1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else having cabin fever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 23, 2020.

1. GIGO

GIGO Member

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Sounds like you live on a large property with big yardage.... Plenty of room to run around...

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

it’s only a quarter acre. Some of the stuff is in the garage which we don’t use for our cars but is rather 2/3 a play room. There’s also a play room/ kid room inside. Backyard has trampoline and pool. I put in fake grass a whole back because we had a situation where the dogs tore up grass over and over and it was just mud. But fake grass is pretty nice so there’s a decent enough play area between trampoline and pool to set up games (Eg cornhole, whatever). Then we snuck gardening in all around that (and honestly it looks fantastic right now. Sad to “miss” such great weather out and about, but the backyard garden is getting love. Central TX/Austin is just so so much better for gardening than Houston or much of TX imo.

We’re pretty cramped inside - 6 people, pets, 3k sf. Cost of living close to town... but it’s not a problem with the kids this age. When their teens though I suspect they’ll be pissed they don’t have more privacy or places to escape. Outside is maximized but feels like an oasis and not cramped at all. I spent like 8 hours this weekend just putting around in the backyard - gardening m, throwing balls, playing games, swimming (well watching kids swim... 79 water temp is too cold for me), etc.

But honestly my “dream Job” wound be to own a nursery ... so it’s my kind of thing to do. In quotes cause I’d also like to be a professional nba player or jeff Bezos (but not a dick...) lol

Nook likes this.
  5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Just try a different position from the KAMASUTRA every night. Boom problem solved.

Deckard and Nook like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Best use of that song...

8. Nook

Nook Member

You left out fat. I have let myself go and have packed on the pounds... and the affluent part is likely gone as well now... but I get your point... and agree divorce, domestic violence and assaults are going to go way up.

9. Buck Turgidson

10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Tough to do when you and your partner exceed a quarter of a ton in combined weight.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Smoking weed has made social distancing and staying home a lot more bearable IMO.

whiskeyred likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

No more "puff puff give"

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

14. Buck Turgidson

The pot people in Austin are pissed that the CBD/hemp stores were deemed "nonessential" while liquor stores are still open.

“I’m curious why Austin singled out CBD retailers as nonessential when Dallas and other cities have not used the same wording,” said Leah Lakstins, founder of Austin Hemp Tours. “These products will remain available at big-box stores where vulnerable individuals are at higher risk than at the boutique shops they are currently visiting. Most shops are the size of a liquor store and just as easy to clean.”

My main takeaway from this article is that there is a company named "Austin Hemp Tours".

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Another day, another fight

Nook likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Most annoying thing my wife does is the need to have every freaking light, fan, or electronic device on at the same time. That and never listening to me when I tell her pretty much anything.

Quarantine has been rough!! If we make it through this, we can make it through about anything.

Hakeemtheking and RKREBORN like this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Question for the married guys: How do you put up with dishonesty? Not talking about cheating or anything like that, but little white lies?

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

****ing weird.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I tell them all the time. Mostly to avoid an unnecessary fight. Sometimes 'what she doesn't know won't hurt her' kind of deal. I'm talking about really earth-shaking lies like "no, I didn't delete that show from the DVR, must have been the kids" or "no, I didn't fart....it was the dog....I heard it."

My drums are in storage and I haven't touched them since early March. Can't take it anymore, so I just bought a cheap beginner electronic kit from Amazon and told my wife it was "for the kids."

Hakeemtheking likes this.