1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They terminated Karen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 26, 2020.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

And what is this black persons place.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I am absolutely guilty of spreading such videos (although I don't discriminate).

My issue isn't with the person taking the video to protect themselves. But public shaming and the thrill of instigating a mob was the motivation for posting it, not protection.

3. Major

Major Member

Perhaps public shaming of racists might be a good way to discourage future racism.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well good that you admit to it.

As for her having her life ruined for her behavior. I just ask - what happened to personal responsibility? I just feel that when a minority makes a mistake, it always is - they deserved it. Or had it coming. But when it's a white person - it's they should not have their lives ruined.

It feels like a terrible double standard and based on racial lines. What that woman did was criminal. She basically tried to frame him as attacking her using his race as a means to frame him. That's horrific. Maybe public shaming is just what she needed to wake up and feel remorse and be a better person.

#64 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m with u that hall monitor behavior can be annoying...unleashing your dog in inappropriate areas is just irresponsible dog ownership tho

I’m a dog lover, so if I’m out somewhere without my dogs and some unleashed friendly dog came up to me and wasn’t jumping on me or something like that, I’d be cool, but if I wasn’t a dog lover or was scared of dogs like I used to be back in the day, I’d be extremely pissed if someone had their dog unleashed where they’re not supposed to be

leave these bird watchers alone to do what they do in peace

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Commodore needs to cut the bullsh*t

a white woman calling the cops saying a black man is threatening her could lead to his death...let her get away this, and she might do it again, but also add that she thinks he might be armed as she tells her lies

she knew what she was doing

shame away

She lost her job? Great. She lost her dog? Thank God, because she was damn near hanging him.

this is a textbook case of somebody weaponizing their whiteness

7. Buck Turgidson

What are the odds of 90% of those guys "writing" their HS thesis on Atlas Shrugged?

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hear you, and she is repulsive, but @Commodore has a point. In modern times, we DO have this justice through shaming with no trial, judge, or jury, with often higher penalties than a civil court could enact.

it seems a little out of whack. I’m not going to stick up for Karen, but I’ll stick up for the right to speak against the sudden and crazy shaming in this medium.

In a number of cases people have been misidentified and, yep, lives still ruined, even without a 90 second mistake.

EDIT: I guess I can hear a solid reply: “ask black folk what jury ever did for justice for them.” Point taken.

TheFreak, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think the shaming is done so that the next person will think twice before doing the same thing, and to that end, I’m fine with it although I respect your disagreement

I’m not aware of the cases of someone being misidentified and having their life ruined, that is very unfortunate

what she did is pretty evil, so at least in her case, she deserves everything she’s gotten so far IMO

RayRay10, AleksandarN and B-Bob like this.
  10. Senator

Senator Member

They're both Karens and should be put in jail, along with Melody Cooper who is trying to make a career out of this. It was likely a setup judging from her twitter - every post is a race bait attack on white people. As we see from Jussie Smollet and others, it's clearly a cultural trend in bigger US cities.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, it really wasn't. One person asked another person to observe the rules of the park and the other person threatened to call the police and lie that her life was being threatened by an "African-American man". Put your damn dog on a leash, problem solved.

I don't know if she should have been fired, seems extreme, but at the very least she needs some counseling. The virtual lynch mob has a lot of victims of all races and persuasions.

And oh by the way she was strangling her own dog while all this was going on.

King1, jiggyfly, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

So when are they going to recast Birth of a Nation? I know with how things are right now White folks will be filling cinemas to watch that ****.

Some white people need to be reminded that black folks are people too.

This isn’t just desensitized institutional racism either... this is purposeful and escalating racial and socio economic hatred of primarily black men.

13. Senator

Senator Member

Regarding the battle of Karens, he was planted there as a shill by melody cooper... it's not a coincidence her twitter is the way it is.

Not to mention, if a white person goes to the hood and tells a black person not to snitch, you know follow the rules, he'll be shot. Why won't Melody Cooper be vocal about that? It's a two way street and if a community doesn't want to look in the mirror, then they aren't going to truly overcome this obstacle that every other immigrant group has done a much better job of. It's not rocket science.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She ****ed her dog up like it was nothing unusual. The dog took it silently until it started gasping for air.

Maybe that's the True Crime here.
    #alllivesmatter #doglivestoo

It wasn't like the birder was pulling a James OKeefe and pulling hard for a Kloset Klan Konfession.

The way people are openly racist might warrant openly recording people's actions, but I agree mob shaming won't end well for us. It's in the vigilante justice category that displays a lack of trust in the system or the people inside it.

Our symptoms and diagnoses are deeply flawed.

#74 Invisible Fan, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Tell me why he should be in jail???

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I wonder where they are getting it though?

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Avidly watching birds?

Karin disagrees but she is a stupid racist who got what she had coming.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that our culture of shame is often takes things too far. This wasn't though something like an angry ex releasing a sex tape, this wasn't someone getting drunk and doing something dumb like yelling at an Uber driver, this wasn't even some young stupid frat kids putting on black face. This was a deliberate and calculated move to play on racial fears to use the authorities to go after a black man. A black man who was doing something annoying but not illegal or threatening. This was a woman who was a VP of a finance company. She's not young, she's not drunk, or compromised in any way. She knows what she's doing with not just no concern for Mr. Cooper but with the hope that he is arrested and taken away on a false premises.

I will say it again. This is psychopathic.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

People ... this ... is ... not ... about ... the ... dog.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.