1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Story That Didn't get Much Coverage: White Supremacist Planned to Blow up Hospital

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't agree on the DNC biases. That was definitely a fair criticism in 2016. In 2020, Bernie has less support than he had in 2016. He simply didn't have enough support. DNC was mostly irrelevant. And Bernie is himself part of the DNC - he played a pivotal role in changing the DNC rules after 2016.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's funny how Fchowd said basically the same thing about Trump vs. Biden on healthcare, but you gave him a completely different reaction.

I listed out all of the policy self interest areas, and you paid no attention to that. The fact that I only admitted to voting for Biden creates a visceral reaction regardless of what I say on the matter.

I share many of the same concerns about Biden as most Bernie folks do as well. I obviously don't like that he's touchy feely in 2020. I don't like that he's not as sharp as he used to be. I don't love that he voted for Iraq. I don't love that he likely has taken money from healthcare execs and credit card execs.

However in the end, I still seriously weighed Biden vs. Bernie and in the end I DECIDED Biden was the better choice to both win in November, gather enough of a coalition in Congress in his first term to pass meaningful legislation, and put in place many incoming Democratic leaders who could establish a good base of solid political leaders for decades to come.

If Bernie won the based on my person interests Bernie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> over Trump on EVERY issue.

if Bernie would have won then I would NOT have been spending every waking moment convincing everyone that Bernie is the devil, and suppressing his voting support because I have self interest in Bernie winning over Trump. Why the F this is the complete opposite with folks like yourself who are obviously trying to suppress support for Biden at this point just doesn't make sense to me... IF your true interest are being voted on.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

because i wasn't happy with you at the moment...

also, that's my point. you and the dnc should figure out why i feel they way i do instead of attack me or vote shame me. figure that out and win fackers!

4. dobro1229

Haha... Okay.....

I also think folks like yourself should realize that there's not the big secret society "DNC" that creates some sort of Edward Nigma thought control device that makes me vote and support whoever without question. It's insulting to folks who are painted as sheep by Bernie supporters who cannot fathom the thought of not being Bernie or bust. Bernie folks especially need to internally take a look at Bernie and maybe realize he's not the superman candidate you guys think he is. He's not the messiah figure some want to believe he is.

He's pure... yes.... in a way. (He's not perfect on every vote though ala guns) But he's VERY VERY VERY flawed still. Why is that? Are there other Bernie progressives that would be better at the lead than Bernie? These are questions that should be asked of Bernie supporters as well.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

how dare you... :p

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is no thought control device. It's all about lobbying and having more clout where your views are disproportionately shared in the mainstream news media along with having more money for ad space and "think tanks" that publish biased economic studies. Third Way is a prime example of a massive think tank that the DNC supports that is compromised purely of WallStreet bankers. The media is the conduit that makes Americans have opinions whether it be mainstream cable news or YouTubers, some form of media is what convinced people to hold certain opinions.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I apologize. I've allowed my own thread to be derailed into another Sanders thread.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. dobro1229

Respectfully I think you are giving the DNC, and the MSM WAAAYYYY too much credit. If there was this much coordination & control I believe Kamala Harris would have been the candidate. Early on she was actually groomed behind the scenes, and alot of the big donors originally planned to back her, but for whatever reason THE VOTERS just didn't buy her.

Hell... Nobody was a bigger oligarch in this chain than Mike Bloomberg, and in the end we found out that even he didn't have a grasp of what the voters actually thought, or wanted. He sure as hell couldn't influence the way he wanted to.

I would just respectfully disagree with the perception that there is this much functional understanding or control of voters that Bernie folks seem to think "The DNC" has. It's actually a pretty dysfunctional "establishment" if you ask me.

I am sympathetic to the diehard Bernie supporters who are looking for answers though. He got the chance this time that he didn't really get in 2016, and it is probably easier to think that he was a victim again instead of realizing that voters really did pick Biden on their own free will after putting a TON of thought into their decision. Look at the evidence of how people like me kept on flipping from Kamala, to Warren, to Pete, to Amy, etc. etc. We were obviously looking for better choices for months, but ultimately Biden was the pick for many other reasons other than "The DNC" or the MSM telling us what we should do.

dmoneybangbang, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. dobro1229

A good deal of my fault. SORRY!!

10. biina

biina Member

So you are one of the people we should thank for the **** storm the country is going through now cos we have a toddler in office?

11. dobro1229

Sorry.. I missed the part where I voted for Trump.

FYI I voted for Bernie in the primary in 2016, and then acted like an adult and voted for Hillary. In 2020 I DONATED to Elizabeth Warren, and then the day before Super Tuesday ultimately made MY CHOICE to vote for Biden.

Yes I would have voted and supported Bernie if he would have won the nomination. So what?? I vote in my self interest. I don't get spiteful and emotionally out of wack just because my primary pick didn't win.

WTF are you talking about?

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I think you're misreading him. It sounds to me like Dobro is saying that he would support Sanders if he had won the primary. He wouldn't do what he sees as essentially voter suppression of Biden if the positions where flipped because he want's to see Trump defeated.

Dobro please correct me if that isn't what you meant.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't know if this thread can ever get back on track but can we agree that this story of a White Supremacist planning on blowing up a hospital didn't get the coverage if deserved?

14. biina

biina Member

Did you vote for Clinton?

15. fchowd0311

I do find it very ironic that multiple posters who have called me conspiratorial for stating that the DNC has biases and enough clout to sway mainstream media content are claiming that the Joe Biden's accuser might be a secret Russian asset.

"Irony" is the right term here right?

16. dobro1229

Did you read?

88% of Bernie voters voted for Hillary. Are the large majority of Bernie voters the reason why Trump is in office too under your logic?

17. dobro1229

Who said that? Sure as hell wasnt me. It should be looked into and if Biden has to drop out because it’s found to be disqualifying I’m fine with that.

Seems more likely though that it would be a Bernie or bust person that would plant false accusations out there IF they are false since he would likely get the nomination if Biden dropped out. Russia... eh. I think they are more invested in the Hunter Biden nonsense.

Every woman should be heard though and this accuser has a right to speak just like Blassey Ford, Summer Zervos, etc. have been able to.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

It wasn't directed at you particularly. Sorry if that is what it seemed like. I would read the Joe Biden accusation thread where many posters are implying that she might be a Russian asset and yes many of those same posters have called me a conspiratorial nutcase.

19. biina

biina Member

Those that didnt vote for Hilary are part of the reason that Trump won.

So did you vote for Clinton?

20. dobro1229

Yes as I clearly wrote like 3 posts ago.