1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Never Cared About Global Warming Until This Current Winter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Mar 15, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@MadMax
    One day long ago I saw you question global warming on the fact that humans are saying we have altered climate in the face of Mother Nature or God. I ate that up until this winter. It was hot. We have got to do something

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't remember asking that, but I'm old now and I forget a lot of things :) And I don't think there's any question we ought to be doing more to address it.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Never thought I'd have to call my AC repair guy in the middle of March but here we are.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

More sunlight and heat probably better for resisting illnesses.

Silver lining of the day...

justtxyank and pgabriel like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Global Warming is a hoax! And buy land in Greenland like Trump!

justtxyank likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Greta Thunberg has gained a powerful ally.

justtxyank and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Of all the issues that a person could consider. Coming to the idea that all of the scientists in the world are wrong is very hard to wrap my head around. It’s very hard to break that party line grasp in this country when industry puts money towards propaganda.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well we have a Republican S. Ct. appointed by millionaire senators who are virtually totally beholden to bribes paid by multi-millionaires and especially billionaires. A few billionaires largely control the media that makes money off the bribes (campaign contributions) and their buds on the S. Ct. find it all "Constitutional".

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Regarding Climate Change and Covid:

Keep in mind that the continual issue with these new viruses seems to be Bats. Bats being more and more in contact with human livestock, and vegetation mostly. This is likely a climate change issue as climate changes have caused bats to move to new environments and humans encroaching on areas that are forcing us closer and closer to a species we probably are never meant to interact with.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Or people handling bats for unnecessary reasons, like for food consumption.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Scientists warned for years about a global pandemic because it was just a matter of time really.

Hopefully, this event makes us realize that maybe we should listen a bit more to scientists when they speak about things they dedicate their lives to study.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That's a reality that countries like the US/UK/etc. have to have in forcing countries like China to get serious about food preparation & consumption changes. That's separate from many other cases. It's actually quite rare when it's direct bat to human. H1N1 was caused from a bat interacting with pigs where the human livestock was in areas where bats were too close in proximity.

Obviously both areas are important when it comes to preventing future pandemics. Singling out Asians (IE: Notion that Stupid Chinese people feast on bats like potato chips) with racist tropes doesn't really solve anything.

Climate Change affects us in numerous ways, but there is certainly an angle to think about with our current pandemic. Maybe this time it was due to one idiot taking a bite out of a bat (unlikely but just for kicks), but the key issue is human beings interacting with Bats to begin with which correlates with frequent climate change issues like Species Displacement.