1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Back pain experts - help needed!! [hurt my lower back... pain!!]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayZ750, May 16, 2020.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

muscle relaxers are for spasms (from my understanding) so it makes sense they didn't do ****.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sounds like what I used to go through when I was younger. Like I said, it takes 1-2 weeks to heal itself assuming it's not a ruptured disc. Mine eventually ruptured and led to sciatica and the slow deadening of the leg. Just be careful what you lift in the future. I think I may have taken Tylenol as a kid for it, but when it really didn't help, I just waited for it to fix itself. No weed. lol.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

doesn’t sound cool so I’ll definitely try to take it easy but of course I’m sure I’ll forget at some point. Or overdo something. Sad face.

4. likestohypeguy

Ah good to hear it wasn't something so serious, and a little herb did the trick. MJ is definitely the best (& most fun!) pain med for these types of aches and pains, inflammation etc. I hope going forward you never have a condition that requires something more, because in general F. big pharma!

Meanwhile just take care of that back, exercise, stretch, yoga, herb, meditation, repeat. Holistic ftw.

JayZ750 likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On the mj how much better are you feeling? I mean I'm sure it relaxes and does its thing but just curious on if you feel better standing/walking while on it? Sorry for the silly question here, I'm more curious as I've read mixed/good from some studies - depending on back injury, but I personally think it'd be nice, especially if you get a little mobility and can rest better

6. JayZ750

So there is immediate impact and long term impact both of which are beneficial imo. Immediate impact is you kind of just don’t care about it. Maybe the pain is the same, maybe it isn’t... who’s to say?? You’re high so who cares. Mind you this is THC impact not CBD.

There’s so so many different strains now that the immediate impact can also vary. On some I might actually have felt the back a bit more just in the sense that I’m high, I can really isolate and feel the pain.... but I also don’t care. On others it dulls the pain for sure immediately. I haven’t kept track of which does which.

My MJ supply is all legally bought and I have like 20+ different strains in smoke, drops, edibles, vape (though I stopped doing this... it feels weird to me, vaping issues last summer aside), etc forms. I should do a better job of keeping track of the different types of highs. For the most part i just keep track of indicas (Make you want to be a slug and do nothing but eat and watch tv or lounge in a pool or whatever lol) vs sativas (Can actually give you energy seemingly) and I also try and keep a little track of which ones give me the most munchies because it will seriously ruin a diet! Beyond that I just remember which ones I tend to just like more. Some highs just aren’t as good.

but from a pain perspective there are certainly some strains that are better for immediate relief and I am definitely not sure whether I have any of those or not.

then there’s the long term impact. Meaning imo, not as a scientist or anything, just doing a little bit over a week and more has a cumulative impact and is as much about CBD levels as THC levels. But I believed this before. I had run out but I supplemented with CBD for about 5-6 months beginning in September and it’s super subtle but since I ran out about a month and a half ago I subtly have thought to myself I think I miss that and it was actually just generally keeping my body in a lower inflammation state. I reordered early last week so am starting that up again... in addition to whatever I get from the mar1juana.

I’m not a doctor or scientist... but to me, with an age limit that makes sense, it’s insane that weed isn’t just automatically legal everywhere.... whereas alcohol, which as far as I can doesn’t really have any positive benefits ever over weed, is.

as I do not live in a legal state, it’s still difficult to casually talk about it. If someone says “hey let’s grab a beer” my immediate thought is “pass, but I’ll take a hit with you”. I haven’t had any alcohol in like 5 or 6 months. Don’t miss It in the least. What’s to miss about waking up with a hangover and feeling bloated? I did enjoy the taste of a whiskey or mice wine I guess. I’m not never going to drink again or anything. Just would rather get high. And as a lightweight with legal weed it’s like one hit, or half of the suggested dose of an edible, and I’m good for a few hours. Legal weed is strong.

too much info but maybe it helps. I definitely think it’s helping my back.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jesus, did you really mean "mice wine" or something like "rice wine"/sake? I googled "mice wine" and wish I hadn't.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks for the detailed reply, I knew about some of this but like to hear from someone actually trying it. I also completely agree on legalization.

On the CBD you're starting back up, in what form are you using it? sorry if I missed that.

Hopefully you get to feeling better soon!

9. JayZ750

lol. Nice wine!!! I’m not googling mice wine ever now!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Mice wine may have how we started this pandemic.

Never had cobra/snake wine though. If it's high enough proof it should be sterile.

11. Buck Turgidson

CBD and glucosamine and fish oil and joints and glasses of wine do help my joints and back. But I'm not as serious about the THC as
    @JayZ750 is. That's impressive.