1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fauci disappeared?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He is an incredibly self absorbed narcissist. While I don’t think he wants save American lives, he also cannot get past doing what is in his immediate self interest and boosts his ego. So his own character flaws result in hurting people, even if he doesn’t set out to do so.

I do believe this was his best presentation in years. He laid out what he has done, why he did what he did and gave examples of the thought and work that went into his decisions. Honestly I thought he crushed it. He came across as optimistic and largely measured and let his experts answer the appropriate questions.

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Wow, what an ALPHA move. He said he had the best people but the fakenews media won't give him any credit, but that's ok because he is a great leader and the PEOPLE know the truth - fauci is the 2nd most expert disease guy!

#62 saitou, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

totally agree w you, and I’ll say it as promised: on the 30 day extension, good for Fauci, good for Trump. Had to be an incredibly difficult conversation and more difficult decision.

if POTUS was truly moved by body bags, I may have to slightly modify my view of him. But let’s see if he’s patient enough to slog through all of April.

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

...or maybe he's just setting us up for one hell of an April fools joke.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile trump supporters continue to attack Dr. Fauci...

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

7. NewRoxFan

Dr. Birx has been the "glass half full, sunny side" deliverer of news which I am sure makes her more popular with trump and his defenders. My honest take is she is trying to deliver a message that trump will consume but is at least approaching the truth. Both her and Dr. Fauci are probably the two most people that stand on that stage... the rest, including trump and even pence could easily stay in their white house offices.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that they should have the biggest platform. I dont get the hate they recieve.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

btw, that isn't much of an "attack", and hardly compared to what the trump supporters say about Dr. Fauci...

That's hardly comparable...

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I had never heard of this guy before you started retweeting him. There are more about Birx as well but I am not interested in searching tbh. I am trying to maintain a more positive vibe.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

well, I owe @rocketsjudoka and others an apology.

I thought it was irresponsible and useless to report on the far right's attacks on Fauci, but now, according to the NYT, the feds are actually having to order him extra security detail after a number of death threats. :(

That's right, boys and girls, people in our country is threatening to kill a 79-year-old public servant who just want to share knowledge with the public and save lives. All b/c they fear he is a "deep state" operative with purely political motives (all worldwide medical data be damned, apparently).

****ing hell but people can't handle the 21st century.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Tough situation. On one hand she is lying. Trump hasn’t shown even a basic understanding of the pandemic or how it works. No one with a straight face can say otherwise.

On the other hand, she knows the risks and knows the President was flirting with disaster. Attacking or criticizing the President will not work. He is notoriously thin skinned. So praising the President is likely the best way to steer the President toward listening to his experts. Accordingly I don’t think she should be overly criticized, she has a reason for her actions.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't owe me anything. I would've rather I'm wrong and we didn't have people threatening to kill a 79 year-old public servant who just wants to share knowledge with the public and save lives.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

In traditional Trump fashion, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Trumpanzees, police your own for the safety of the country. Thanks.

Nation's top coronavirus expert Dr. Anthony Fauci forced to beef up security as death threats increase

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's top medical expert on the coronavirus pandemic and a member of President Donald Trump's coronavirus task force, is facing threats to his personal safety and now requires personal security from law enforcement at all times, including at his home, a source confirms to CNN.

A law enforcement official told CNN that the Department of Health and Human Services Inspector General, the agency's law enforcement arm, asked the US Marshals Service for assistance following threats to Fauci. The Marshals then deputized HHS officers to act as personal security for the doctor.

The Washington Post first reported the threats to Fauci and the increased security.

A source also confirmed to CNN last week the presence of several members of the Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police Department stationed at all times around Fauci's home in the district. The source added the stepped up visible police presence was a response to growing threats to Fauci's safety, though the source of the threats was not identified.

During the White House coronavirus task force briefing with reporters on Wednesday, Fauci was asked whether he or White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx, who also serves on the task force, had received threats of any kind or whether they had been assigned a security detail. He said he was not able to answer.

"Anything that has to do with security detail I would have to have you (ask your question) to the inspector general of HHS," he said, referencing the Department of Health and Human Services.

Fauci's response was quickly interrupted by Trump, who stepped up to the podium to say the nation's most visible infectious disease expert doesn't require protection.

"(He) doesn't need security, everybody loves them," said Trump. "Besides that, they'd be in big trouble if they ever attacked."

However, as Fauci's profile in the pandemic crisis has grown, so has the concern for his welfare. Fauci's guidance to Trump for the country to remain as locked down as possible to help control the virus spread has not earned fans among some fervent right-wing voices.

Fauci was among the health advisers on Trump's team encouraging a continuation of the current guidelines after the President heard from business leaders and some conservative allies that the restrictions were more damaging than the virus itself.
    In fact, Trump's decision to extend those guidelines came after Fauci and Birx gave a strong presentation with the new models that showed 100,000 to 200,000 people could die, a source familiar with the President's decision told CNN.

"You don't make the timeline, the virus makes the timeline," Fauci told CNN last month when asked about how long the novel coronavirus could affect daily life in the US.

"You may see in a relatively shorter period of time, when you're seeing the inkling of the flattening and coming down," he said in reference to slowing the speed of the outbreak. "But you know, you can't make an arbitrary decision until you see what you're dealing with. You need the data."

FranchiseBlade and FrontRunner like this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Please search, I'm looking for the worthless preening huckster quotes to go along with the death treats.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I give Trump credit for now listening to the experts and extending the national stay at home order until the end of April at least. Doesn't mean he didn't **** up earlier, but this is at least one positive thing.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This goes to the other thread "You can support Trump". We should credit him for when he does the right thing. I think he deserves a lot of credit for signing the Phase 3 stimulus bill and helping to overcome resistance in the GOP. I was honestly worried he would delay it or fight it because of the clause in it preventing his family business from benefiting from it.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many times in your lifetime have you heard of hospitals overwhelmed and unable to provide support, equipment or testing because of so many flu cases and car accidents?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

theirs nothing wrong with caring about the economy.... it’s actually pretty damn important.

and Dr. Fauci is still up there handling business and giving the president the info and also giving amazing answers to important questions.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

never....

but who the hell saw this coming because whatever party you side with none of them did.

hell when trump banned travel to China in January a lot of ppl called him racist. Now doctors and scientists are saying that saved 100 of thousands of life’s.

it’s a scary time right now but the American ppl are strong as well as the whole world we will get through this and be even stronger and hopefully united as one.