1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

I agree. But let me ask you this...which station asks the most leading questions from their guests?

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd say CNN, but haven't watched much Fox.

It's also easier for CNN right now because the president did screw up not taking this seriously soon enough.

They both LOVE to push their agenda though. That's for sure.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I've always admired BBC news for a reason.

RayRay10, No Worries and Houstunna like this.
  4. jcf

jcf Member

So, if you "spout a barb" to someone today, and they turn out to have the virus, that makes you a bad person?

Stay tuned. And hold yourself to the same standard.

Corrosion likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

ingraham is a bad person... but not just because she made fun of two brothers, doing something brothers do...

Twitter: Laura Ingraham tweet broke rules against coronavirus misinformation
    Ingraham tweeted praise for hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug championed by the president as a potential treatment for the virus.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/30/twitter-laura-ingraham-coronavirus-misinformation-155731

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. jcf

jcf Member

I wish you both could just give it a rest. You disagree. Ok. There are trials going on right now in NY, presumably with serious cases who have agreed with informed consent (I hope and believe.).

Could you spend another twenty posts bickering about who is more evil and who supports the CCP and maybe even what should have been done given perfect information and perfect judgment. (Unpopular fact: Actually, I am somewhat surprised to find that I agree way more with Dachuda here. Now is not the time to score political points. Now is not the time to point out obvious flaws. Do this later when the facts are in and this is hopefully over.)

I know my judgment goes up exponentially after-the-fact and with the benefit of hindsight. I wish some of y'all would give our various leaders, both at the federal and state level, a little break. Republican or Democrat. Now apply that thinking to your parents, your kids, your friends, your co-workers.

How many of us have people that mean a lot to us who are behaving crazy (to us) in the face of this? How many of us who are parents have turned away their kids who went to Spring Break or just won't follow social distancing? Or worse, parents who are acting inexplicably?

Newsflash: most of us are not blessed with perfect information, perfect knowledge or the ability to make the perfect decision on day 1. I know I would not have known what to do on day 1 or day 10. I am sure my thinking would change (I sure hope it would) as advisors (whose thinking also evolved) weighed in with different or stronger opinions. Having different positions over time in an unprecedented emergency is not only normal, it is what we should want.

I am at the point that I don't care so much about whether the way Trump speaks offends me or not. I find myself rooting for Trump. Period. Because I am rooting for us. I want us all to do the right thing. I want our nation to come out of this well. And I believe Trump is listening to his advisors and is trying his best to do the right thing here.

The time for judgment is November. At that point, everyone can and should weigh in regarding your beliefs. Or donate money to the candidate of your choice if you want to make a statement now.

And this is a message board, and you can do whatever the heck you want. But my word, I am sick of this debate.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I will check them out.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not really sure what your point is. I am attacked for supporting the CCP when I haven't defended once. And I think it's important to not overstate the potential for something that has not gone through trial yet.

As for criticizing the president and leaders - I think it's completely fair game. There's a difference between a lack of perfect information and just plain terrible decision making. You are showing your cards here.

If you don't want this debate to continue then don't participate - there are plenty of other threads for you.

Isn't a little hypocritical to complain about one person attacking leaders, but defend another person attacking leaders because they are on your side?

#3029 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have a feeling. I mean if I really had to bet on it Trump doesn't really care if people die. The only thing that would make him care in any way would be if it had a negative impact on him.

I may be wrong. A more than decent chance. But if I had to bet all of my money on it I would probably chose him not caring. He just doesn't really seem to care about anyone unless they are of use to him in some way.

11. jcf

jcf Member

I think you miss the point.

You are consumed by "side" to the point that you assume anyone who disagrees with you is on the other side or is the enemy. That just isn't the case.

I really think there is only one side right now at least as it pertains to this crisis.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Same kind thinking in this Twitter thread but what's uneasy is the level of support for the crackpot

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, you are projecting.

What I want is less excuses. You need to defend Trump, I get it, you're a big fan. But it's stuff like this that needs to be called out:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/31/pence-task-force-coronavirus-aid-157806

We are in desperate need of PPE and yet we sending so much - in the tons - overseas and still sending it because of incompetent organization.

The right needs to embrace information and knowledge - the truth. The truth isn't an unfair attack. It doesn't mean people hate the GOP. The purpose of the opposition is to oppose - it's for the good of the country that this information comes to light. It's suppose to keep an adminstration honest and doing things right. This is how democracy works.

Your criticism of criticism seems to be protectionist of something else. And now you too have engaged in a personal attack.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think it's fairly easy to confirm whether hospitals in hot zones are overloaded given the amount of unprecedented number crunching services and datasets there are in a day's time. Whether lives and infected are actually saved...The president has all the numbers for Billy "low" Barr to low ball or outright lie with his "summaries". That's always been the cognitive dissonance for internet operators like O'Keefe to contort and obfuscate.

Things change when immutable facts (AKA lives) are posted. Red hatters are slowly switching between this 2 month old "overblown liberal hoax" Trump/Fox meme to the new rage of grasping for reasons why the current situation isn't Trump's fault. Frankly though, I don't like the reporting that goes into Trump's **** up at times. Every word is oozing of "I told you so" without them outright saying it.

Im no numbers nerd but it's them American hatin liberals behind this, dadgummit!! They false flaggin to steal my guns and Christmas. I can smell it.

But yeah, it'd be easier for the nation to untie behind a common shared truth. I doubt it with elections coming up.

#3034 Invisible Fan, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

My view is optimism because I am familiar with this drug. Not telling anyone it is the leading candidate so there is no error. Even then it is not dangerous because I am not a doctor and don't pretend to be. People have to go through a doctor to get thia medicine anyway. You are an online troll at this point... arguing just to argue.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I never said that. You must have me confused with someone else. I have taken this seriously since January.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I was already distancing at that time. It is not my job to call for it bro. Certainly not encourage crowds. Get over it. PELOSI is too woke to think.

18. biina

biina Member

You are familiar with this drug in what context outside of Malaria treatment? Unless you are familiar with it in the context of treating Covid19 (or at the least as an antiviral) your familiarity is useless.

To give an example, current evaluations is suggesting that Ibuprofen not be used for Covid19 as it seems to aggravate it and the fact that most of the US is familiar with it as an NSAID is of no relevance

Your posts are dangerous cos you present misleading information e.g. presenting an unapproved use of chloroquine like if it was FDA approved.

BTW not every country requires a prescription to get access to Choloroquine. Acess to prescription drugs are less restricted in a lot of 3rd world countries.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No one is advising them to take it. There is ultimately personal responsibility about the drugs we take bro. You are making up problems at this point. Unless you have anything new I will continue my optimistic feeling and wait for more studies. And my familiarity with it involves lupus. I know how it works in this regard and I know how it works with other problems because I read. Not claiming to be an expert but I doubt you know why this medicine would be considered for treatment of CCP Virus. Some of the literature I provided explains that btw. You should read past methodology and look at why medical experts are considering it. You shouldn't just ignore one side like you have been doing. There are more studies coming and I can't wait to see the results. Let's hope for the best.

Fyi a pharmacist I know has been trying to get it and too her colleagues. They are experts who seem to understand why it could work and they were using it at protection. Doctors have been as well. No one is suggesting you take it though. I hope you stick to your doctor's advise should you get this illness.

Also stop acting like people cannot have opinions on something medical related. This is dangerous and closed minded thinking. You can and should form your opinions on medical issues. You going around like a little censor robot because we are not doctors is pathetic. No one is telling anyone to do something dangerous. And people ultimately have freedom and can express their ideas and people do not have to listen to them. You assume everyone is an idiot and push the position that we should all just shut up for their safety. Sorry... not buying it. If someone is dumb enough to drink fish tank cleaner so be it.

#3039 dachuda86, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  20. biina

biina Member

You still fail to grasp the basic issue I have with your posts.

I have nothing against you having an opinion about Chloroquine or any other medical topic, but said opinion should be presented accurately and be well qualified. It sould not be misrepresented to seem more positive than it is in reality.

When you misrepresent medical information, particularly at a time of global incurable pandemic, when people (including medical practitioneers) are likely to grasp at anything that they think might save their lives or loved ones, then such postings are irresponsible and dangerous.

Unfortunately that is what you have been doing with your posts on Chloroquine. That you cant seem to appreciate that is the part that is difficult to grasp.