1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Contrast the FL governor's approach to the NJ Governor's approach...

AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

That is a good question. It is my observation that the South has seemed to be slower acting than other areas of the country, but that is just anecdotal.

As far as who isn’t practicing social distancing, there are psychological profiles of the type of people less likely to obey the social quarantine and that crosses all political lines.

I think it is a bit simplistic to say Republicans don’t practice social distancing and Democrats do. I do think there is some cultural norms that likely vary by region but that is about as far as we can go.

I heard most of my Republican family members and friends really down play the virus early on (but you also posted Democratic law makers that did) but most of them are somewhat practicing social distancing now. I think they were just parroting political talking points early on.... I also suspect my Democratic friends and family could be violating the orders and hide it.

At the end of the day social pressure and government action can help limit violations.

Rashmon, RayRay10 and Astrodome like this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Well if we are drawing lines like that, it seems that the blue states are faring worse when it comes to # of cases. Exponentially worse.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe I am just an *******... but at this point just beat them with stick in the middle of the road until they pee themselves and then put them in the middle of town with pillory punishment.

RayRay10, Corrosion and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Cases are worse in New York and the surrounding area because of the number of flights into NY from around the world, the number of tourists and a very dense population base. It would be shocking if NY wasn’t the worst.

ElPigto likes this.
  6. biina

biina Member

Trump is America's Nero - narcissistic, greedy, dishonest, vindictive and vicious.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't worry. Red States are catching up bigly, to the extent they are testing (they're not).

Special shout out to Texas for an epic testing fail in the biggest testing fail country on earthbtw. One of the biggest, richest states in the country with a huge medical infrastructure rounding out the bottom 10 in terms of testing. H/T to Governors Abbott, Perry, and Bush and the Texas Republican party.

Your years of hard work in getting the government out of people's lives is paying off!

#1207 SamFisher, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Rashmon, No Worries, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

well and how many damned tests have red states run exactly? People are still taking these case numbers as pure reality.

is @what ’s sad story from Brenham even in the TX stats yet? That’s just one of our regulars here. There will be more, sadly.

RayRay10, Nook, AleksandarN and 2 others like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I know of one more in Texas.

I know of three in Pennsylvania that haven't been reported. These are people that are hospitalized.

This is the story all across the country. The numbers are being kept down, for sure.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only because they are doing exponentially better at testing. Once red states test, we'll see that change.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

This is by political design. It's becoming more and more obvious by the day. Especially more and more as the Oompa Loompa in Command starts picking fights with blue governors and touting how they aren't doing anything for their people (as they claim Washington interference).

I wish people could see through the thin veil. If we're going to politicize it, let's lay it out there. We've got a President that cares less about his constituents dying and more about getting re-elected.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This mother ****er is the reason people at ford have to get weekly normal masks and they sent out a guideline for turning people away

https://amp.freep.com/amp/508570200...rNBW72mpSimckOAfaKoupjVhT2bc22uzQvlcXcZ7Kp5bg

This is criminal. To his supporters, it may not be your family that is impacted yet but it may one day be

Nook, B-Bob, FranchiseBlade and 2 others like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

The more people see this, the better. They'll realize how terribly the government has handled this and they'll also realize how important it is to stay home.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I bet it blows your mind that West Virginia was the last state to have a case. There are probably about 20-30 people in the whole densely populated state that have a passport. Full of jet setting opiate and meth heads going for business to Hong Kong and their beach homes in Cabo.

Bravo man. You’re really breaking it down for everyone here.

CometsWin likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

@Astrodome i don’t think you deserved a response that nasty, BUT a bunch of us are frustrated b/c people, dads, moms, grandads, granmoms, are dying and will die that didn’t have to die. That’s as frustrating as it gets.

and following existing rule books, following the science, not downplaying the threat, would have helped a lot.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have had to get onto some people for not following the guidelines. There seems to be a lot of folks participating now. That 18-25 faction of the country will be the last to go along. I am not sure i wouldve at that age in retrospect.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

2000 and counting. Doubled since Thursday. Not looking good. At this rate we will pass Italy by sometime next week. Ducking sad. With all of the technology and innovation.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Says the guy who called the travel restrictions racist .....

19. Senator

Senator Member

If there were 1 billion testing kits available domestically, and each person could get tested every 7 days, then you could look at testing stats.

Right now you can only look at critical, ICU and deaths to get an accurate picture of the curve (rising fast).

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Deaths has doubled in two days