1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Prepper Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rimrocker, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

during just past 3 months:
    2.6 millions Chinese + 700k in the US on average had died from non infectious communicable diseases, the only effective prevention that doesn't exist is to stop ageing

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Where is best place to store gasoline? I kept it in barrels in my car trunk but was told it's dangerous to do so. Do they allow it in public storage places?

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely agree, I think there's no harm in having some kind of plan, I mean when the CDC states this:
    "Business leaders, Schaffner said, should start considering which employees could work from home. Perhaps the time will come, he and other experts said, to observe religious practices and ceremonies at home, rather than attend larger community gatherings at places of worship. And families should start asking themselves how they would handle a week or two at home, without traveling even short distances for food, medicine or entertainment." - I am definitely planning on having the minimum 2 weeks for the family on food/water/meds etc. If we're wrong and it blows over, just cycle the stock. I think the most concerning thing is just how many things we take for granted are to come by suddenly (food/water/meds/even masks) in these situations. I'm not some conspiracy theorist but some extra planning could make things a lot easier if this does go sideways.

I mean what's the worst thing that happens if it turns out to be nothing? You have food you'd have used anyway and can just rotate it out (just like you mentioned).

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is true too... And aging does suck

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You should watch that documentary series "it's always sunny in Philadelphia" - in it they covered exactly how to store gas.

Or.. keep it in your neighbors car's gas tanks, they can't claim it's stealing if you filled it up originally and then "borrowed" some later - I mean it's exactly like a savings account/insurance, you can then use it when you need it.

Rashmon likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah, but what's that got to do with anything? lol. We are animals. Animals have a natural desire to live. Wanting to do our best to prevent sickness / increased risk of premature death is just totally normal.

A doctor calling recommendations (taking precautionary measures, making preparations in an attempt increase your chances of avoiding the disease through means you can control) "fearmongering", is potentially dangerous, irresponsible and just odd considering his job.

I think comparing it to the flu is also bad, the death rate for this is significantly higher than the flu.

Then topping it off by insulting Americans, saying 80% of the people in this country are fat assholes you see at Walmart is just a gross snooty comment.

I'm with RimRocker, that opinion just sucks, but it was just him bullshitting with his cousin, not an actual professional recommendation, so no harm done, but if a patient ever knew their doctor felt that way ... would probably be concerned.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yep. Because if world war Z I already gave myself aids too

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Be careful with storing gas for long periods. If you do store the ethanol free gas.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

12. REEKO_HTOWN

13. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure he speaks differently to his patients than he does to me. He is extremely blunt to me.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Do you have any elderly neighbors? If so I would store in in their garage. You can always over power them if necessary.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ha noobs. That's why I get Coronoa Light. So if I do get the Coronavrirus, it's just the mild version of the strain.

CCity Zero, King1 and basso like this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

As part of my prep I got an 8 ball of each

17. REEKO_HTOWN

You think that's a joke but in the streets dealers sell out of everything right before a hurricane lmao!

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

So what are you going to do Sunday when you run out?

19. KingCheetah

I do not think it's a joke.

20. KingCheetah

Withdraw.