1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman will be on CNBC in 1 hour. Prepare for greatness!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, May 18, 2020.

1. TilmanFinancialWindfall

LOL. I love this response with his Trump...basically saying, who gives a fudge whatever any think of you for taking government money, you're a Billionaire!!! Who cares what anyone thinks of you!

I guess Trump and Tilman does not like Union shop in their restaurant and hotels since they seem to look down at Harden and Westbrook making $40 millions, not because they are the greatest player on earth...it's because "Union" forced Tilman to pay these black folks all this $$$.
    Has Tilman thought about how much Harden has made for the Rockets? Would any owners buy the Rockets if the Rockets didn't have a SUPER UBER STAR like Harden?

"In response, Trump ribbed Fertitta’s decision to send the PPP money back. “They found out that you’re very rich and they said ‘what the hell?,” Trump said of Fertitta’s critics."

Trump pointed out that Fertitta had two very top earners on the Houston Rockets — James Harden and Russell Westbrook — are making upwards of $40 million per year. As Fertitta noted, those two are being paid their salaries thanks to the collective bargaining agreement negotiated by their union. Perhaps it’s time for all of Fertitta’s employees to consider unionizing in order to get paid.

Clips/Roxfan and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

More like BEG to Trump.

His lapdog behavior was cringe worthy and an embarrassment, even Jared Kishner was looking at him like he was pathetic trash.

3. macan

macan Member

in tilman we trust

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly has foot in mouth virus.

No wonder Trump considers him a twin.

5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Wasn't aware who was involved in the bidding, but at least Michael Dell makes a whole lot more sense than the people constantly wishing Mattress Mac would buy the Rockets, lol I think James Harden is worth 4X as much as this mattress salesman. If broke Tilman w a $4b net worth can't afford the Rockets, no way a mattress salesman worth 2% of that can.

If the team is involved in some sort of distressed sale, and trades at a multiple similar to other businesses outside of a trophy asset sports team, I think it is possible for some smarter money to come in. My guess is that there are several billionaires who were interested in the Rockets, but were sitting on a ton of dry powder thinking the world was over valued at the time.

#65 BallSoHarden, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  6. TilmanFinancialWindfall

James and Russ want PPP money now? Come on Tilman, you're begging for money, stop making it look like Russ and James are beggars

THE PRESIDENT: So you say they make $40 [million] a year?

MR. FERTITTA: Russell and James both make $40 million a year, and they were still getting paid. So a lot of my employees really wanted that PPP money.

THE PRESIDENT: You really have — you’ve done a fantastic job. Hey, you’re a friend of mine for a long time and —

MR. FERTITTA: Thank you, sir.

THE PRESIDENT: — I have to say, you’ve paid me rent for a long time, right?

MR. FERTITTA: Absolutely.

THE PRESIDENT: For Rainforest and some other things.

MR. FERTITTA: Never missed a payment. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: And you were never late. No, you’re a great —

MR. FERTITTA: You’re a tough landlord. (Laughs.)

THE PRESIDENT: — a great gentleman. Really a great gentleman.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

dobro1229 and D-rock like this.
  8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Sounds like some cost cutting coming soons(laugh). Good bye PJ and EJ

THE PRESIDENT: What’d you do with your basketball players that are making $25 million a year? (Laughs.)
    MR. FERTITTA: I have two of them that make $40 [million]. (Laughs.) Russell and James.

MR. FERTITTA: You know what? But I also was the first person that opened the leveraged finance market and went and borrowed $300 million —

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah.

MR. FERTITTA: — at 12 percent, where just three months earlier, borrowed at 3 percent because I needed the liquidity to keep the company afloat.

THE PRESIDENT: So, what’d you do? You went out very early, right? For the money? And you’ve — you found the market were — it was opened, even at that early date.

MR. FERTITTA: Yes. I borrowed $300 million to add to liquidity, but I still — it wasn’t enough to hire back all my employees, which I would have loved to have done with the PPP.

THE PRESIDENT: What’d you do with your basketball players that are making $25 million a year? (Laughs.)

MR. FERTITTA: I have two of them that make $40 [million]. (Laughs.) Russell and James.

THE PRESIDENT: By the way, they are good players.

MR. FERTITTA: They are good, but they — yes, they are getting paid —

THE PRESIDENT: Could I ask you, just out of curiosity —

MR. FERTITTA: — because it was a collective bargaining agreement, and that’s why

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Nope. I’ll continue to watch season 2 of Barry instead and reminisce the days when Les owned the team, and not this ass clown broke billionaire.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't they call them fake news?

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman will be on CNBC again today, said "Coming up next" but that probably means another hour.

Wonder what this big spender has to say today on CNBC.

I will SHUT AND LISTEN!

13. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Anyone hear what TIlman just said? I was on a conference call and didn't get to watch it.

Just heard the back end of it and they were joking that Tuesday is now "Tilman Tuesday"

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

15. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman expect everyone to feel his pain:

"“I think this is a time that we all have to work together. Everybody needs to be reasonable, and, once again, everyone needs to feel some pain,” Fertitta said. "

“Everybody has to be reasonable with everybody. I want to be a reasonable tenant, and I expect the landlord to be reasonable with me,” Landry’s CEO Tilman Fertitta said on CNBC’s “Power Lunch.”

Landry’s CEO Tilman Fertitta told CNBC on Tuesday that it is not “reasonable” for commercial landlords to ask for full rent payments from businesses that were forced to close due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“Everybody has to be reasonable with everybody. I want to be a reasonable tenant, and I expect the landlord to be reasonable with me,” Fertitta said on CNBC’s “Power Lunch.” “But don’t expect me to pay you 100% rent when I’ve been closed by the county, the city, the state, the government and you — because your mall’s not open or your facility’s not open.

The restaurant owner has also voiced concerns about how the government relief programs are impacting restaurants, asking the Trump administration to let bigger companies access the Paycheck Protection Program and criticizing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s proposal to add restrictions for government aid.

“I think this is a time that we all have to work together. Everybody needs to be reasonable, and, once again, everyone needs to feel some pain,” Fertitta said.

16. TilmanFinancialWindfall

It's not reasonable for Tilman to ask fans to pay full ticket price either or full restaurant meal price. Feel the pain

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is so ****ing embarrassing.

18. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman will be on CNBC in an hour for his weekly appearance on CNBC.

Tilman should tell Mike D and his players they need to dominate when the season opens up in July

Tilman's uplifting speech to players in July:

""You have to dominate, if you don't dominate you're wasting your time. They're going to run over you. You're going to look like a bunch of jerks."

Little Bit, D-rock and J.R. like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D Straight from his idiot twin's playbook.

20. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman on Morey's Hong Kong comment: "That's what make our organization and our Country great. We're allowed to say what we feel. I was disappointed at the reaction and the loss of Billionare of Dollars."

So Tilman now fully support Morey's comment on Hong Kong