1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The criticism was that it wasn't a travel ban and it didn't have much impact. But Democrats did not - no one in the leadership and in fact I believe it was only one or two who said anything critical.

By the time it was instituted China has already limited travel, and the major airlines we no longer flying to/from China. Additionally, it did not stop Americans from returning to the US and the strain of the virus on the west coast came directly from China.

What would have been more effective was instituting mass testing of anyone coming into the country.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's the type of response expected from a clown, not the POTUS.

Houstunna likes this.
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member

Hidden here somewhere on page 161 is your answer.

the devil is always in the details and this post from txtony is the answer.

The sick part is it took this long. A slow moving train that they only just created the LLC on monday. While we are sitting here at home dude is making delaware companies. Not shady at all.

Pretty cute they already have 100 million mask order when entire countries cant get it. Sounds totally legit.

Not only are they seizing warehouses of masks, they are turning around and selling masks to/ from jared.
    It really is "their stockpile" I would love to know how much trump walks with per mask in end.
    Sounds like this virus could be a pretty good deal for trump err "blue flame" lol why not call it jedi/chewco/anacott and set it up in cayman/zug?

Thats the part gets me is they are so unimaginative. Color me shocked if you told me trump would be in on the masks. Single unit ,one time use, can buy one for 50 cents and can sell for 6 bucks per? Talk about printing money!

[​IMG]

the question is can trump and kushner sleep at night knowing they used a tragedy to make money?
    Yes.they.can!

Nook, SWTsig, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So now just have completely abandoned your point?

This forum used to be good for hashing out issues.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Vote them all out and then lock them up. You can cry witch hunt all you want, but it'll fall on deaf ear when you're back to screwing over minorities and declaring bankruptcies.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The travel ban obviously didn't even work anyway, it was the one directionally correct move the Trump Administration took amidst a catalogue of outrageous epic fails, and it was,s by itself, too little and too late (virus was already here at that point) due to the Administration s own inherent ineptitude (and no,not because they were afraid of being criticized by random Chinese guys or the WHO, that's not part of MAGAthink)

So, they get an F here instead of an F minus times infinity. Good job?

7. biina

biina Member

Which point has been abandoned? Were you not the one trying to pin it on the WHO head by selective quoting? When in truth, the statement given was fair at that point in time.

Trump is the one that has been, and continues to be a screw up.

Out of curiosity, (on a scale of 10) how would you grade Trump on the Pandemic, taking into account his entire time from his assuming office till date?

8. Bandwagoner

I was simply offering the WHO as someone asked when do the public floggings start. no part of my post graded the efficacy of Trump.

My personal attention was always at what were the CDC and WHO saying. Both of these entities get 0 out of a possible 100.

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Well it is kind of hard to stockpile N95 masks because they have an expiration date. The feds shipped out a bunch of expired masks to the states and basically said it is better than nothing. The elastic bands deteriorate and don't hold the seal properly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. hooroo

hooroo Member

on a hunch, i don't think kushner is profiteering. i'd guess it's more to do with a logistics nightmare. what we're seeing is an inexperienced guy 3 weeks in the job as the lead and trying to implement his own system which no one else is prepared for.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I saw something saying Montgomery county (Texas) got a huge shipment of masks that expired in 2010. They were so deteriorated that they were obviously no longer usable.

12. Bandwagoner

I was thinking about this months ago in Singapore. They had a huge national stockpile. I wonder if they rotate it or what.

Stockpiles are not really in fashion with on time delivery logistics in industry but obviously needed.

13. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

It's not even just the masks either... gloves and tyvek suits expire within 4-5 years as well. It's not realistic to maintain the size of stockpile you would need for a pandemic in this country and just rotate or throw out the expired ones.

14. Bandwagoner

I guess the market would not appreciate getting halfway expired PPE? Most of this stuff goes to industry that will use it quickly. I use a N95 mask once a week or so. A box of nitrile gloves.

Our stockpile is supposedly worth 7 billion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-meant-to-save-us-all-in-a-bioterror-attack/

15. IBTL

IBTL Member

Shouldve gone to jared!
    (Or will be going to now!!)

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

You are asking our government to manage a well operated supply chain system on items that expire in a few years. I wouldn't hold my breath. They order in massive quantitites and take partial deliveries because they don't want to interrupt the flow to hospitals, etc during normal times. Before an order is even completely filled half the product is probably nearing expiration. This might happen for a few years after this pandemic, but 5-10 years down the line when the next pandemic doesn't hit they will just cut it as unnecessary spending and what will be sent out will be 10 year old masks again....

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Unfortunately, Singapore has to use its mask stockpiles whenever Indonesia starts its slash and burn season, which is practically every year; so rotation shouldn't be an issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Asian_haze

18. Senator

Senator Member

Don't think you understand how much PPE went from countries around the world to China when it was you know... just a China thing. 42k healthcare workers and plenty of PPE.

[​IMG]

Then, the second wave went to Italy.

dachuda86 likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Working in the shadow for weeks with no transparency and accountability. We know states are not getting what they need and price went way up.... it’s a nightmare. And we here are guessing what’s the heck is this crazy arrangement. Someone is profiting from this crisis from this arrangement while we are not seeing good results.

You know Germany complained about modern pirates (the us gov confiscating their 3m order). MA order from China was also confiscated at a US port. I don’t know what the hell is going on, but the fed gov is confiscating these supplies and now they say they are pushing “supply” through a few distributors at apparently jacked up price. WTH is going on.

#3239 Amiga, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Two Sandwiches, joshuaao and ElPigto like this.
  20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This is not true. There have been no reported shortages. Only EXPECTED shortages. Big difference. Especially when dealing with ventilators, the government and the private companies' production responses have been amazing. But the media bypasses that, takes the most wild, exaggerated forecast, and then gets pre-mad that we are forecasting shortages in the future doomsday case. All the while, the needs are currently being met.

One trick the media uses to scare people is to focus exclusively on the forecast model. Exponential growth! Millions dead! They don't tell you the assumptions, nor do they do any hindsight analysis of their prior claims. No accountability. Just throwing bombs and running off hoping to land a political shot. And most people, especially the emotionally-driven thinkers, fall for it every. single. time.