1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The View from the Ground: George Floyd Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 28, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Woke up this morning again not smelling smoke. Spent nearly all of the night monitoring things through a couple of forums set up by neighbors to let each other know what was going on. Things stayed calm and no incidents that I am aware of. There were several reports of people finding incendiaries being found in back alleys and the MN Dept. of Safety had warned that people were planting incendiaries throughout the city possibly to start fires quickly. Thankfully there were very few fires again this night. Really starting to feel like the worst might be over for Minneapolis.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Stay safe. Thanks for bringing us real updates from the source.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm happy to do it. When I started this thread I just wanted to share what I was seeing as I was getting upset about reading opinions from so many people not here and what I considered no well informed about what was happening on the ground.

I'm glad that people have liked it and for the genuine concern that y'all have shown for my safety.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hard to believe these protests that started in Minnesota have gone global.

arkoe and RayRay10 like this.
  5. KingCheetah

Louisville is a powderkeg about to erupt.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

If it's anything like the protests all over the world in 2019 it's going to last a long time. Bad time to have no leadership.

Good luck America.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I posted this in another thread but I'm posting it here because it really shows how attitudes really shifted last night from the anger and confrontation of a few nights ago.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

10. KingCheetah

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Eventually you will need MSM to put out the fire like every other protests. They are on your side when racism is involved.

12. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Harmless person? One of them had a bow and arrow and was pointing it at a crowd of people and the other one had a sword and charged multiple people.

HO HO HO HO!

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yah bro. All those teenagers and 20-something year olds watch a ton of cable news. Fa sho

15. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

16. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, what a disingenuous response. Not surprising.

1. The guy with the bow and arrow was never a subject of the video being discussed or my posting in this thread.
    2. Saying he was "harmless" was in the context of when he was curled in the fetal position in the gutter being beaten nearly to death as the video clearly shows. I'm sure, or at least I hope, you understand self-defense does not extend to beating someone nearly to death/ throwing a large rock at their head from 5 feet away while they are curled up in the fetal position in the gutter.

#436 HTM, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah no........ what I know is that if you pull out a bow and aim it at a crowd of people or you charge people with a machete during a riot, it isn't going to end well for you. I hope he survives, but he lacks common sense and was far from an innocent casualty.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

agree he put himself in a worse position by pulling out the weapon .

granted from the videos I’ve seen , I’d blame the mob like 80/20 for what happened to the dude . I didn’t see him fire , and I thought he was trying to talk first .... still bad idea to bring out the bow .

glad he didn’t die .

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he fired one shot at one of the protesters? That's what one video looked like.

20. HTM

HTM Member

I haven't mentioned the bow incident at all. I understand it took place but haven't seen the video and it has not been the subject of anything I've discussed in this thread. So, yea.. you can keep bringing it up though if you want I guess...

I would hope you would understand, no matter the previous circumstances, it's still a serious criminal act to savagely beat someone/throw a large rock at their head while they are curled up on the ground and clearly not a threat. There is no justification for it and your excusing it is pathetic.