1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t. Biden will be fantastic compared to what we have.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[susan has entered vp chat]

[stacey has entered vp chat]

[hillary has entered vp chat]

[hillary has been banned from vp chat]

jiggyfly, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While trump is hiding in his bunker with nothing to say to the nation...

Two Sandwiches, Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Biden can get more coverage the situation now really plays to his strength. He is great at consoling and expressing brief. It's something he knows much more about given how many family members he's lost and it humanizes him.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya that's dumb.

Nook likes this.
  7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I think Biden will be a better president than Trump. No doubt. I just refuse to cast a vote for anyone that voted for the Iraq war. No exceptions. None of them should still have jobs in Washington.

It was a terrible idea to invade the country, and the after war plan was even worse of an idea. When I see one of my best friends somehow the Iraq conversation seems to come up quite often. I guess it's just what we bond over. He gets a facial twitch talking about it. He has PTSD and of course hearing damage like almost everybody that was over there. He also gets dizzy spells occasionally which is something I also deal with. I forget what his disablity % is from the VA.

I try to avoid the topic of the war but he starts talking about certain things and off we go. I think each indivual has a different limit on how much combat they can go through. He passed his limit. For reference, he was in the initial ground invasion, has a Presidential Unit Citation from right after the initial invasion, and he also went door to door in Fallujah. What really helped him is he was on General Mattis' staff after that and it made a big impact on him. I have a great deal of respect for Mattis. My friend is still a bad ass and works his butt off, but like many of our friends he's damaged forever from it... and he's one of the "lucky" ones.

I can't vote for Biden and I won't vote for Trump. That's why I'm writing in Mattis. Some on here have called that a wasted vote. I call it a principled vote.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am seriously concerned he's going to get the 'Rona. But otherwise agree. He has orders of magnitude more human empathy than the current POTUS.

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It'll be Biden and Kamala and they'll win by one of the largest landslides in history, barring interference.

The question is whether Trump leaves on his own will or not.

Jayzers_100, RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me too.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yeah I agree that is an ignorant idea and I suspect someone on his staff will correct him.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Many AA would not be happy with Harris at all.... in fact it would be a very poor selection...

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

she's more law and order than the Donald

14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes she isn’t a good combo with Biden.

Biden has issues with his crime bill history.

Harris has serious issues with her crime record in California.

Also, even beyond that, she does not poll well with minorities.

Biden would be far better going with Abrams (who I would pick) or Susan Rice (who I have little respect for).

At least with Rice you also get further Obama connections.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It should be obvious that Trump has no principles other than what benefits him and his family.

Nook, AleksandarN, glynch and 2 others like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Texas republicans... you vote for this guy to represent you...

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Biden and virtually anyone on this bbs has more empathy than Trump who is clearly a classic sociopath who needs to be defeated.

Let's all hope Jill Biden who seems like a fairly nice woman and the folks around Biden can keep Joe on track.

Kamala might be personally ambitious enough and tough enough to make some of the changes that will be needed so we do not keep getting Trumps and McConnels and the rest. Obama was not up to the task for whatever reason.

Unlike Biden who proclaimed he would veto Medicare4 All if it crossed his desk Kamala might be personally ambitious enough to see the advantage to herself in actually being for it, once she is in.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the level of hypocrisy from Republicans is nauseating

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

It’ll be Kamala. Biden has this in the bag and Harris is the most “President-ready” versus Abrams or Demings. In fact, Demings is probably out given she was a police chief. Amy is out for obvious reasons. Harris does have the stink of being a former prosecutor in this political climate, but doesn’t have nearly the baggage as some of the other law and order candidates. She’s safe and will be ready to take the throne in 2024.

Obviously Trump will never drop out; but you have to wonder if the GOP wishes they would’ve tried harder to primary other candidates months ago. If the election were tomorrow, I don’t see how Biden doesn’t wipe the floor in every swing state

baller4life315 and RayRay10 like this.