are night and day different, relative to what's causing our "real world" problems.

Now, does that mean it's going to be 100%? Of course not, and the league has said it expects positive tests. But if all it takes is one Bruno case to cause a massive outbreak, even with same-day testing and ability to contract trace... then we're basically ****ed as a society, because it shows that even the best plans aren't good enough.

That's why it's weird (as Morey said) to see people rooting against it. It's a great story when these bubbles succeed, because it should serve as a positive example to society at large of how, with proper protocols, we can control the virus. It's also odd when people who advocate for these types of protocols on a larger scale simultaneously act as if they won't work in a controlled environment. Because again, if that's the case, then there's almost nothing we can realistically do to turn things around. (Fortunately, I don't believe that.)

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I can't speak for everyone on the board, however as far as myself I want it to finish because I believe the Rockets have a great shot to win it all. With that said, it's fair to be optimistic about the season's pulse. My point about JR and Caboclo is that there are hundreds of NBA players in the bubble. And out of those hundreds there will be a few that break protocol and risk contracting COVID. If they contract it and spread it in the bubble I don't see how the season will last.

Stating the obvious concerns are different than hoping something fails.

Corrosion and daywalker02 like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

if a few break it, it also doesn't mean the worst happens. yeah bruno broke protocol but his error cost him pretty much only himself. I would say practice time with the team but Bruno is looking at 0 minutes anyway. The fact that he's in that situation shows he should have paid even more attention to details. its been days since he did and we have not heard anyone or him testing positive. he's getting punished for a week. that's all on him. nobody else.

concerns is one thing. that's not what i am referring to. there's absolutely people rooting for this to fail, especially those who obviously haven't done the research and all the work that being done to put this together from top to bottom.