1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Russia Endorsing Trump, Again, Set to Interfere on His Behalf, Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Question for Mick, Dagger, pgabriel. Etc. and all other Trump supporters here:

Does it bother you guys at all that Trump will go down in history after this upcoming election of having NO LEGITIMACY if he uses the powers of the presidency to cheat using the help of a foreign adversary??

Do you guys care that you’ll have to defend this era to your kids and grandkids one day?

If you guys believe he’s the GOAT potus, why not push him and your party to win the election fair and square??? Why do you want your guy to win it with an asterisk??

Do you think us Astro’s fans are happy about having to have an asterisk on the 2017 World Series? I think they would have won without the cheating but it taints the achievement and is a painful part of an amazing moment in my sports fandom life.

I just think you guys don’t think about the ramifications of what your support of Russian interference (you guys clearly support it) in how this will be processed in the history books and dealt with for generations.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I like the Astros analogy. I guess one point would be, if you let the Astros get away with it all, what would it mean for baseball. But baseball is a lot less important than the health of our would-be democracy. Le sigh.

RayRay10 and Andre0087 like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is it okay for white supremacist American group to spread disinformation.

Because i believe Russians arent smart enough to make people vote the opposite or i don't think Americans are that stupid doesn't make me a Trumper. I have a problem with the "intefere" term. If Ukraine investigates Biden on their own are they interfering.

John Kerry got Swift Boated. Where is the CIA. I dont have a problem fighting it but the whole somebody was gonna vote fo Hilary till they saw a fake story about her clubbing baby seals is stupid

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it okay that you broke your computer when it wasn't working after you banged it trying to fix it? No, But it isn't a crime.

Is it okay that I broke into your house and bashed in your computer breaking it? No, and that is a crime. The result is still the same... a broken computer. But one doesn't make you less secure, one isn't a crime, and one was a result of your misguided attempt to make something better. The other was a result of animosity in an effort to break something.

There is a difference and one is a crime. Many things can have the same result and one is a crime and one isn't.

If you get angry and punch your hand and break your bones, that's bad it's not a crime. If I walk over, hold your hand down and smash it until you break your bones it is a crime. The result is still the same and neither is okay. But one is a crime.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never said it wasn't a crime. Its not the reason Trump won.

Americans have to qualify all kinds of information on a daily basis. It didn't start in 2016

And im glad your examples agree

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Maybe Trumpushka, can run again in 2024 and this time, actually try to do it without actively soliciting Russian interference.

Until then of course, he and his legacy, if there even is one, will be tainted forever by his Russian tooldom.

You know this, I know this, @Commodore knows this, and derp down inside his derply addled gray matter, Trumpushka knows this...and even better it hurts him to know that we know it.

Normally I'd say mercy and turn the other cheek, but just this once I'm going to allow the gleeful spite in that knowledge to exist.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to harp on the same point over and over, but the conservative media ecosystem will tell them it wasnt a big deal, dems are making a big deal out of it to score political points, and what really matters is all the Dems who haven't been prosecuted by the Justice Department and Hillary's emails.

...and they buy it because they feel better about themselves under that narriative.

GIGO.

RayRay10 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Asset isn’t the same as agent and if the Russians are using CNN to advance their cause they would be considered a Russian asset.

I haven’t seen all of CNN’s coverage regarding Sanders supporters but from what I’ve seen they Aren’t relying on Twitter for their reporting but are interviewing people who have been victims of negative rhetoric and threats and also people studying the issue. I posted for comment one of CNNs articles on the Bernie Sanders for President thread. Can you cite where CNN has based their reporting primarily on unverified Tweets?

also given that the story of harsh Sanders supporters wasn’t invented by CNN and predates this election should CNN just ignore the story when they are getting reports that this is an issue with affects in the primary such as in the situation with the Culinary Union.

#68 rocketsjudoka, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let's not knock Trump's Jedi mind tricks, Twitter feed and verbal alike. "My people are in Hawaii and you would not believe what they are finding."

As far as Orwellian double-speak, remember KellyAnne Cu--er, Conway, and, "He didn't speak untruths. He gave alternative facts." (Which is almost as ridiculous as the made-for-laughs Geico commercial: Flo, noticing what her coworker is drinking, asks, "Uh, aren't you lactose intolerant?" The coworker: "This isn't lactose. It's milk.") Except that's stupidity, and Conway is deception gone awry.

Orwell's "1984" went back to #1 on the bestseller list as a result.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Do you honestly believe that Trump is not openly soliciting help in the 2020 election and if the reporting is accurate as of even this week is openly trying to hide it from even Congress?

Is that really what you believe or are you making a case that it doesn’t matter because of John Kerry, Hillary, Soros, blah blah??

I don’t understand. My question was pretty clear but it seems that I won’t get a straight answer of course. You guys just need to get some guts and stand by what you really believe.

If I had a PGabriel translator I would interpret your post that you are okay with it because you feel you can justify it with whataboutism. Please tell me if my interpretation has a signal error.

If you feel like you are going to be just fine justifying your support/apologies for Trump years down the road I think you are misguided IMO. This guy wants to rule as an autocrat obviously and supporters like yourself are going to have one hell of a time trying to justify this period to your kids or grandkids one day. What do you think he’s going to do to this country in 21-24?? Sunshine and rainbows?

11. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is one reason why I posted the “questions from a Trump Supporter” as there you can see they are more concerned about things like illegal immigration, abortion and the economy. In fact they don’t understand why those of us who oppose trump think the way we do.

I like the comparison to the Astros as On Sports Talk outside of Houston there is overwhelming anger towards the Astros’ organization and players. Just looking on Clutchfans Astros section there is a siege mentality and a sense that we have to circle the wagons. Heck I’m guilty of that too since I have taken down my Altuve avatar or Go Stros sig. I get the feeling from some Trump supporters they feel that way too and they are determined to stick with Trump if for nothing more than getting back at libs who have been calling them backwards dumb and racist

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It plainly bothers Trump, who cares about his supporters.

That's where the value prop is for me here.

Trump hates this taint.

Ergo I will expose his taint gleefully.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You asked why it made a difference who was spreading the misinformation. I explained why it makes a difference even though the result may or may not be the same. Nobody knows whether it did or didn't change the outcome of the election.

That wasn't all that the Russians did. They attempted to hack into voter registration lists and voting machines in multiple states. The KKK hasn't done that. There is another difference for you.

Even if it didn't change any results at all, it doesn't make it okay.

If I walked into a room and started shooting at people but missed, that doesn't make it okay or something that nobody should be worried about my intent to do it again.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What proof do you have that he is openly soliciting help?

Beyond that i responded to your accusation that im taking my position cause i support Trump. My position is that it doesn't matter that Russia floats fake news stories. There is all kinds of fake info on politicians, celebrities, athletes, etc. Americans can decipher real from fake.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@dobro1229

On the John Kerry comment. You really dont see the comparison of Swiftboating and Russian fake news?

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The mud slinging would never end if they did that, not to mention it would diminish the respect we get as a world superpower.

RayRay10 likes this.