1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade for Brandin Cooks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Apr 9, 2020.

1. raining threes

Was Tebow the QB?

Maybe you are beginning to understand the value of QB play in the playoffs.

BTW, the Broncos were lucky to beat the Steelers before they faced the Colts.

Nook likes this.
  2. raining threes

3. raining threes

Believe it or not I agree with you about WFV. Except last offseason.

According to a Dr friend of mine I disagree with you about Cooks.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

When are you going to sign Cooks? Now?

Or do you let him have fantastic year and do it then?

If you wait his new deal is could ironically be in the $17-$20 million per year range. Sound familiar?

When do you "Renegotiate" his deal?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Whoa Whoa Whoa ... Cooks is under contract for 3 more years (after 2020).

We don't negotiate, renegotiate or extend with 3 years left Brian.

sammy, desihooper, Nook and 6 others like this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What the hell are you talking about? Peyton Manning was the QB. You have your seasons messed up.

raining threes likes this.
  7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Agreed, the AFC South is a tough division.

Fantasma Negro and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Before getting snarky, how about doing research?

Cooks guarantees end after this season.

Rams are eating $21 million of his contract. Texans have him for $8 million this year. The Texans could cut him after this season and own nothing with no dead money. And if he performs, 3 years at $12, $13, $14 million is much that $20+ million for Hopkins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/texans...04/09/brandin-cooks-contract-cost-texans/amp/

#408 Mr.Scarface, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    sammy likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Thats assuming he doesnt concussed himself in any of those 3 years, and puts similar number to hopkins.

10. raining threes

They are going to spread the ball around. Nobody is going to put up the numbers Nuk did. Atleast I hope not or that means Watson hasn't improved.

11. Nook

Nook Member

To me it depends on the money amount. The concussion issue is going to stop Cooks at some point, the question is when. If he will take a deal with less guaranteed money then sure. I think that is possible because, although he is good, I don't see teams lining up to give him a lot of guaranteed money because of the concussions.

Fuller is a home run threat and can take the top off the defense, but what is his market value missing 40% of the season for for numerous years? Certainly less than the ten million he is making. If he can be kept for four or five million, then so be it.

raining threes likes this.
  12. raining threes

We are on the same page with Cooks. I try to sign him for 3 yrs 18 mil with 10 guaranteed to be paid in he first 2 years of the contract.

I dont know how much WFV is going to get or for how many years if he stays healthy and produces like I think he can. But I bet somebody will be willing to pay him way more than I would.

Nook likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y would u rather spread the ball to unreliable wrs, when u can just utilize an elite receiver creatively, less chance of errors and turnovers.

I guess this will force Watson to showcase more of his abilities, but if u don't have to why force it? It's not like we saved any money not extending hopkins.

Also y wouldn't u want any of these 2nd tier wr BoB signed to replace Hopkins to replicate his numbers? it would validate that it was a good move. (still sht returns)

14. raining threes

He wanted to have speed on the field at all times. I think you're undervaluing how good Cooks/WFV are. As far as Watson goes, the offense was too predictable with Watson/Nuk. IMHO It will be less predictable now and yes Watson is going to have to learn if the offense is going to be successful.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well let's hope BoB doesn't interfere and tries to retake the OC position back. His offense is the one that's predictable.

U do realize that everytime the Texans made a huge ass play, 90% its Watson pulling something out of his ass to make it happen and not something BoB drew up.....

I do think it will b interesting to see something new from the new oc, but im don't have high hopes.

Spacemoth and Fulgore like this.
  16. raining threes

I disagree about Watson and the 90%.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

100% Watson coming up with a random play loll.

Spacemoth and Fulgore like this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No way does Cooks play well next year and plays on a contract with no guaranteed money or agrees to a new deal way below market value.

King1 likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

welp