1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Olajuwon play in todays game ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Feb 25, 2020.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's pretty neat that Hakeem has beat all HOF's Alex English, Magic Johnson, Kareem, James Worthy, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Barkley, Drexler, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Shaq, and Kevin Garnett in the playoffs.

saleem, Jake Tower and RustyHarden like this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Would Mike DAntoni play him?

3. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Absolutely. He could run. He could pnr. He could shoot. He could shake defenses for clean shots.

So long as everyone else could shoot threes on the team, he would be a great fit.

Most importantly, he could defend amazingly well, meaning our net rating would only further increase relative to today’s team. Hell, I think our 95 championship team could play in the current league.

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I never understood why it was so common for everyone to downsize Hakeem. Bc webber said he was his size? Maybe other 7ftersIf were over listed.
    If dwert is 6'10 in shoes, 6'9 barefoot measurement this offseason. Then Hakeem is easily 6'11.25 to half in shoes at his older age now. With those 90s shoes, easily hits the 7ft mark or just shy of it IMO.

5. stilldr34amin'

I think it’s cus he said in his autobiography that he was 6’10ish? I think I remember reading that but it’s been 20 years since I’ve read it..

csj likes this.
  6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

You kidding me? A 6'10'' big who can shoot, run the floor, and protect the paint? Is the earth round? Wait - don't ask Kyrie