1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

A Story That Didn't get Much Coverage: White Supremacist Planned to Blow up Hospital

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 30, 2020.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you know damn well "libs" are establishment. you trying to say establishment is with bernie? give me a break.

also i don't have to explain myself to you, frankly it's insulting. that said, i know exactly who i voted for twice and additionally, i voted for beto as well vs cruz. do i agree with everything they say, hell no! but no matter, still voted for because i had my personal reasons to do so. the reason you don't beleive is exactly the problem with the dem party. people like my (my vote counts too) are sick of them and support candidates that excite us, we don't support the party. you can't seem to understand that and again imo that supports my believe that establishment has ignored/forgetten people like me. and trust when i say i know i'm not alone but they don't care. you know, side story, i wrote several letters to beto campaign and told them in short, i'm voting for your movement but stop the take your gun bullshit. that's going to make you lose if you keep focusing on that talking point. i told them, "winning" would be way better than "being right" and i preferred beto listen to some of his supporters like me and try to win. they didn't and they lost very closely. cruz used his "anti rights lib" talking points every chance he got. beto could argue the only reason he got close was that position and i would strongly disagree. it's the reason he lost a close race imo. but like you they would rather be "right" then "win" and that's mind boggling to me. it's a losing strategy to pander to the very voting block (young people) who don't vote and ignore the independent, older, moderates, who do vote. that's an issue i've myself had with bernie at times and have written their campaign about. for years, i told bernie campaign to fight the labels thrown his, to fight back hard instead of taking the higher road. only recently (too late it seems) he started to do so.

back to votes, dnc choosing biden i think is a ploy to secure those older voting mods which on the surface is smart except they picked a shady, piece of ****, creep. warren, pete, klobuchar, all would have gotten my vote if they were the nominee. but they're out... it's crazy the same thing happen last time as well. i was a bernie guy but i told everyone, i like warren, webb, as well so long as it wasn't clinton... that's two elections in a row where the dnc nomimee will be my "so long as it's not x" situation for me. it's very frustrating.

-edit-
    i don't know why i'm wasting my time with you but watch this if you want to understand your vote shaming and blaming. give you an insight from other sources exactly how i feel. i implore you, watch the full vid.

#41 ipaman, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is complete BS. Why the hell do you think this gains you some sort of credibiliy around here where we should take you seriously because you say crap like this? We all know you wouldn't in a million years vote for Elizabeth Warren, or Mayor Pete... BUT BIDEN... OMG BIDEN... TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!!

Yeah... you are full of crap. You are 100% a Trump MAGA diehard who is posing as an independent to gain some sort of credibility to troll for a deeper argument then you would have gotten otherwise.

Nobody should take you seriously.

(FYI, actually donated to Warren, my wife voted for Bernie, but now says she wishes she would have voted Biden, and I almost voted for Bernie, but ended up making the decision on the day of to vote for Biden like thousands of other voters on Super Tuesday. It was the voters like me who decided it was the right choice... the DNC didn't do sh$t to change my vote. You would know this if you were an actual Democratic voter, and not a Trump troll).

dmoneybangbang, TheFreak and RayRay10 like this.
  3. ipaman

You think you're sooo smart and yet you couldn't be more wrong. Pathetic, but I'm not surprised you marginalize me like the Dems/Libs since that's exactly what has happened for the last 8 years.

Many people who think like Houston's own Saagar Enjeti and myself. Libs or independents who think Biden is a joke because he is.

i mean this is embarrassing,

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all know you are going to vote for Trump, so give it a break.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. ipaman

Hey commie!, never have and never will!

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Aren't you the one to "claim" to have supported Bernie?

You sound very confused.

8. ipaman

HAHA, please... Bernie is no commie like you. But keep labeling and shaming.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Isn't "commie" a label and attempt to shame?

10. conquistador#11

Economic anxiety?

11. ipaman

no it's too describe your pandering and defending of the ccp. i'll use another if you can provide me one.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The DNC convinced you about electability over policy/rhetoric. That's what they successfully did for millions of DNC voters hence why there is a large divide between policy opinion polls and the preferred candidate amongst the DNC electorate.

The issue here isn't an isolated bubble of just the DNC but decades of red scare tactics that materialized into existence the sentiment that nationalized healthcare leads to communism. It's a unique opinion that only Americans believe in mass and that unique opinion didn't form from nowhere.

Decades of insurance lobbying buying out politicians on both sides has harmed the proggesive movement from going forward.

I'm a life long Democrat voter and I share some of the resentment the party that ipaman has. Is he posting in bad faith? I have no clue but how do you explain me? You know my posting history and know I'm not a MAGA cultist who portrays himself as a independent.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I've never once defended the CCP. You have me confused with someone else.

14. ipaman

i might and if yes, i apologize. i've been attacked from all sides here lately, hard to keep track of everyone.

15. Buck Turgidson

Definitely the grittiest.

16. dobro1229

Again... WE ALL voted for him. Thousands of us. The good majority of LIBERAL voters. So obviously "Libs or independents" do not all think Biden is a joke.

And when you poll ALL voters, Biden consistently polled higher than Bernie, Warren, and Pete. So no... you are factually wrong here. Biden is actually quite popular. You are posting videos from the Hill (notoriously right leaning) from commentators I've never even heard of.

It's just not reality dude. It's pro-Trump propaganda meant to soften the voter support for Biden just like the Russians, Fox, Trump, etc. were able to do with Hillary in 2016.

Biden is a perfectly okay candidate. He's not Obama of course. He's not giving speeches like MLK, but there's a reason why the majority of VOTERS voted for him. They know him, believe he's a good man, know he's going to make good decisions, know he will staff his admin with very strong Democrats and some progressives from the Bernie wing, and know he'll pick a MUCH MUCH MUCH better Supreme Court Justice than Trump will if RBG decides to retire.

Is he a great speaker... no. Of course not. But we know that. The whole "he's unfit because he stutters or makes gaffs" is nonsense Pro Trump propaganda meant to suppress voter support.

The fact that you are doing this mean you are either a Trump troll, or you are a really really really petty Bernie Bro who needs to grow the F up.

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  17. dobro1229

I'm sorry but this is insulting. The DNC didn't do sh$t to convince me of anything. Who is the DNC anyways? Did Tom Perez call me directly... no.

I made my own choice thank you. I don't know why Bernie supporters just can't get it through their heads that someone would actually make a choice to vote for someone other than Bernie without some sort of scheme happening, but its the truth. The conspiracy that someone Bernie is victim is complete garbage. I love Bernie, but I CHOSE BIDEN in the end even though I tried really freaking hard to make the best choice.

Please do not insult me and the other thousands of Democrats who voted for Biden when we put ALOT of thought into Biden vs. Bernie.

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  18. ipaman

I disagree with just about every point you made but that's okay because you acknowledge in your own post you are uniformed. More important, your choices to categorize who am I couldn't be more wrong. You're missing a category but that's what I've been saying this whole time so not surprised.

Just answer me a couple of questions, if I don't vote for Biden will it be my fault or not? If not, whose fault will it be?

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

First the Hill isn't "notoriously right leaning". They are center right with a high factual reporting rating from independent fact checkers.

Second, just like how many DNC voters abstained from voting for Pete because they thought of their conservative neighbor who might be against voting for a gay president, many DNC voters held their nose and voted for Biden because they were thinking of their never Trumper Republicans.

It's a massive difference between how DNC voters and RNC voters chose their candidates. The vast majority of RNC primary voters couldn't give two ***** about electability outside their base. DNC primary voters do and that especially is the case this time because of the "anyone but Trump" sentiment.

Biden isn't a perfectly okay candidate. He's a life long neo-liberal who voted for the Iraq War, supported Clinton's deregulation of baking practices and authored the crime bill. In the grand scheme of things where we didn't have to resort to a two party system of voting between a turd sabdwich and a turd sandwich with less turd, Joe Biden wouldn't be considered a "good candidate".

#59 fchowd0311, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Amen, I am so sick of Bernie supporters telling me how I have been manipulated.

I voted for Bernie in 2016 because I thought then he had a better chance than Clinton.
    And I voted for Biden this time around because I thought he had the better chance.

Problem with Bernie is he didn't seek to build a larger coalition of voters. He stuck with his positions and that stubbornness is why I picked Biden this time around. Even AOC isn't happen with the lack of coalition building by Bernie. And Bernie lost because the young folks didn't come out and vote.

Instead it has to be this alternative narrative that people were manipulated to vote for Biden. Give me a break.

RayRay10 likes this.