1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

There's a place in the height's called Sam's Fried Chicken and Donuts that has a good friend chicken and donut sandwhich. Don't know how the KFC one would be. Probably won't be going to get it, since I don't really like KFC chicken.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

don grahamleone and Deckard like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Whataburger's new spicy chicken sammich is solid, by far the best fried chicken thing they've ever done. I'd say better than CFA. Never had one at Popeye's so can't compare.

Bono likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I still haven't had the Popeyes chicken sandwich. Has anyone had the new Wendy's chicken sandwich they are advertising all over TV? I haven't had the new spicy chicken sandwich from Whataburger yet, either! That one is next on my list as I have a Whataburger gift card from X-mas.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sonic has one of these new fancy chicken sandwiches.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So the "chicken sandwich wars" are still raging? I haven't had a single chicken sandwich from any of places mentioned. Perhaps I'm missing out, but I've survived so far. However, I might be willing to try the one at Sam's Chicken and Donuts. I like local.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Xtra spit and pubes from the pimple faces make it xtra fancy

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just saw a commercial for that Whataburger one. Looks good. Tried the Popeyes one 6 months ago...it was really good. The original whatachicken with cheese (not the new one with that crap sauce) is still my favorite.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Popeyes is delish but the fat and salt content is ~50% more than CFA. You could eat half and reach your daily intake.

Wendy's new classic sando is decent. Good to try out but not terrible like MCD or bk.

Don't get the spicy. Chicken patty quality is cardboard composite grade. Most fast food places cheat with spicy chicken meat as they add more garbage seasonings that carpet bomb your taste buds.

BleedsRocketRed and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Jack In The Box Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich >>>>>>>Popeyes and Chick Fil-A. It's not even close, and I LOVE Popeyes. I am curious to try McDonalds new chicken sandwich though but I don't expect much from it.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't impressed with the Whataburger spicy chicken, but maybe it was just a poor quality location.

Love their burgers tho.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I wonder if the service in Shanghai is better than every single Popeyes here in the states? Probably not. It seems to be their M.O. and they drill it into their employees worldwide.

13. BleedsRocketRed

Same. It wasn't bad, just very mediocre at best.

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

how's the portion?

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

the chicken patties should all come from the same source or supplier, either yours is under/over fried or the oil is too old.... or the veggie not fresh.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're in Austin, right? There's a Popeyes over on Airport Blvd that I go to. I have no idea if the quality of chicken sandwiches changes by location, but that one is really good. I know it's not local, but it is Louisiana fast. I'm from Louisiana and Popeyes is pretty legit. I can't go to one without getting some red beans and rice. Their chicken sandwich with red beans and rice is a combo hard to beat drive-thru wise.

They have such a good baseline, I'd eat their gumbo or crawfish etouffee if they made it. Popeyes really deserves its own designation somewhere above "fast food" and below fine dining. I'd bet anything their owners aren't the greedy corner cutting kind.

Invisible Fan and Deckard like this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Every time I have the Popeye's Spicy Chicken sandwich, it makes me a better person.

This is not normal food.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That is a strong recommendation! I will check it out. :cool:

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

That's because you have a soul. You can't taste soul food without one.

Zboy likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

We seriously need to have a beer or nachos or something one of these days. I could even make gumbo at the house if you don't like being out. My wife is pretty darn hospitable too so I think it'd be pretty nice.