1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Story That Didn't get Much Coverage: White Supremacist Planned to Blow up Hospital

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As someone who is used to being attacked by pretty much everyone on this board at one point or another, may I give you this piece of advice? Learn to let attacks roll off you like water on a ducks back. If you stick to making coherent arguments without getting emotional, you'll be far more effective, and far less stressed.

ipaman likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There's no "fault" per say. You vote in your personal interests. If you vote for Trump or third party to help Trump then you are voting for one way of governing vs Biden which a competely different governing philosophy.

If you don't vote for Biden you are obviously voting for these things:

-Further pro-life agenda, anti-choice
    -cuts to "entitlements"
    -completely free market healthcare system, no more ACA protections or Medicare/caid expansions
    -Anti Climate Science
    -Continued tax policy to support the rich/trickle down economics
    -racially discriminatory immigration policy

So you make the choice to serve your best interests in your vote. I don't blame you for anything if you vote for Trump or against Biden, but I would just urge you to look at your self interests. Are you a billionaire oil executive who doesn't like brown people?... well then you probably should vote for Trump.

If you support Democratic policy points but you are just convinced that Biden is the devil because The Hill convinced you he is unfit because he stutters.... well you are free to not vote for him, and suppress voter support for him in favor of Trump if you want to.... but you are most likely voting and propagating voting suppressing against your own self interest.

But you cant fix stupid so you are free to do what you want.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you think I'm insulting you, then I don't think it's possible to have a cordial conversation about this subject matter. I would hope our years of cordial conversations and agreeing 90% of the time on principles would net some benefit of the doubt that I'm not insulting you.

You have successfully been convinced to vote against your own interests and principles. I know your posting history. From it I can conclude that:

You are against the Iraq War. Joe voted and defended the war for multiple years, Bernie never supported it.

You were against the repeal of the Glass-Stegal act in 1999 signed by Clinton and voted yes by Biden where Bernie was ademenently against it.

Throughout history Bernie has been on the right side before hindsight and Joe wasn't.

So tell me how did you reach the conclusion of voting against your principles and interests?

4. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

He has defended the CCP, no need to apologize. Check his posting history. Numerous posters pointed out CCP lies to him including myself and he refused to condemn them.

ipaman likes this.
  5. dobro1229

Then what does that say about Bernie if Bernie couldn't convince me he's a better candidate than Biden is? Maybe... just maybe.... Bernie isn't all rainbows and sunshine himself.

You are reciting the Bernie supporter greatest hits on Biden but you forget that this has been said again and again, and still voters realized that hey... we also remember that Joe Biden was Barrack Obama's VP. Funny that you leave that part out. People remember that he also led the charge on gay marriage and many other supposed "liberal" policy issues that freaked out the Right enough to want to vote in Donald Freaking Trump.

I'm not going to convince you to fall in love with Joe Biden.. I get that. Hell I don't love Joe Biden.

But read what I just wrote about voting in regards to self interest. Over the next few months every freaking Trump supporting media source will try and convince you that Biden is worst than Hillary, and your only choice is to stay home to protest, vote third party, or vote Trump.

I get you are upset because you supported Bernie but dude... lets be adults about this.... and please stop insulting my intelligence that THE EVIL DNC somehow brainwashed me and many other voters. You are continuing to insult my level of engagement and intelligence.

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

Are you seriously using Obama chosing Joe as his VP as evidence of his progressivism?

Obama chosing Joe was 100% a political move to convince blue dog "I have reservations of electing a man with Hussein as a middle name" Southern and Midwestern Democrats to vote for him rather than abstain from voting or voting for McCain.

There is nothing inherently "evil" about the DNC. The DNC is made of humans and humans have instrinsic desires. You and I would probably try to hold on to as much power and increase that power if we found ourselves as DNC party leaders. It's human nature to maintain the status quo if the status quo greatly benefited you. Nancy Pelosi is a prime example of this as the majority of her fortune came from insider trading using her husband as a middle man. Why would she be on board with proggesive ideals such as eliminating the revolving door between politicans and corporate board members? It hurts her self-interests.

It's the naiveness to believe the DNC is made of altruistic individuals who "deeply care about the systemic problems hurting the common American family" that is frustrating.

#66 fchowd0311, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

suprise, suprise, i disagree!

it would be biden's fault for not exciting me, for not convincing me but like you many dems will blame or shame me as stupid. also i've described in detail many times why i dislike biden. one last time, he's now incompetent and his treatment of women/girls is disgusting. more specifically he has said he would veto medicare for all which policy wise is a deal breaker for me. but it's my fault, not bidens okay...

8. dobro1229

Actually in a way yeah.... Joe Biden's legacy is tied to Barrack Obama waaayyyy more than it is tied to his vote in the 80's or Iraq. It's far more recent and far more impactful. Sorry but that's the truth.

Can I ask you a serious question???... what are you trying to achieve here? Texas already voted. That vote is cast. What would you like for me to do to prove to you I'm a REAL progressive, and that it is possible for actual progressive minded voters to actually choose by their own free will to vote for Biden over Bernie?

What can I do for you on this? Do you want me to not vote for Biden now in November because you've convinced me he's secretly a corrupt insider who wants to get us in another multi trillion dollar war, and take away our rights & entitlements? What is your real objective here?

9. dobro1229

Shocking that you would misrepresent the facts here. So are you all the sudden a proponent for Healthcare Expansion? Because you do know that if Biden doesn't win vs Trump, the ACA provisions and expansion of that bill likely goes away. Trump is currently arguing in court to dismantle the entire bill and leave the US population with no bill for healthcare protections.

Here's the facts on what Biden said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...iden-was-asked-if-he-would-veto-medicare-all/

"It's Biden's fault for not exciting me".....

Okay... I didn't know that politicians are now supposed to be circus ring leaders. My point was about self interest, and of course you pivot to entertainment. Again... I can't make you do anything. Your vote is your right.

What I am free to do though is call out the fact that I believe 100% your arguments are not in good faith.

10. fchowd0311

I'm not asking you to do anything besides trying to convince you that people are not exited for Joe Biden and are only chosing him because of "electability".

Like I said time and time again, We live in a two party system that makes us chose between a turd sandwich and a turd sandwich with less turd. Having no choice, I'll vote for the turd sandwich with less turd. You don't have to worry about me. I despise Trump as much as you and my posting history speaks volumes to that.

My only "agenda" here is to convince some posters who are open to paradigm shifts to understand the DNC party leaders are nothing but self-interested elitists just like the vast majority of high political positions.

Also, knowing my posting history as we have interacted quite bit for the past half decade, do you peg me as someone who is prone to conspiracy theories with little skepitism?

All you've convinced me here is Joe is a reactionary. He only was comfortable in endorsing marriage equality after it reached near majority popularity in the United States. Bernie has been advocating for it for decades.

Biden is reactionary on almost everything. Voted for the Iraq war and defended it until the war wasn't popular. Voted and defended the repeal of banking regulations that were key in creating the 2008 crash and now supports more banking regulation.

He's a hindsight candidate. He's not a leader and flies with the wind on his principles.

#70 fchowd0311, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    ipaman likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

"I'm simply asking others opinions on why the stories were prepared and delivered differently?"

Opinion was given.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. ipaman

Bro... I've said 1000 times I'm a Bernie guy and big reason is his health, education, and drug policy. Those reasons are why I push so hard for him. imo anything less then medicare for all is wrong. from my eyes, i see no difference between trump and biden on healthcare period. that said, you don't have to reply to me, i'm done with you because you don't read, i'm constantly repeating myself, it's annoying.

13. ipaman

ditto

14. Amiga

Supporting Member

Are you trying to blame the DNC for Bernie losing the primaries?

15. fchowd0311

I think this is wrong also.

I know Joe Biden will at the very least ask for medicaid expansion that will help thousands of Americans. Under Joe's desired system, there will still be medical bankruptcies and people having no insurance but relative to Trump, it would be less. It's a gradient.

Hence why I'll still support Biden over Trump. To me it's rational. I just want people to understand that Joe Biden neo-liberalism isn't sustainable in the long run and I hope people in the next election cycle become more wise to that notion. That's all I can ask for now.

Saying that Trump and Biden are the same is also on the other extreme end.

dobro1229 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Do you ONLY blame Russia for Hillary losing?

Bernie lost due to many factors including DNC biases.

ipaman likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where have I defended the CCP? This is such a bad lie.

And this whole, "if you don't condemn them you support them" is b.s. Let me see you condemn white nationalism every time I demand it or otherwise you support them!!!!

18. Amiga

Supporting Member

if you have a problem with listening to other opinions, don't seek other opinion.

dmoneybangbang and ipaman like this.
  19. dobro1229

No I don't which is i'm sincerely wondering what we are arguing about.

Reg your 2 Party point: There's only a 2 party system because of the consolidation of the right with the Republicans. It's their strategy to keep power following their experience with third parties (the reform party). Keep in mind Bernie is STILL an independent. The Democratic party is basically three parties all in one which is why there's so much in-fighting.

People remember Ralph Nader including Ralph Nader who now aligns with the progressives and supports Bernie. He'll never admit it, but you can tell in interviews he's still haunted by the outcome of his campaigns. Him and Bernie were, and are very similar, but there's a reason why Bernie didn't run third party like Nader did. I frankly respect THE HELL out of Bernie for not doing what Nader did multiple times.

Yes... NOBODY like a two party system. Why do you keep bringing that up as if anyone on the left doesn't wish for a perfect world with a dozen wonderful candidates from every walk of life. When in actuality that's kind of what the Democrats had in the early primaries. We had everyone on that stage. You had a quirky author, a super smart tech startup guy, an independent Ralph Nader type, a gay mayor from a red state, and then a Democrat that everyone knew... .and guess what.... that Democrat is likely the nominee. Not sure what else you want from a variety perspective.

I don't know what to tell you. But what I can tell you is my decision was MY DECISION. The DNC did not manipulate me. Bernie was VERY MUCH a real choice I thought hard about.

20. ipaman

respect... and honestly i can agree with you. i'm a father with two girls and i just have a really hard time getting over biden's treatment of women and young girls. folks here try to blame me and vote shame me for that but i'm being honest. maybe it makes me irrational but is it my fault that biden acts the way he does? who knows maybe i could vote for biden. i have said previously i could if he picked the right vp like a bernie or a warren but that hasn't happened yet so we'll see. but then again, folks here think that candidates don't have to excite or convince voters.