1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Story That Didn't get Much Coverage: White Supremacist Planned to Blow up Hospital

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 30, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't think that at all. I do think there is reason for Bernie supporters to not trust the DNC after 2016, but I don't want to confuse the conspiracy of the DNC rigging against Bernie vs. Batsh$t crazy nonsense like QAnon that Trumpers bathe in for their fantasy worldview. Bernie folks have reason to be this way for sure, but I think in 2020 as Bernie supporters have some time to wind down, and take a step back, I hope that knee jerk reaction is pulled back a bit & cooler heads prevail.

I certainly don't want to antagonize Bernie supporters (my wife being one), but there is a reality to Bernie as a candidate that I do want folks to keep in mind. People that voted for Biden didn't do so out of mind control. We made that choice with ALOT of thought, and I would hope that choice will be respected and understood eventually.

2. biina

biina Member

Then you have my sincere apology.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I have no idea how old you are or if you have children. I have one son and do my best to find friendly places especially amidst this hate chaos. Even if it is just a parking lot it is better than nothing... I need the exercise...

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Caught him and killed him.

Only thing better is if he was tortured before the killing.

Some people deserve heinous things happening to them.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to give the impression that this is non-stop hatred. There are many incidents and it's worth being careful. I wouldn't let that stop you from going out and taking your kids for exercise.

I don't have kids but if I did I would still take them out, just make sure to keep safe distance. I was talking to my dad who lives in Hong Kong a few days ago and he's very concerned. He's very concerned about where the US is regarding dealing with COVID 19 and with attacks on Asians.

6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Is it true that North East ethnities are attacking and hating on South ethnicities because of where the wet markets are concentrated? Wet markets are very common in South East Asia it seems.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

One less Trump supporter to worry about.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you talking about within Asia? That I haven't heard but it could be possible. Yes wet markets are more of a SouthEast Asian thing due to the weather. There are though wild animal markets in the northern Provinces of the PRC. Wildlife smuggling is a big problem in provinces like Heilongjiang which is the northernmost province and borders Siberia.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just boys being boys

11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

At a time like this we should all stick together..Even compassionate outsiders...

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Fixed it for you.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

On immigration .... Isn't the racial aspect somewhat happenstance and more related to the proximity of hispanic countries south of our border than actually being race related ?

It is a fact that most who enter this country illegally are brown be they from Mexico or one of the Northern Triangle (El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras) countries that are now the largest source of illegal immigrants and those are the people who people say are being discriminated against.

And lets be honest - 48% of legal immigrants in 2018 were hispanic .... The fact that they make up the biggest chunk of legal immigrants kinda shoots the "anti-brown" theory down.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I find it weird that you actually want to go down this rabbit hole.

Did Trump not run on “building a wall” with a campaign littered with race baiting and demagoguery? Did he not say things like “why can’t we have more people from Norway and not shithole countries in Africa”??

Was the entire 2018 Republican midterm platform built around the infamous “caravan”?

Dude... it’s about race with Trump. Yes he infuses anxieties of blue color workers who have seen their jobs shipped to countries south of the border but in the end it always comes to one thing.... BLAME.

So vote for Trump if you buy into the policies of blame and discrimination. If that’s what you are into go for it. I would say that you are more likely to get better trade and immigration policy from ANY Democrat who MUST work alongside progressives who want better trade policy for low income worker protectionist policy than you will with any Republican who buys into the southern strategy for campaigning on race fears, but their policies ALWAYS allow for more corporate freedom to lay-off workers and ship jobs overseas.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wet markets seriously need to be banned permanently. But white nationalists should not take this as an opportunity to spread their hate - just look at the thinly veiled racist threads in this forum