1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Does anyone else wish the Astros would "embrace the hate"?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by backwardhead, Feb 16, 2020.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Ordered myself one too. Not sure when I'll get it cause they sold out!

boomboom likes this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I just bought 2 from "Awesome Tees" Then it showed me related products, which were Houston Asterisks shirts...they are playing both sides!

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah. Cheating in '17 is far more concrete than the buzzer speculation of last season. There are enough level-headed people who would recognize the difference.

4. AstrosRockets1818

Um.... maybe?

5. JazzLakerHater

“Level-headed people” lol. Level head thinking and rationality left this topic a long time ago.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

When Verlander is your #1 player of course the league is gonna have.

Verlander is a beast!

7. Buck Turgidson

I do believe you are vastly overestimating the iq of the average sportsfan.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

A sportsfan is smart. Sportsfans are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

MIB quote, nice.
    [​IMG]

10. AWIN

AWIN Member

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Mentioned this in the other thread.

Fans should embrace it too, and somehow organize the city and fanbase to "ballot stuff" the All star game ballots so most of the team would be starters be for the ASG 2020 at Dodgers stadium.

12. SemisolidSnake

Although all "common sense" in my mind says that the thing to do in unwinnable situations like this is to just keep your head down and engage as little possible with people who are looking to add fuel to a fire that will eventually die out, I do kind of want them to just do the opposite. Keeping your head down seems like it's always the solution when people just won't let up. Not out of actual shame or lack of pride, but just to keep from stirring annoying things up that have everything to do with them not you.

But, honestly, there's a secret desire in me and I think a lot of people to just do what they'd actually like to do instead of what seems "sensible." This probably more often than not leads to outbursts in some damn-near-objectively stupid directions, politics being a good example.

But, I won't lie. My hatred of the despicable media and hypocritical players has me wanting to see literal blood. Like, the first time a batter gets plunked near the head in an obvious "payback" pitch, I kind of want him heading straight out to the mound...bat in hand. "Oh, you're going to try to injure me with a ball? I also have a tool of injury, you POS." Obviously, punishment would be severe, but the league has no moral compass by which it hands out punishment or scapegoats one of its teams, so you might as well make it count.

These are the thoughts that race through my head when I occasionally get tired of being "sensible." Don't "embrace the hate," whatever that even means psychologically; straight up return it.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I never have wished injury on any player until Mike Fiers. I honestly would laugh if someone hit a liner up the middle and it bounced off his head

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

Didn't that happen to him last season against the Stros?

King1 likes this.
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think it did actually lol