1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

8 year girl shot dead near the burnt down Wendy's in Atlanta

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 7, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad.
    Why are there armed people at the burnt down Wendy's?
    This girl died cause her and her mom drove down the street.
    I hope they find her killer(s).

It's a little late for the Mayor to clear that area out.
    could have prevented it by just demolishing the Wendy's because it's not functional.

#1 tinman, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    vlaurelio likes this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    This is definitely because people illogically burnt down a Wendy's restaurant
    they had nothing to do with the police shooting because it was the closest building.
    This girl's blood is on the dumb arsonists.
    @ROXRAN
    Then why are people just hanging out at the burnt out Wendy's with guns ready??

3. tinman

Supporting Member

#3 tinman, Jul 7, 2020
  4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Some other related headlines from the weekend.

11-year-old fatally shot in Southeast D.C. after anti-violence July 4 cookout
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...390c1a-bec6-11ea-b178-bb7b05b94af1_story.html

At least 6 children were killed by gun violence across the nation this holiday weekend
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/us/children-killed-holiday-weekend/index.html

Major U.S. cities, gripped with crisis, now face spike in deadly shootings, including of children
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...508ac8-bfa0-11ea-9fdd-b7ac6b051dc8_story.html

#4 DCkid, Jul 7, 2020
    Invisible Fan and tinman like this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black kids get killed In stupid black on black violence all the time. This is the saddest thing about BLM. They don't have **** to say about black on black violence. Black people are so desensitized none of us say anything

The worst i saw recently was a black baby shot by a stray bullet in a Houston apartments parking lot a few years ago. The bullet was shot in a stupid black on black argument

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First of all members BLM have had plenty to say about black on black violence. Secondly, even if that were true, it doesn't matter. Because they don't tackle all issues doesn't mean they are wrong to focus on one very real issue. Thirdly, there aren't many defending black on black violence while there are many defending brutal police tactics and the racism inherent in our justice system.

joshuaao, Sweet Lou 4 2 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Why are there armed people guarding a burnt down Wendy's?
    Nobody from the Wendy's killed or caused Rayshard Brook's death. He happened to be in the parking lot.

The arsonists burnt the Wendy's down.
    Then a bunch of armed people decided to guard it 24/7.
    Why?

Nothing makes any sense.
    Then they just randomly shot up a mom and daughter driving home.

sad.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You do this EVERY SINGLE TIME man.

Even after last time I listed you organizations that tackle these issues. The truth is YOU don't care, if you did, you'd do something more than keep going on about how everyone else don't care.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BLM is specifically about racism in the criminal justice system.

The solution to violent crime as a whole is to uplift people out of poverty - this is in fact one of the big things people are arguing when they talk about defunding the police - not to get rid of police, but that if you actually lifted people out of poverty crime will go down and you will need less police and prisons.

Poverty is the root cause of most crime. You don't defeat poverty with more police. What happened to this child is tragic and hopefully they will find the person(s) responsible and bring them to justice, but the long-term solution is to address the underlying causes.

DVauthrin likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It is his job.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They arent defending it, just ignoring it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Bullshiet.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes law enforcement, and the supposed liberal media do ignore it far too often.

Astrodome and Nook like this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

"How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@FranchiseBlade

Did blm talk about any of this?

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

"When I go to the money machine tonight, alright, I ain't looking over my back for the media, I'm looking for *****s! ****, Ted Koppel ain't never took **** from me. *****s have, so, you think I've got three guns in my house 'cause the media outside?" - Chris Rock

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would blame it more on media coverage than BLM itself.

Also the two issues might be reduced info broad categories ala white on black oppression vs black on black violence but the first is a top down approach while addressing the other needs a bottom up solution.

Solving BoB violence in Atlanta doesn't necessarily open the door to solving BoB violence in Houston. Whereas police brutality, the control structure is easier to quantify what works and what doesn't.

Presumably, BLM and other civil rights orgs are fighting for increased living and QoL conditions in poor Black areas. Who knows if that'll directly reduce BoB violence over time but again it's harder to quantify and measure even if governments and corporations did everything they asked the next day.

So yeah push the media to raise awareness, start your own blog or whatever. I can't blame these organizations themselves for tackling a systemically rooted problem at the bottom of the pyramid. They're using political action to pressure lawmakers into reining in an organization they have direct control and authority over.

Calling out blm to pressure politicians to stop BoB violence is like having a political group telling Washington to stop crazy white people from shooting up public areas. We have an idea on what the deal is (not gun control...MeNTaL HealTH!!!), but solving that is incredibly impossible. That's the trap to these Con whataboutisms.

The media, however, doesn't seem to press the issue so their role of spreading awareness should be held with some skepticism.

18. Nook

Nook Member

BLM is a special interest group with specific goals. They have aligned themselves with other "fights" but they are not going to speak on every single topic or issue as it goes against their purpose.

So pointing to black on black violence doesn't really mean much in that perspective.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'll answer this one last time. You've already had this explained to you.

After this time, I'll ask that you not deflect any more from the real issue of police brutality.

That is what you are doing.

1. The issues addressed by BLM would also help decrease the homicide rate in black communities.

2. You don't ask groups formed to address breast cancer why they aren't speaking out about heart disease.

3. There are many many groups addressing the violence in black communities. BLM has a different focus.

4. When the criminals that commit black on black violence, they are prosecuted, tried, and convicted. The same isn't true when police on black violence happens.

If this is a thread about black on black violence stop bringing BLM into it. If the thread is about police brutality then stick to that.

Buck Turgidson, DVauthrin and Nook like this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Did BLM start with trayvon?