1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the first time since 2017-18 that I feel the Rockets should win every game they play.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 25, 2020.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why do you just make **** up? You can look this up before you post it. Last years rockets shot 40% from the left corner and 42% from the right in the playoffs. Against the warriors it was 40% from the left and 55% from the right corner.

Harden top of the break 3 against golden state was 35.5% and Chris Paul was 36.7%.

You can’t just post blatantly incorrect stuff like this when it’s easily verifiable.

Reeko, D-rock, topfive and 2 others like this.
  2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

You can't expect the possessions to be the same from last year since last year cp3 had less turnovers than westbrook.
    You can't expect the rebounds to be the same because last year's team gained more rebounds with capeala and nene : (
    All that said, you can't expect the three point percentage from last year to remain either.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

CP3's time with us was great, especially his first year here.

I do think that Westbrook's relentless attack to the basket adds a variable that we certainly didn't have before, and it matches perfectly with Harden and our other outside shooters.

If MDA is to be believed, then we could get even more, which should be a damn scary thought for the rest of the league.

RyanB, D-rock and smp like this.
  4. harold bingo

Supporting Member

What? I’m not expecting anything. You posted things about last years playoffs and I posted numbers that show that everything you said was wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

If you expect harden to score 40 for more than one game in a seven game series that's an assumption that has never happened!

Westbrook did score 40 more than once in a series against heat in a championship!

RyanB likes this.
  6. harold bingo

Supporting Member

What are you talking about? What is happening? Where did I say Harden would score 40 points? Is English your first language?

D-rock and topfive like this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just my opinion. Repeat offenders of non fact checked posts should receive mini bans. It’s become commonplace for posters to just say things when the resources are out there to verify. And now it’s easier than ever to find information you are looking for.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

imagine still rooting against westbrook despite our success and calling yourself a "rockets fan"

vator, D-rock, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I love the way we've been weathering the inevitable runs by our opponents. Earlier in the season, there was that sense of dread that we were about to blow a 20-point lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and have to struggle to try to win a close game in the last minute.

Now when the teams start to close the gap, our defense turns it on before things get out of hand. That usually leads to some transition points and in a short time, we've steered out of troubled seas.

Will, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Saturday is the first time one of the better teams in the league gets another look at this unconventional Rockets team w/ a chance to try something different this time around. It's one thing to play this team once without seeing it before. Boston is also playing well so it will definitely be a good one primetime, who are also a small ball team

#90 YOLO, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    hakeem94 and smp like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny, a few weeks ago people thought this team was an epic failure. Now they shouldn't lose a game again.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah there’s definitely an aura about this team. The level of intensity is up on both sides of the ball. Every player seems locked in and players seem like they’re having fun again. Completely different team than the one on opening night. Really interesting to see where this takes us.

RustyHarden, D-rock, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m more optimistic than I was last year. I just knew fat CP3 was going to be a no show when it mattered.
    For once we have depth too.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Small ball Rockets are turning it over significantly less. Westbrook is generating high quality shots off his drives to basket. We have much better shooters this year. I don’t expect it to remain the same, I expect it to go up.

Mclemore is shooting near 40%.
    Covington is better than anything we had last year.

D-rock likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The haters will always hate. It is crazy. CP3 had 4 whole games last year over 25 points. Russ is averaging more than that. Plus, Paul only had 1 game over 30 pts.

Russ and James are the perfect combination. They are unstoppable together, and are a scoring and rebounding machine. The Fast and the Furious duo. Strength, skill, and speed. Inside and outside scoring machines. In fact, this song comes to mind when I think of them:

#95 deb4rockets, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    RustyHarden and D-rock like this.
  16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Get on your knees ...right now.

And love it.

LOL

18. magichat281

magichat281 Member

you the one that likes to get on knees.i dont get on knees man. get on your knees. i got something hanging down for you.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I bet you are on your knees right now.

Wipe off the drool and get back to your prayers.

LOL

20. harold bingo

Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T. This is an encouraging stat.

hakeem94 likes this.