1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

thank you. This ain’t complicated, @ipaman . Dude has no leadership ability. All about his ratings. We have a pandemic and he wants to counterpunch critics instead of talk plainly and answer a legit question.

he’s not even worth our time and should sit his narcissistic ass down and let Fauci talk to Americans.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So much irony in what you just posted, both on calling out BS, and in respect and manners. My guess is you didn't see that irony...

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

He would be trying to play it to make money as guys like him did during WW II.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I saw the stock question maneuvering. Trump sneaky did it first, then the reporter did as well. I know what you think about Trump's sentence construction, I'm curious what you think about the reporters exact method? I think both are wrong for "withholding" facts like names in their question. Also, should be noted, he did praise Feinstein several times as an honorable person later. So that was interesting.

5. ipaman

he had already answered specifically and exactly that question. i'm watching, are you?

6. B-Bob

that’s a load of horseshit and I wish you knew it.

media doesn’t have to tiptoe and “earn” respect of PUBLIC SERVANTS. Besides, your dude only “respects” a human who lavishly praises him.

good lord.

7. ipaman

could care less, only one group has a job to inform the american people en masse.

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Man, I should know not to respond to idiots like you that have to resort to name-calling, but here goes since you're trying to create your own narrative about the press creating narratives. You sound like a Trump fan-boy:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live...-house-virus-task-force-briefing?srnd=premium

Angelica LaVito Health-Care Reporter angelicalavito
    Fauci says any evidence that chloroquine helps treat Covid-19 is anecdotal and he can’t make “any definitive statement” on whether it works. Trump quickly follows by saying he’s “probably more of a fan than anybody.”

Justin Sink White House Reporter justinsink
    We’re seeing a real tension between Fauci (who is warning not to read into anecdotal stories that SARS and coronavirus patients are experiencing relief from the malaria treatment Hydroxychloroquine) and Trump, who continues to suggests he’s excited it could be a game changer. Trump says he is “a man who comes from a very positive school” and says the government has ordered millions of units.

Trump denies his desire to put a positive spin on things is giving Americans false hope. “I feel good about it,” Trump says, adding that he’s a “smart guy.” But the president acknowledges Hydroxychloroquine might not work for coronavirus treatment.

“What the hell do you have to lose?” Trump says of giving coronavirus patients Hydroxychloroquine treatment.

Trump says he agrees that chloroquine “may work and it may not work.” He says he “feels good about it.” While some doctors are trying the drug to treat patients, officials like Fauci say it needs to be tested in a clinical setting.

Trump attacks NBC’s Peter Alexander, who is pressing Trump on his Hydroxychloroquine booster-ism despite experts urging caution. Trump says Alexander “ought to be ashamed of himself” and mocks NBC parent company Comcast as “Con-cast.”

This is the second consecutive press conference where Trump has shown obvious annoyance when asked by reporters about growing fears among Americans. Trump says his message to Americans is that he believes the country will come out better, and that the virus spread is not their fault.

Fauci says the president feels optimistic about Hydroxychloroquine, but as a scientist, he feels that while making it available, we need to collect data to make sure it’s truly effective and safe. He says any drug has some toxicity, so he’d like to prove his suspicion that it will likely be largely safe.

Trump’s frustration with the lengthy drug approval process is on full display today. He keeps saying he feels good that chloroquine will work as a treatment for Covid-19. Fauci says that as a scientist, you need to make the drug available while testing the drug to ensure it’s truly effective and safe.

CNN’s Kaitlin Collins presses Trump on his treatment of NBC’s Peter Alexander. Trump again tees off on journalists, saying without evidence that reporters make up sources. “Coming together is much harder when we have dishonest journalists,” Trump said.

BaselineFade and T_Man like this.
  9. ipaman

see my other reply, he had already answered that question when it wasn't loaded. this follow up was because was being an optimist period. i'm watching live. athletes respond this way all the time because many reporters are scumbags.

10. B-Bob

I said he ain’t worth our time and I want to hear from knowledgeable or inspiring people, so: NO.

I tried listening to him yesterday and it was pathetic narcissistic xenophobia again. Done w him, and so should be my fellow citizens.

11. ipaman

you wasted your time posting this, i'm watching live saw it all including their live reactions... like i said, my opinion, there is no discrepancy between trump and fauci. they come from a different perspective of course, and i want some optimism on top of facts.

JumpMan likes this.
  12. ipaman

not watching!, then imo, your opinion on this press conference is disqualified.

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Here's what a real leader would say (and I despise Pence):

Pence tells Americans to not be afraid, but vigilant, and that the risk of serious illness to the average American remains low. His answer is notably less combative than Trump’s when asked the same question.

AleksandarN, joshuaao and T_Man like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Perhaps trump and his supporters have gotten away with this for so long now... but its the president's responsibility to address the American people. The reporter asked an appropriate question... in fact, a softball question. trump chose to make it into a childish and petty spat in front of the American public, concerned about the global health crisis.

AleksandarN, T_Man and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Tony with the mic drop...Trump then nods to Pence to start kissing ass again.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ipaman

i should add, i think he is a poor leader and speaker. dude has a 4th grade vocab, i've said that for years. but that has nothing to do with shitty reporters. that's my beef as i'm watching this press conference.

17. NewRoxFan

Because of course, there haven't been reporting on and even video clips of the press conference.

18. ipaman

i agree with you that it is childish but where i come from, that's how i roll too. you try to put disrespect on me or my family, you gonna get dealt with some words. period. wanna be civil, then let's be civil. wanna get hood, then let's get hood. that's how i roll.

19. NewRoxFan

Finally, a person in the press that trump can like...

20. ipaman

clips don't give the full context imo