1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

#1 You said your girlfriend and family... so you are breaking quarantine for more than one person.

#2 I am married. If for some reason we lived in separate places, no I wouldn’t break quarantine... you have skype and numerous other methods to communicate or you could have moved in with her.

Everyone breaking quarantine tries to justify their reason for doing what they want.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One thing is sure, Nook is relentless.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. HTM

HTM Member

1. I actually never said anything about hanging out with my family. I haven't been. I can have the court reporter read back the transcript if your memory is faulty.

2. Oh, look at that, what a surprise. Sanctimonious @Nook asking for a sacrifice from others he isn't asking of himself. That's a real shocker. But, don't worry, I've been assured that if he had to he would make that sacrifice. :rolleyes:.

3. You have no idea how old/what life circumstances effect the relationships of your fellow posters or their SO. "Moving in with them may" not be an option for any number of reasons. Congrats on being old and in a position in life where marriage is the norm. My life circumstances haven't allowed that. You could approach such a person from a position of empathy but just being an a**hole is more your style. I do love the irony of, "Hey, you and ure misses need to separate" *sits on porch holding hands with his misses*

4. Apparently since I still see my SO, I'm not allowed to post in here about any topic. That's not an unhinged a&&hole opinion or anything.

5. There is no mandated quarantine you dolt. I'm social distancing. I see my apartment roommate and my SO, the occasional other persons I need to for food/supplies. I'm not worried if I explained what I'm doing to Dr. Fauci or other medical professionals they'd chastise me the way your judgmental a** does.

6. There are somewhere around 10,000 restaurants still operating in this city, however many gun and liquor stores countless other businesses that have conned/lobbied their way into an "essential business" designation. Bringing, likely, millions, of people into unnecessary contact every single day. HTM though, seeing his SO, that's the problem.

swoosh1014 likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting data, by US county, on how people are or are not curbing their normal activity, just based on cell phone tracking. (scroll down, click to go by state if interested).

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard

And @HTM, not worth it. Don't take it so personally. Everyone gonna have opinions on what others should do.

I think my damned neighbors should STOP their loud-ass construction project, where three laborers work shoulder to shoulder jack-hammering in a basement. Why are their families and communities not important in social distancing? Gee, because they are poor and Mexican, perhaps, boujee San Francisco?

But I can only control what me & my fam do, if even that. LOL.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a tough time for everyone, do not let this get to you.

It's still the experience that counts on a bball forum, well there is the political section of it.

But try not to take it too seriously what other posters say when things are boring otherwise.

Houstunna likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

I’m not surprised. Middle America is always late on what’s going on. Hawaii doesn’t count cause their ISO game is on another level.

B-Bob and Mazulis like this.
  8. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

The N95 effective only if u see one patient at a time, u should wear new mask for second patient. Now MD personnel wearing one mask all shift.Not enough PPE in New York as well.

Exiled likes this.
  9. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Come on America, we're supposed to be better than this. This is what happens when politics trumps science.

Hospitals are threatening to fire health-care workers who publicize their working conditions during the coronavirus pandemic -- and have in some cases followed through.

Ming Lin, an emergency room physician in Washington state, said he was told Friday he was out of a job because he’d given an interview to a newspaper about a Facebook post detailing what he believed to be inadequate protective equipment and testing. In Chicago, a nurse was fired after emailing colleagues that she wanted to wear a more protective mask while on duty. In New York, the NYU Langone Health system has warned employees they could be terminated if they talk to the media without authorization.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ctors-they-ll-be-fired-if-they-talk-to-press?

#4989 Cokebabies, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Miracle and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're worried about something trivial. Why would I respond to any of this? This is a pee-pee game I am not interested in playing. Malakas gave you a temperature, go use that information to save the world, genius.

11. Nook

Nook Member

blah blah blah justifying breaking quarantine because you are selfish and ignorant.

Go back to rationalizing and living in your bubble. Just don’t be surprised when people call you out on it.

12. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I figured you had nothing.

Just another sanctimonious ass*ole on the internet telling people what to do/not to do but not asking the same of himself. Those sacrifices are for the other people. :rolleyes:

swoosh1014 likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Where's your hood?

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

So basically, Asia is the only mask user.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Blah blah rationalize... go back to your bubble.

I am quarantined dumbass.

16. HTM

HTM Member

Quarantining is obviously not the sacrifice being referenced but I guess you’re not clever enough to pick up on that.

17. Major

Major Member

I don't have a problem with this - these people are making the hospital administrators' lives more difficult in middle of a crisis. It's not like hospitals are just choosing to not protect their people or trying to get their doctors/nurses sick. They are having to make difficult decisions with limited resources and have an overwhelming amount on their plate as-is, without having to deal with news organizations contacting them about what 1 doctor or nurse said. These doctors and nurses are experts at what they do. But they are not administrators and don't know the details of supply chains/etc or the bigger picture situation, or what problems they cause by going to the media. If they have a problem with the equipment, they go up the chain and hopefully a good administrator would explain it. There are better options than firing, most likely, but we also have no idea how many times these people were warned or what their responses were or anything else leading up their firings. But beyond that, there is an element of trust needed in a crisis environment. The public needs to trust the government. Patients need to trust doctors. Doctors need to trust their administrators. Everyone is working towards the same goals.

This is the same problem all these youtube videos of civilians trying to act like doctors, doctors trying to act like epidemiologists, etc. Let people who are experts in their field do the jobs they know how to do. If everyone is substituting their layperson knowledge of a topic for expert knowledge, this whole thing will fail.

18. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I’m going to take a contrarian point of view (which I rarely do with you.....I always think of you as the voice of reason). Sure it’s a headache for hospital administrators, and in many ways, it’s not their fault. But I think the public needs to know just how flat footed we’ve been caught by this. The more the news matches the reality, the more likely we as a society will be willing to pay the price to to boost our healthcare. And I gotta admit (this is pretty cowardly of me), but if I spoke out against a situation that was life threatening to myself and my colleagues, and my punishment was to be taken out of that situation, I’d feel pretty good about it.

elrond, arkoe, Cold Hard and 4 others like this.
  19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Methods to kill a virus during a worldwide pandemic is trivial ?!!

Your nose is so far up your *******, you defecate mucus.

INSIDE the loop !!!

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The crazy thing, I think, is that in a crisis like this, hospital admins have to worry about legal hazards in a situation where there is NO WAY they can properly protect and inform everyone. They will be vulnerable to lawsuits from patients, EMS drivers, doctors, nurses, orderlies, cleaning staff -- you name it. I have to think this is part of why they'd prefer their staff to keep their heads down and complain internally.

(I could be totally wrong. I don't work in a hospital, and I'm not a lawyer either.)